Don't buy this expecting cheap unlock

Guest ArcticFox

Guest markhuges

I'm sure they all use the same servers. As soon as I get the code (or don't), I'll leave a message.

EDIT: I got a reply informing me of a refund for the first listing, then I got another one about half an hour later saying exactly the same thing for the Tesco-specific listing. IMEI rejected again. I'm sorely tempted to just go the PAC route so I can at least start using the phone properly. If it's an issue with waiting for the servers to be updated then it could be weeks, if ever. I'm not going to sit around trying different unlockers every so often on the chance it'll work. I'm going to check out the £20 Tesco route as a last resort.

Give it a week and then try and ask the seller if the servers are updated ( since its new years i assume) wait until Jan 5-9th and then try !

Best of luck!! 

Guest gavin.19

Give it a week and then try and ask the seller if the servers are updated ( since its new years i assume) wait until Jan 5-9th and then try !

Best of luck!! 

Cheers. I gave in and transferred to Tesco, although it'll probably not be until the 2nd/3rd until it's completed. I will do as you suggested though and try again in a week or two, then I can switch back to O2.

Guest philipsp

Just to add my experience.

Ordered a Moto g 8GB from Tesco on the 28th December. It came on the 30th. Applied for an unlock code mnz.technologies.ltd on the 30th and the unlock code was with me by the morning of 31st when I used the unlock code and it worked.

Guest gavin.19

I bought the phone from Tesco and bought an bought the unlock code from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111223239973

It took about twenty minutes to get the email with the unlock number. I entered it and it worked first time.

He has been on holiday for 2-3 days but says he'll be back today (2nd). I'll probably just wait a week or two to give the servers time to update and try again.

I should mention that the other seller issued a prompt refund on both the listings that I tried, ie the base £2 one and the £5 'Tesco-specific' one. Neither worked, but you get a refund anyway so I'd just try the £2 first.

Guest markhuges

He has been on holiday for 2-3 days but says he'll be back today (2nd). I'll probably just wait a week or two to give the servers time to update and try again.

I should mention that the other seller issued a prompt refund on both the listings that I tried, ie the base £2 one and the £5 'Tesco-specific' one. Neither worked, but you get a refund anyway so I'd just try the £2 first.

Hey best of luck to you !!! I'm supsiered it didn't work ! Like I said. Wait a week and then try

Btw I also ,a aged to get my 8gb tesco unlocked. From the mnztechnology seller £2.03!

After a few days (ideally 6th jan) ask him again ! I'm sure it will work as servers are liklyely to be update

Guest 0066ad

In Ireland these phones seem to lock on to the network that you put the first sim card is into them.

I've never seen this before, bought the phone in a meteor store which wasn't my network, they guy asked me do I wont a sim card as it is locked to meteor 

I declined, thought I was going to have get  unlocked anyway but when I got home tried my sim and it worked. Thought I was lucky and got a sim free phone so tried 

a sim from meteor and guess what it asked for a sim unlock code.

Edited by 0066ad

Guest t-bon3

Yes looks like most people are getting their unlocks just fine, I've unlocked 2 Tesco Moto G's today, an 8GB and a 16GB.

Looking at the purchase history on ebay, smgreen1969 has unlocked almost 6,000 Moto G's and mnz.technologies.ltd nearly 7,000, both of them are unlocking more than 100 Moto G's a day.  :ph34r:

Guest TescoHudl

Guess what guys? :D

Smgreen1969 has finally been able to get me an unlocking code!!! It was the £6.49 method which worked here, on my 16GB Tesco Mobile PAYG.

Guest deltalinxx

Not sure why you guys are having trouble, I just brought a 8gb from tesco for £99 and used the £1.99 unlock code and it worked straight away.

Guest gavin.19

Guess what guys? :D

Smgreen1969 has finally been able to get me an unlocking code!!! It was the £6.49 method which worked here, on my 16GB Tesco Mobile PAYG.

Congrats. Seems we're one of the few unlucky ones that had to go the more expensive route, but still, it's still a lot less than the £20 Tesco would charge.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andymac1969

Unlocked 2 last night with codes purchased here.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111223239973?

Dont wanna sound like an advert but last night,20 minutes tops and codes were bought ,sent and used successfully .

One 8gb,one 16gb both purchased tescos in the last fortnight.

I used this one Moto G 8GB from Tesco, received the unlock code in about 20 minutes, fantastic service !!

My mum bought me one in tesco then brought it me me in Spain where in live over Christmas . 16gb. Unlocked for £2 eBay in about 2hours. Great phone for the money cheapest I can get here is €200 vs €154 I paid getting a tesco model unlocked

• 4 weeks later...

meteor isn't sell sim free moto g, I'll try to explain.

The version sold by Meteor is marked "EURetailSL". The device is unlocked when you take it out of the box, but it will be locked to the network of the first SIM inserted.

But anyway i see seller in ebay that sell code for meteor too

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nirmalbalaji

I was about to buy Moto G 16GB from TESCO (UK) and will get a SIM unlock code from eBay. I hope it works. But I have a concern about it. Will the mobile accept Indian SIM cards? I'm not a UK resident, I live in India. Just buying the mobile from TESCO because its cheaper than in India.

Guest glossywhite

Maybe the title of this thread should be edited to reflect the fact that these codes are now available for peanuts; I paid £1.99 and had the code within 20 mins, from an English gentleman named Simon Green. 

Here is his listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorola-Moto-G-Mobile-Phone-Unlock-Code-/111223239973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19e56bf525

Edited by glossywhite

• 1 month later...
Guest codroid

Tried 2 eBay sellers and unlock-unit and still locked :(

Moto G from Argos on Vodafone 

edit: and there goes number 4 unlocker :( who said my IME has been rejected wtf

Edited by codroid

• 2 months later...
Guest Mrian

Tried 2 eBay sellers and unlock-unit and still locked :(

Moto G from Argos on Vodafone 

edit: and there goes number 4 unlocker :( who said my IME has been rejected wtf

did u ever unlock it? im getting lte variant, hope its easy to unlock

• 11 months later...
Guest FayeJackson

Hey everyone,

I thought I might be able to help out with this... I had the same problem are you all my network wanted to charge me £50 to unlock my phone which is pretty ridiculous anyway, I found this guide online: http://freemobileunlockcodes.com/brands/motorola/unlock-motorola-moto-g-free/ which showed me how to unlock my motorola moto G for free, it worked for me so I thought it might work for you guys, hope this helps! any questions just ask I suppose, i might be able to help but i dunno lol :)