Slimport

Guest runlevel5

Guest runlevel5

Gonna get the chromecast when its official(ie cheap, lol) in the UK. Looking forward to getting this though. At that price its worth a punt. NFS: Most Wanted and Ashphalt 8 should look good on the big screen :-)

Guest comicbookguy

i'm more bothered about using it as a portable media player. don't really want to have to carry another phone or tab to use as a remote tho, so i was more interested in miracast....

Guest runlevel5

Our TV is knocking on and the missus wants iPlayer (we only have freeview) so the chromecast seems a potentiality good choice. currently only on copper wire broadband though as fibre not yet in the village so will investigate nearer the time. Will look into miracast though :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest runlevel5

got my slimport. doesn't work at all on TV in lounge. works on daughters bedroom TV for about a minute then loses signal. tried different HDMI leads to no avail. gonna try on mum n dads TV which is newer when I get time. will update the thread with any news. any ideas? too much hassle sending it back to HK for what I paid for it. if it doesn't work think I'll go the miracast route.