How to flash the US Global GSM 4.4.2 ROM to your UNLOCKED UK device

Guest Simon O

Guest TescoHudl

Do we have to unlock the phone before flashing the update, or can it be done afterwards? If it needs to be done before the upgrade, i'm in trouble because i don't have another SIM card to place in the phone. (Another SIM card is needed so that the prompt can appear asking for the unlocking number)

Guest Simon O

Anyone know about Miracast, does it work on KK??

Also, the new Kernel, can it be flashed with 4.3 BL??

The option is available but my TV doesn't have Miracast support so I haven't tested it myself. Haven't looked at custom kernels either as I don't have a need for them.

Guest bonyback

Do we have to unlock the phone before flashing the update, or can it be done afterwards? If it needs to be done before the upgrade, i'm in trouble because i don't have another SIM card to place in the phone. (Another SIM card is needed so that the prompt can appear asking for the unlocking number)

spend a quid to buy any sim from supermarket, I would. 

Guest irishpancake

Is it SIM unlocked now??

Nothing should change that status if already SIM/Network unlocked.

Guest TescoHudl

Is it SIM unlocked now??

Nothing should change that status if already SIM/Network unlocked.

No, it's not already unlocked.

The unlocking server i was going to use via a seller on Ebay is offline until January 1st, so it looks like i'll have to wait now anyway... :(

Guest plewis1981

Will flashing this wipe my SD card? As I have a CWM backup I cannot copy to my laptop and would prefer no to loose it, I did see a fastboot command to retrieve it bit can't seem to finds it now I need it.

I know the UK update will be hear soon but I am getting withdrawel symptoms from not flashing anything for nearly a WEEK lol, and as I have cwm I will have to flash the UK ROM via fastboot anyway.

Edit, also I have never used side loading before if someone could provide a more detailed guide to regaining root I would be most grateful, or would I just be able to flash the superuser.zip I got from koush website in recovery, as I did with infusion 4.3?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest cooptx

Now, if you wish to regain ROOT after flashing the 4.2.2 ROM or you want to install custom recovery to create a backup etc, you need to download the following archives:

Getting the H icon back on the status bar

US roms don't differentiate between 3G or H so they will always show 3G. To change this you can flash the following file through custom recovery that will fix this:

SystemUI-Patched

Update: Motorola modified the cell signal bars so they are a little wider than normal. If you want to have the usual Android style then you can flash the attached zip instead. HSPA has been enabled in this zip like above. attachicon.gifSystemUI_AOSP_Statusbar-signed.zip

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-28-17-35-59.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-28-17-36-18.png

Want the new Google Home launcher? Get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2529594

@top bit, I do hope that you mean 4.4.2 :P

@bottom bit, which zip is for the one shown in the screenshot?

Edited by cooptx

Hello, can some one with the US rom please verify if it has the language Portuguese (Portugal) and Portuguese (Brasil)? The UK rom only have Portuguese from Brasil.

Thank you.

Guest kumarslvr

since its US firmware, will i get update quicker in the future? also do i have to install UK firmware once its releases for UK retail version or can i just continue using US rom?