Another bricked G300 thread

Guest Tippon

Sorry to post another thread on this, but I've tried the various guides and been searching for the last few days and haven't got anywhere :(

I've followed the steps in the guide here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362681-guide-how-to-unbrick-the-g300/ and tried flashing various recoveries and update.app files including middle files but none of them have worked.

I was trying to flash my phone back to stock to unlock the SIM, and I'm guessing I've missed a step somewhere.

I've posted in the guide thread, but haven't had an answer yet, probably because of the amount of posts before mine. These are the two relevant posts for my issue:

Not sure what it is.
If you need to unbrick have you tried force updating stock ICS B952?
You can get it from the "official bootloader unlock" tutorial thread and elsewhere.

Thanks for replying :)

Yeah, I've tried that, as well as several other roms, stock and CM. I've tried switching recovery versions, including stock, and I've tried a few middle files. The current problems are:

I can't boot to recovery, it gives the Huawei logo and lights up the keys after a few seconds, but no matter how long I wait, that's as far as it goes. (Keys don't light up now)

Normal boot stops on the Huawei logo.

Any forced update (both volume keys) shows just the progress bar on the screen, and it fills to between one third and half way with pink, with no obvious pattern.

Holding the down volume key stops at the Huawei logo and lets me flash recoveries etc. but it still doesn't make a difference when I try to boot the phone again.

I've got a feeling that I've messed up the filesystem somewhere along the line, and think it's the /system folder. I took a backup through CWM before starting, but the /system section under advanced restore won't restore. (Can't get into CWM now)

I've got two logs from failed update attempts, but I can't make much sense out of them. I've copied sections of them below. The rest of the file is the same, so I won't clog up the thread.

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app
call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST
index 5 not same--old:00,new:40
index 8 not same--old:00,new:02
index 13 not same--old:00,new:08
index 14 not same--old:00,new:10

This continues until:

new partition same as old.

Then the following repeats for a while:

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.
OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2
call first dload_machine failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

Until this which, looking at the log, I think carries over to another attempt, but I'm not sure

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA
CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524
dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app
call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST
OEMSBL_VER fail.
call dload_machine data process failed,module = OEMSBL_VER
OEMSBL_VER fail.

With this at the end:

call dload_machine data process failed,module = OEMSBL_VER
CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe9000000, len_tmp=0x19
dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

If it helps, my wife has the same phone running stock and rooted, so if there's a way to copy files from her phone to mine, I've got a working source and programs that allow me to access the Linux filesystem on a working phone through the PC. Not currently working :(

Thanks for any help :)

I've got a full backup taken from the phone just before I tried downgrading, but with out recovery access, I can't restore it. I've got Fastboot access though, and the backup on the PC.

If anyone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful :)

Well, this is typical. Just after posting this I found a new ROM, V100R001C02B961, which seems to be a stock ROM. I've just rebooted the phone and it's launched as it should! :blink:

I'm going to try recovery now, just to confirm, but I think I've managed to get it sorted! :D