Huawei G300 - Lockups and SD random card unmounts

Guest AlanF100

Guest AlanF100

Hi,

Please excuse my request for help for a problem which has possibly already been answered - but as I am not a phone tinkerer and I don’t understand many of the posts I read I can't find any answers

I have a Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 which was unlocked and upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 when I bought it last June 2013 from a UK phone reseller.

Since I got it I have had two occasions when the phone has locked up and only recovered after a full reset to factory state. I have also had three occasions when the SD card has been rendered corrupt, even when attempting to read by a PC

Just lately I have been getting regular messages saying SD card unexpectedly removed, SD card corrupt, can’t mount SD card, etc.,  but they have always cleared after a restart.  I leave the phone on standby over night and in the morning often get the SD removed message.  Over the last week or so when I attempt a restart the phone sometimes goes into a CWM diagnostic state and even a reboot won’t recover it.  If I remove the battery and then power on it all then recovers OK. 

I have also noticed that random App Icons on home screens have turned to “a little green man” but they still work.  I am also getting a constant build up of files in the LOST DIR folder.  I have tried two different SD cards but that has not made any difference.

The SD card removed message and the unable to recover / restart problem seems to be worst after I have charged the phone. 

I don’t know how to check for "Hynix Problem" or even if it is related my phone problems. I am at a loss to know what to do with this phone as it is getting more unreliable by the day.

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Does it make any difference if you format the sdcard in the phone (via CWM/TWRP?) rather than elsewhere?

You might just be unlucky with sdcards and need to try another one.

On the other hand there's a possibility of a hardware problem here too I guess.

The Hynix issue is covered here although I don't think it's relevant to your issues - and I'm surprised that you were aware of the "hynix problem" but could not find this clearly named thread...!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/

Hope this helps.