[ROM][PATCH] ZTE Blade III -> ZTE Acqua compatibility for all ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
Here is a compatibility patch that will convert any ZTE Blade III ROM to work on ZTE Acqua.

This patch causes a problem with camcorder on CM11. Remove /system/etc/media_profiles.xml from this patch before installing with CM11.

BladeIII-Acqua-compatibility-v2.zip
md5:6e99819906adc97b3b985b6b8073e354

Changes:
  • rename device Blade III -> Acqua
  • wifi modules/firmware from ZTE Acqua (TMN_P740AV1.0.0B03)
  • work around to calibrate proximity sensor on every boot
  • media_profiles to fix front facing camera crash

How to install:
1. Follow instructions how to flash any Blade III ROM
2. Flash BladeIII-Acqua-compatibility-v2.zip in CWM after installing the ROM

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Nice ;)

Apparently you ought to add that xml fix you posted yesterday. You may as well use it to make one rather useful zip.

Edit: Oh, and uhm... the default Bluetooth name is still Blade III. If there's anyway to fix that small issue, then your renaming would be complete. I can confirm for you that both MTP and Camera is now renamed. Before it only renamed the MTP if we input the

see -i 's/Blade III/Acqua/g' /system/build.prop
manually thru terminal emulator or build.prop edit. Thanks for any assistance in this matter. Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest SandStorm_RS

dunno why, but for my wifi to work again I had to install again those two wifi patches from a previous topic. +probably was an issue of my dirty flashing,. but i have it working.

Guest KonstaT

Edit: Oh, and uhm... the default Bluetooth name is still Blade III. If there's anyway to fix that small issue, then your renaming would be complete.

Default bluetooth name should be renamed correctly on CM10 that uses the bluez stack. Renaming default bluetooth device isn't possible in CM10.1/CM10.2 that use the bluedroid stack without recompiling (it's hardcoded in a header).

https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40/blob/cm-10.2/bluetooth/bdroid_buildcfg.h#L21

dunno why, but for my wifi to work again I had to install again those two wifi patches from a previous topic. +probably was an issue of my dirty flashing,. but i have it working.

Well, I tested it on my Blade III and it killed my wifi completely. I took that as a good sign. ;)

Can someone else verify that wifi doesn't work with this patch? From which build I should use the wifi drivers instead?

Can someone else verify that wifi doesn't work with this patch? From which build I should use the wifi drivers instead?

Yea I tested it on your 11.10 build and had to use mrjujas' patch to get wifi working again.

Didn't pay attention to the other two things included

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Default bluetooth name should be renamed correctly on CM10 that uses the bluez stack. Renaming default bluetooth device isn't possible in CM10.1/CM10.2 that use the bluedroid stack without recompiling (it's hardcoded in a header).

https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40/blob/cm-10.2/bluetooth/bdroid_buildcfg.h#L21

OK thanks for the info. At least its easy to change it, so no worries.

The rom is fantastic and everything works perfectly, congratulations to Konstat ... Only flashplayer does not work ... Any solution for this to work? Even skyfire says error reading flash videos ... With the stock rom read flash videos without problems ...
thank you very much

Guest MJonMoDaCo

The rom is fantastic and everything works perfectly, congratulations to Konstat ... Only flashplayer does not work ... Any solution for this to work? Even skyfire says error reading flash videos ... With the stock rom read flash videos without problems ...thank you very much

Huh? This is a flashable zip - not an installer for flash player. Certainly not a ROM. You can download flash player from a few different sources, but the play store, iirc, isn't one of them...

Yes, i know! I install the flashplayer apk, but the browsers dont read it... Dont say "need plug in", but dont play the video... With the stock rom works perfectly... Even skyfire say error when i try to play a video...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yes, i know! I install the flashplayer apk, but the browsers dont read it... Dont say "need plug in", but dont play the video... With the stock rom works perfectly... Even skyfire say error when i try to play a video...

Yes, but my point was that it has nothing to do with compatibility with a Blade 3 ROM. That's just a matter of asking the problem in the right place for starters. Perhaps you need a 4.3 compatible version of flash? I assume that's what you have?

• 1 month later...
Guest zecaralho

installed cm11 from konstaT ( tryed blade3->acqua mod first but it was giving me problems, so tryed to just skipt it and seems to have no problem at all - unless u dont like the phone to id itself as blade 3)

skipped his gapps, used paranoid android mini gapps and is working with ART without problems ( also modifyed build.prop after to change low memory and got the transparancies on the menu)

Guest epyloxias

installed cm11 from konstaT ( tryed blade3->acqua mod first but it was giving me problems, so tryed to just skipt it and seems to have no problem at all - unless u dont like the phone to id itself as blade 3)

skipped his gapps, used paranoid android mini gapps and is working with ART without problems ( also modifyed build.prop after to change low memory and got the transparancies on the menu)

Αctually blade3->acqua mode is used AFTER installing rom and gapps. KonstaT's gapps by the way works fine for me (Greek Acqua user). :)

Guest zecaralho

1st - dont know why, but i was getting errors in camera app with the mod ( errors only in movie mode al other modes where working)

2nd - KonstaT GApps ( at least the ones who where posted the fist time, as i didnt cheched if they got a new version) should fail if u use ART runtime (u should even check KonstaT's posts around the second page or so explaining his GApps package fail with A.R.T. , but that u should have no problem finding some that should work - even pointing to paranoid android's gapps package and stating we cant even use the full package cause lack of /system space)

3rd - if u dont know what ART is/ dont care for a faster system ( even if it can make some older apps crash) u can just use KonstaT GApps.

btw, ART is a AOT (ahead of time) compiler for apps versus the JIT (just in time) interpreter

so we got to chose,

a fast compiled version ( should take more time to run the first time u run it but is faster on the next time you run it) or a slow interpreted version (as all of us are used to use)

Guest KonstaT

1st - dont know why, but i was getting errors in camera app with the mod ( errors only in movie mode al other modes where working)

Yeah, it's because of the /system/etc/media_profiles.xml included in this compatibility patch. It's still needed for CM10/CM10.1 (because I haven't updated those builds after I fixed the front facing camera). It makes no difference for CM10.2 (identical file) but it will break the camcorder for CM11.

Just remove it from the patch before you install it (or replace it with the one that comes with CM11).

Guest zecaralho

>>Just remove it from the patch before you install it (or replace it with the one that comes with CM11).

i would if i had anything not working (at least everything seems working, even without the patch).

I like the KISS approach. If it aint broken dont mess with it :D

(mostly use the phone as a 3g router)

• 2 years later...