[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest kyan31

Aplogies if i'm hijacking and posting in the wrong place.

Is it possible to flash this kitkat rom straight from slimbean 4.2.2 v8?

My CWM is 4.0.1.5 and i have baseband 2030, do i need to flash CWM 6.0.4.5 before the kitkat rom?

Yes, you can flash it directly from any other rom, and yes you need cwm 6. This isn't hynix safe so check what memory you have.

Guest Fl@aps

Hi everybody,

I'm trying kitkat on my device. Seems to work great. I'm only having an issue with "link2sd" to use internal sd.

I'm using this http://goo.gl/1fHwJJ procedure. Link2sd  will see the internal sd as a 2nd partition, however external sd card and internal sd card no longer appear under definitions>storage. To the system I no longer have any sd card...

Exploring the file system I see that both sd cards are mount under /mnt/media_rw and /storage/sdcard 0 an 1 are both empty.

Can anyone explain me what's going on?

thank you

Sérgio

Portugal

Edited by Fl@aps

The fix for data connection problem has been merged.

It should be in the tomorrow's build.

Possible fix for VOIP calls has been merged too.

The changes doesn't included in the changelog, but I think it must be in the build because data connection seems stable now.

I can't say anything about the VOIP thing. I don't use it.

Guest wbrambley

The changes doesn't included in the changelog, but I think it must be in the build because data connection seems stable now.

I can't say anything about the VOIP thing. I don't use it.

Look at today's build log and scroll back to yesterday.

Look at today's build log and scroll back to yesterday.

Ehh... I haven't thought that the build system change the changelogs retrospectively.

It wasn't included in the yesterdays build. I'm sure abut that.

Anyway, I can't find the possible VOIP "fix" in the build. (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60517/)

Maybe it will be in tomorrow.

Edited by rhen

Data problems solved, but when I updated to nightly 0603, google search module disappeared... I had to reinstall

I checked and seems like I've made a mistake in the search module's backup script. I'll upload the fixed version when I get home.

Guest goodfella123

Yes, you can flash it directly from any other rom, and yes you need cwm 6. This isn't hynix safe so check what memory you have.

Thanks Kyan31, thankfully i don't have hynix memory.

I've read about unlocking bootloader, does that apply to me also and sending email to Huawei - my bootloader states it is locked but apparently you say i can flash a new rom straight from JB?

I plan to install CWM r8 6.0.4.5 followed by KK 4.4.2 CyanogenMod 11.0. Is the 3rd March nightly build the most stable?

When i flash the CWM 6 do i select standard wiping of delvik cache etc before each flash?

Is there anything else i need to do other than direct flash of each of CWM, KK & Gapps?

Finally, would i be better asking these questions in the explained like you're 5 thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Guest qwertyu123

I checked and seems like I've made a mistake in the search module's backup script. I'll upload the fixed version when I get home.

Thanks!

Guest dalyer

I've read about unlocking bootloader, does that apply to me also and sending email to Huawei - my bootloader states it is locked but apparently you say i can flash a new rom straight from JB?

Finally, would i be better asking these questions in the explained like you're 5 thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You need to unlock the bootloader to flash a custom ROM.

You should do an official unlock on stock ICS (e.g. B952) in order to avoid 3G reboots with the unofficially unlocked one (g300bootloader.exe from the "explained like you're 5" tutorial).

Official unlocking is explained in george109's detailed tutorial.

Some people managed to do it for free or €1 using DC Unlocker rather rather than waiting on Huawei to send the unlock code which can be hit and miss. See page 17 of george109's tutorial thread.

Just to reiterate ... DON'T use the "like you're 5" thread bootloader unlocking!

You can use it or one of the other tutorials for rooting and installing CWM though.

Edited by dalyer

I think the fix for Voip will be ready at any time. It's merged but needs Code-Review.

Every merged change I have sew before was in the following nightly.

The needs code review was there before the merge too.

I thought this is because the author was Steve Kondik. He just decided to merge it regardless of code review. He can do it.

Guest bartharobert

hy everyone, i have a question...if i update my cm version with nightly builds i will loose my files? i can make this update every day with a fresh nightly build? thanks a lot!

Guest wards5150

Anyone else having signal trouble? I only use 2g and have never had this problem till using this ROM. Showing 4 bars but texts aren't getting through. Once I reboot texts start coming through again. My wife thinks I am ignoring her. I usually do but at least I could read the texts first. Could this have anything to do with inclusion of whisper push?

Edited by wards5150

Guest darthmaul88

Anyone else having signal trouble? I only use 2g and have never had this problem till using this ROM. Showing 4 bars but texts aren't getting through. Once I reboot texts start coming through again. My wife thinks I am ignoring her. I usually do but at least I could read the texts first. Could this have anything to do with inclusion of whisper push?

SMS work ok for me on last nightly. Incoming and Outgoing too.

Guest MetalDroid

True.. To operate properly, do a clean install of the rom, active ART, and finally installed applications.

The application storage is less using ART, we should find some way to make it work in this ROM Link2SD (I have not been able).

Guest m_kosmos

Ok. now i'm clean memory (wipe) and activete ART.

now wait for start and test speed,.. after this i'm install apps and reboot device.. and see results..

Guest nomaximux

Hi all...

Im sorry for bring back once again my issue at kitkat...

Since i have kitkat i "have!" a problem...

When im in a call and i want to use the speaker... the sound is very low... i barely can listen, unless the phone is one palm distance...

IS THERE a fix for this?

I installed last night the matrix rom and... the speaker was pretty loud! but i prefer the kitkat rom... but... speaker volume is to low...

Please people... can someone help me on this?

cheers...

nomax