How do I transfer files Apps on to my memory card?

Guest jsknight100

Guest jsknight100
djpatterson I have downloaded es file explorer. How do I download ebooks on to the sd card & how do I get apps eg Kindle or Google books to look for them there?

If they are already on your Hudl, you have to find where they are with ES file explorer or similar, select them, cut or copy and paste to your new location (sd card) it will then be in your settings of your kindle app as to where the app should look for books.

If your books are on your pc, then connect you Hudl to it and you can copy and paste them direct onto the sd card as it will show up as an extra drive under my computer, you will then have to go in to options on your kindle app and point the app where to look for the books

Hope this helps!

Guest jsknight100

If they are already on your Hudl, you have to find where they are with ES file explorer or similar, select them, cut or copy and paste to your new location (sd card) it will then be in your settings of your kindle app as to where the app should look for books.

If your books are on your pc, then connect you Hudl to it and you can copy and paste them direct onto the sd card as it will show up as an extra drive under my computer, you will then have to go in to options on your kindle app and point the app where to look for the books

Hope this helps!

thanks for your help.

I have transferred a book onto my sd card via my computer but my Kindle app is not recognising it! I can't find the options on my Kindle app only  a settings area! Or are the options on the device not the actual kindle app?

Guest jsknight100

thanks for your help.

I have transferred a book onto my sd card via my computer but my Kindle app is not recognising it! I can't find the options on my Kindle app only  a settings area! Or are the options on the device not the actual kindle app?

I don't have the kindle app on, but it will be in the app itself in the settings somewhere.

Failing that if you look in ES file explorer or equivalent there will be a kindle folder, the downloaded books could well need to be in that folder, although not sure as I don't have it!

Guest greyrider

Well, well.

I installed Kindle and no, it doesn't see anything unless it's installed to the Kindle book folder.

I loaded in Moonreader and a long press on the .mobi file brought up the "open as" menu from whence I chose "text" and then Moonreader. Hmm.

I moved Kindle app to SD and it made no difference. A search online confirms that Kindle only works one way, pants. So, try Aldiko or Moonreader or some other and have Kindle for synching your purchases, maybe.