Argos now in on the Tablet game..

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

After Tesco were the first to lead the own brand Tablets, now Argos are getting in on the action....

Thankfully, their release is no where near as good as the Hudl...

Only DualCore, only 8GB storage, and less screen res.... (I gave up reading after that)....

http://news.sky.com/story/1154706/argos-launches-own-brand-budget-tablet

I know this post has nothing to do with Hudl, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate place, just thought it may be of interest as Tesco followed the trend first....

Cheers, Lister

I'll reserve judgement until I've used one. You can't rely on rumours or marketing piffle.

A video:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10378068/MyTablet-Argos-launches-100-tablet-to-rival-Tesco-Hudl.html

Doesn't even have the Play store. haha.

edit: reminds me of this bit of poop (NEXT Tablet) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2qrcc7Sv5g

edit2: It does have the play store. It also has another app store. Weird.

Edited by Rem1x

Guest glossywhite

The company that makes it is Bush, known for their terrible quality products. Price is nice though.

That's incorrect. The *brand* is "Bush", and the brand is now owned by Argos. Bush existed way before Argos were even a twinkle in their founder's eye, back in 1932, making valve radio sets.

You may have heard of "rebranding", where one company makes a product for another company, and then sticks the other company's logo on the product; well I strongly suspect that is what Argos have commissioned for their Bush branded tablet - probably using some "Wun Hung Lo" Chinese factory.

The tablet is neither good nor bad in my eyes, as we haven't one to base a judgement on, yet.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest CashMoney

That's incorrect. The *brand* is "Bush", and the brand is now owned by Argos. Bush existed way before Argos were even a twinkle in their founder's eye, back in 1932, making valve radio sets.

You may have heard of "rebranding", where one company makes a product for another company, and then sticks the other company's logo on the product; well I strongly suspect that is what Argos have commissioned for their Bush branded tablet - probably using some "Wun Hung Lo" Chinese factory.

The tablet is neither good nor bad in my eyes, as we haven't one to base a judgement on, yet.

Case in point, Asda's Polaroid TV's are infact Technika ... and who knows if they are the original manufacturers :)

Sky NowTV boxes are rebranded Roku LT's. And iirc isn't one of the PIPO 7" tablets a Sumvision Voyager 7"?

Staying more on topic, I wouldn't discount this Argos tablet too quickly. If it's at least the RK3066 Dual core, that's not too bad. That said, for £20 extra I'd buy the Hudl over the Argos/Bush tablet without a doubt.