[GB] B895-SuperSlim-V1

Guest Dovahpig

I read on first post GPS is optimized for spain and europe. I live in France (South West), 100 km from spain. With rom original parameters, after 10 min GPS was not fixed, with another gps.conf, it takes few seconds...

######################################

##### gps.conf v2 pour la France #####

##### par CLR1 #####

##### 24-09-2012 #####

NTP_SERVER=0.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=0.fr.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.fr.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.fr.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.fr.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# Niveaux de débogage : 0 = Aucun, 1 = Erreur, 2 = Avertissement, 3 = Info, 4 = Débogage, 5 = Verbose

DEBUG_LEVEL=3

# Rapport de position intermédiaire : 0 = Désactiver, 1 = Activer

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

# Seuil de précision pour les positions intermédiaires, les positions moins précises sont ignorés : 0 = pour faire passer toutes les positions

ACCURACY_THRES=2500

# Rapport de supl refloc sur l'emplacment de la position : 0 = Désactiver, 1 = Activer

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

# Wiper (positionnement wifi) : 0 = Désactiver, 1 = Activer

ENABLE_WIPER=1

##### Paramètres du serveur AGPS #####

CURRENT_CARRIER=common

DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

# Pour le support de supl, définissez les paramètres suivants

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425

SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275

SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN

SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

# Pour le support de c2k pde, définissez les paramètres suivants

C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com

C2K_PORT=1234

# TRUE pour "User Plane", FALSE pour "Control Plane"

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

SENSOR_GYRO_BATCHES_PER_SEC=2

CAPABILITIES=0x07

SENSOR_ACCEL_BATCHES_PER_SEC=2

QUIPC_ENABLED=0

SENSOR_GYRO_SAMPLES_PER_BATCH=5

ERR_ESTIMATE=0

SENSOR_ACCEL_SAMPLES_PER_BATCH=5

SENSOR_CONTROL_MODE=0

SENSOR_USAGE=0

XTRA_DOWNLOAD_INTERVAL_CONFIG=432000000

SENSOR_PROVIDER=1

SUPL_VER=0x10000

The rom is very great but There is a problem in the Arabic language separation of characters from each other

Please fix it or till me how can I fix it

Thanks

Edited by kekoo81

Edit: I never used GB that much before on G300 so this may be a dumb question ... but are the notification/status bar toggles limited to a fixed set of Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Data and Rotate? Is there no way to add others - in particular volume (to toggle between normal mode and silent/vibrate only)? If not what other options are there - e.g. flashable toggle patch? App (that can replace the standard notification/status bar toggles?)? Widget?

Edit: never mind - I disabled the built-in toggles so they don't appear in the notification bar and installed Power Toggles (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362512-gb-toggles/) and use the widget on the home screen and it does what I want.

Also I take it that it's a GB feature that you cannot drag down the notification/status tray from the lockscreen? And you can only do this when the phone has been unlocked?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Dovahpig

If i find the way to remove the completely from the rom (not just disable them from menu) i add power toggles as default. If so i have few other tweaks for v2

Edited by Dovahpig

Any way to get the stock News and Weather app/widget (Genie widget?) installed?

I tried the zip here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362662-stock-appsmods-for-the-g300/

but it craps out (geniewidget has stopped or something like that).

Or should I download/flash again in case it was corrupt?

Or does anybody have any recommendations of a better replacement for the stock news and weather?

Cheers :)

Also I take it that it's a GB feature that you cannot drag down the notification/status tray from the lockscreen? And you can only do this when the phone has been unlocked?

You can enable notification/status tray pull down on the lock screen with Holo Locker. Not tried with stock launcher.

Also if you are UK based BBC Weather and BBC News app work well.

Thanks. I tried Holo Locker briefly but couldn't get it to replace the default (Potter?) lock screen... I'll try again later.

Thanks for the BBC tip but I'd like to get the stock News & Weather again if possible.

Edit: tried Holo Locker again tonight and it did work. Maybe it worked last night but I didn't realise after spending about 3 hours until 2AM messing with my phone...  :unsure:  However trying to drag the notification bar/drawer down from the lock screen behaves weird and basically doesn't work for me for some reason. Oh well... Edit: Duh - I should get more sleep. Tried again tonight and this time configured it correctly to allow dragdown of the notification bar/tray/drawer while locked and it does work fine...  :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Any way to restore the battery icon to it's default appearance, or any other? I really hate the look of that dotted circle, it's a small detail but for some reason it really messes with me... Surely there's got to be a flashable .zip file or SOMETHING around?

When I installed superslim-v1 I had a "barchart" + percentage battery display.

I flashed the circle battery mod from here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364973-gb-b895-slim-v7-multibaseband/

and now I have a solid circle with percentage in the middle.

Where did you get the dotted circle one from?

A few people have asked for different battery icons in this and the original GB slim thread. Looks like it's difficult to keep all of the people happy all of the time?! :D

Edited by dalyer

Does this ROM (or the bundled kernel?) come with init.d support?

If so then I presume that link2int will work?
If not then can I install init.d support (e.g. via Pimp My ROM) so that link2int will work?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: PS - running this ROM for a couple of days now and I really like it. When I originally got my G300 I immediately updated to ICS before playing with different ICS and JB ROMs. But this is the first one that I've used that is actually really smooth/snappy and not irritating to use (unless you really can't live without the ICS/JB extra bells and whistles). I guess that (as suggested elsewhere) GB just "fits" better with this phone?

Edited by dalyer

I found that my battery life was about the same as or a bit less than Stock+ ICS but I think that Settings > Location & security > My Location > Use wireless networks and the MS Outlook.com/Hotmail app were draining it based on what Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector were telling me. I've disabled/uninstalled these and the battery drain seems better. I still need to investigate some other wakelocks and alarms reported by Better Battery Stats to see if there are other drains that can be avoided.

Guest nxkealen

Is there any  overclockable kernel for this rom on 2030 baseband ? And do i need it at all ? I don't play games a lot , only browsing and social media, i'm looking for great battery life ?

Guest george109

Is there any  overclockable kernel for this rom on 2030 baseband ? And do i need it at all ? I don't play games a lot , only browsing and social media, i'm looking for great battery life ?

Use the Ouch kernel by Kra1o5 - http://www.modaco.com/topic/361511-ouch-kernel-gb-v10-18032013/

I would not overclock if you do not game, it can increase performance, but not really for browsing and social media. I would use my settings which are:

Min 122

Max 1008 (This is the default for the g300 anyway)

Governor:

Perfomance - If you want performance, but battery life is not great.

SmartAss V2 - This is the best for good performance (but not as good as performance) and good battery life.