Moto G Dual Sim (Indian version) - Ques re Root

Guest probals

Guest probals

Hi everyone,

Nice to see a good community on Modaco for the G. After 3 years of great community support on the Blade forums, I hope to make new friends on the G forums as well.

Here in India, we are getting only the dual sim version. Most of the community support I can see here and on XDA seems to be for the single sim variants.

Questions - 

1. Will the root methods (1 & 2) work for the dual sim variants?
  2. Any hope for CM 11 and the other custom ROMs for dual sim version? I'm told the 2nd sim drivers are proprietary, hence custom ROMs maybe difficult. Is this true?

Look fwd to interacting with you all.

P

Guest wildestpixel

You're probably best to flash a custom recovery and just install supersu zip from there. Paul's guides were made before there was any custom recovery available. TWRP is a bit glitchy in terms of touch interface on moto g so you are best flashing CWM 6.0.4.6. REMEMBER TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER 1ST !!! CM11 is a no go on dual sim (I see that as a blessing for dual sim owners)

Edited by wildestpixel

Guest probals

You're probably best to flash a custom recovery and just install supersu zip from there. Paul's guides were made before there was any custom recovery available. TWRP is a bit glitchy in terms of touch interface on moto g so you are best flashing CWM 6.0.4.6. REMEMBER TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER 1ST !!! CM11 is a no go on dual sim (I see that as a blessing for dual sim owners)

Thanks Wildest. I'll try it next week. I'm traveling this week.

The Moto G was sold out in 15 mins once, and in 1 hour the second time here in India. Seeing its popularity, I'm sure dev work will be available.

Loving the G so far, even though I'm on 4.3 and not rooted.

Cheers!

P

Guest GaneshIyer

Hi everyone,

Nice to see a good community on Modaco for the G. After 3 years of great community support on the Blade forums, I hope to make new friends on the G forums as well.

Here in India, we are getting only the dual sim version. Most of the community support I can see here and on XDA seems to be for the single sim variants.

Questions - 

1. Will the root methods (1 & 2) work for the dual sim variants?
  2. Any hope for CM 11 and the other custom ROMs for dual sim version? I'm told the 2nd sim drivers are proprietary, hence custom ROMs maybe difficult. Is this true?

Look fwd to interacting with you all.

P

Were you able to unlock the Bootloader of Moto G indian edition.