Recovering internal memory on SGS2 (CWM, not root, boot to recovery only)

Guest Bjohas

Guest Bjohas

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100), which stopped booting into the normal OS. I have no idea why - one morning it turned itself off, and when I started it, it went as far as the "Samsung" screen, and just hangs.

I have pictures on the "internal" SD card (flash memory), which I would like to recover.

I can boot into recovery, and have installed the latest version of CWM touch, which allows me to mount both the internal and external sdcard. I can do a "browse for update" on both internal and external sdcard, and all the files I want are there. However, even when internal sdcard is mounted, I cannot access it with adb, presumably because I don't have root.

Just to see what I can do without root, I used CWM allowed me to backup the system, but because the backup is written to the internal card, I cannot check whether it's worked. However, it is taking about 1.5GB of space on the internal card, so I assume it must have backed up something.

Any ideas? Could I write a script that would copy the contents of the internal sd card to the external sd card, without root?

If I rooted the phone, would I loose the content on the internal sd card? (I have looked into rooting, but only with heimdall so far, and I could not get it to recognise the phone on linux or OS X.)

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Bjohas

• 1 year later...
Guest josshawk

Any lost android phone data is not overwritten can be recovered. When data lost ,you need not to add some data on computer . Otherwise, the missing data could not be restored. In the case, you need to use some data recovery software. Samsung Data Recovery software can help recover Samsung Galaxy S2 internal memory deleted data quickly and safely.

Edited by josshawk
improve thinking

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Using this reliable data recovery tool Samsung Recovery Software . Get back deleted Contacts, as well as text messages,photos, videos, music and other files easily. It supports recover data from all kinds of Android smartphones, including Samsung, HTC , LG , Sony ,Huawei etc.  Completely restore lost data on Samsung phone without any loss

Edited by Mobbay

• 9 months later...
Guest Kasml120
On 2016/10/28 at 3:14 PM, Mobbay said:

Using Samsung Recovery Software this reliable data recovery tool. Get back deleted Contacts, as well as text messages,photos, videos, music and other files easily. It supports recover data from all kinds of Android smartphones, including Samsung, HTC , LG , Sony ,Huawei etc. 

https://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/recover-data-from-android-internal-memory.html

Why i can not install it , and it unable to run on my Android phone , my Android version is 5.0 

Edited by Kasml120