[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

Guest hippy dave

I had problems with a 32gb SanDisk class 10 in my g300, it would regularly dismount. Swapped it for a same spec Samsung and had no more problems. Several other people have reported problems with SanDisk cards, there's an old thread somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tippon

I'm 15 and i'm going through a lot of important stuff right now like work experience and worrying about my exams.

Is it ok to hate you just a little for being less than half my age and being intelligent enough to build ROMs while going through exams etc.? :P :P :P

I installed this ROM on my old G300 and gave it to my father this week, and it's fantastic. It's doing everything he needs a phone for, and is much faster than the stock ROM. Only problem I'm having is using widgets. Are they available? On every other ROM I've used, you find them by going into the app drawer and then going to widgets, but there's no sign of them here. Am I missing something?

Guest kyan31

Is it ok to hate you just a little for being less than half my age and being intelligent enough to build ROMs while going through exams etc.? :P :P :P

I installed this ROM on my old G300 and gave it to my father this week, and it's fantastic. It's doing everything he needs a phone for, and is much faster than the stock ROM. Only problem I'm having is using widgets. Are they available? On every other ROM I've used, you find them by going into the app drawer and then going to widgets, but there's no sign of them here. Am I missing something?

Glad the ROM is working well, anyway the stock launcher I included doesn't support widgets so you must download a 3rd party one. I'd really recommend Launcher Pro:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fede.launcher

I couldn't include Launcher Pro in the ROM from first boot so I settled for the standard AOSP GB launcher.

Guest TiMi79

Glad the ROM is working well, anyway the stock launcher I included doesn't support widgets so you must download a 3rd party one. I'd really recommend Launcher Pro:

I couldn't include Launcher Pro in the ROM from first boot so I settled for the standard AOSP GB launcher.

I have this rom nearly a one month, and it's perfect! No slowdowns after a while, like in any other ics and above rom. I'm even installing apps in the internal sd, thanks for THIS tutorial, and i've bought holo launcher for him :)

Thanks Kyan again for this great rom!

Guest kyan31

I have this rom nearly a one month, and it's perfect! No slowdowns after a while, like in any other ics and above rom. I'm even installing apps in the internal sd, thanks for THIS tutorial, and i've bought holo launcher for him :)

Thanks Kyan again for this great rom!

No problem, glad you're enjoying my work :)

Guest Tippon

That's great thanks, I'll get it installed and keep my father happy :)

Guest kodiak194

HI guys,

My phone is stuck on bootloader and won't boot up.. I am affraid i bricked it... 

I don't have CWM but only Andriod system recovery 3e and i can't install anything with it..

is there any way to instal CWM 5 via bootloader or some installer from PC because i cant install anything?

I think my only chance to save the phone would be to install this exectly the same CWM by some other method and flash this gbxtreme rom afterwards.

If anybody can help me, please, this is my only chance

Baseband is 109808

Sorry for my bad english..

Edited by kodiak194

Guest kodiak194

You posted this twice.

I replied to your other one here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372846-need-help-i-may-have-bricked-it/

Thx, i put it here also because i would need the same CWM 5 as from here http://www.solidfiles.com/d/e208f49ff9/Downgrade-B895.zip so i can install it from bootloader if that's possible because my phone won't start.

Edited by kodiak194

Guest dalyer

Thx, i put it here also because i would need the same CWM 5 as from here http://www.solidfiles.com/d/e208f49ff9/Downgrade-B895.zip so i can install it from bootloader if that's possible because my phone won't start.

I don't see how that is the case at all.

I reckon that a first step is to try a force update of stock ICS B952.

That often unbricks devices.

Then you can redo the usual stuff if necessary (unlock bootloader - officially preferably, root, install recovery, install custom ROM etc.).

Guest kodiak194

I don't see how that is the case at all.

I reckon that a first step is to try a force update of stock ICS B952.

That often unbricks devices.

Then you can redo the usual stuff if necessary (unlock bootloader - officially preferably, root, install recovery, install custom ROM etc.).

It did not work. May be the case beacuse i am on baseband 109808. When i come to step where i have to hold down UP and DOWN VOLUME buttons,

nothing happens at all and i tried to do next middle step with that small UPDATE.app, but nothing, phone screen stays black.

Guest hippy dave

Trying this rom out as I got tired of lags, its working great so far, thanks! Let's see if I can stick it out with gingerbread this time... I'm happy to see that more xposed modules have been backported. There's just a few things I always really miss, like gmail subject lines in the notifications.

Guest dalyer

It did not work. May be the case beacuse i am on baseband 109808. When i come to step where i have to hold down UP and DOWN VOLUME buttons,

nothing happens at all and i tried to do next middle step with that small UPDATE.app, but nothing, phone screen stays black.

There's usually a way to get ICS B952 installed even if it takes a few attempts with different middle packages etc.

But unfortunately I can't offer you any more specific suggestions than that...

Guest kyan31

Trying this rom out as I got tired of lags, its working great so far, thanks! Let's see if I can stick it out with gingerbread this time... I'm happy to see that more xposed modules have been backported. There's just a few things I always really miss, like gmail subject lines in the notifications.

GB has its downsides, but it's a small sacrifice for a usable phone. I'm glad you're enjoying the ROM :)

Guest dalyer

How do I install are a beginner and do not know? I must have in 2030?

The thread title states that it's multi-baseband so will work on 19808 or 2030.

And the first post in the thread explains how to install it.

Guest dalyer

You probably didn't do a clean install with all relevant wipes and formats.

It obviously works fine for lots of other people.

I don't understand the bit about "I do not accept card".

Guest hippy dave

(Mod) Swipe to remove notifications.

I really can't live without this feature, so I found a great tutorial on xda and implemented it for GBXtreme. I've just thrown the flashable zip together right now and haven't tested it, so I hope it works but if it doesn't, just grab the .apk and .jar from inside and install however you like. The mod has been working fine on my phone all evening, but I can't say it's thoroughly tested. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP before you do anything, obviously.

Credit to the user who posted the tutorial and those whose work he built on, I just followed the instructions.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/c6e6c34b2f/gbxtreme_swipe_notifications.zip

(I wouldn't recommend using this mod on anything but GBXtreme B2)

Guest kyan31

(Mod) Swipe to remove notifications.

I really can't live without this feature, so I found a great tutorial on xda and implemented it for GBXtreme. I've just thrown the flashable zip together right now and haven't tested it, so I hope it works but if it doesn't, just grab the .apk and .jar from inside and install however you like. The mod has been working fine on my phone all evening, but I can't say it's thoroughly tested. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP before you do anything, obviously.

Credit to the user who posted the tutorial and those whose work he built on, I just followed the instructions.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/c6e6c34b2f/gbxtreme_swipe_notifications.zip

(I wouldn't recommend using this mod on anything but GBXtreme B2)

Wow awesome, you actually did it :D

I'm really thankful for this man, if your happy to let me add this to the opening post ill do it right away.