[KK][ROM][PAC-ROM][4.4.2]PAC-MAN ROM KitKat Alpha-1[R3]

Guest mnupea

Guest Tentmaster

one question to install R2 its need do a clean install or i can install without wipes?!

I installed it without a wipe and everything worked out ok. It works just like an update.

Guest rikard0__

I installed it without a wipe and everything worked out ok. It works just like an update.

Ok thanks a lot for answer ;)

Guest laurisss

OK giving this ROM a try. First impressions are that is slower than CM11. I find the keyboard very laggy. Any suggestions to improve it in settings?

Keyboard 'very laggy'? You on drugs or something? and it's not slower than cm and you can improve the performance by : Settings>PAC Pellets>scroll down to init.d>open it and boom a bunch of tweaks and set Read ahead value to 3072. And the battery atleast for me is betther than cm 11.

One thing i don't like is the launcher, a bit laggy and not customizable, i think i will switch to nova launcher.

And the ota updating will not work? Tried it it didn't find anything on stable,unofficial and nightly.

Edited by laurisss

Guest laurisss

anyone with problems in camera?! i instal R2 version and now i cant open camera app!  

Still on R1, going to test that out shortly  ;)

Works

Edited by laurisss

Guest laurisss

how it's the battery life? general impresion?

Battery life (much) better than cm 11 for me. Impression? Very customizable and fast, the ram, well it's not too good but it doesn't bother, install fly on mod or something and it will be good.

But for me its definetely better than cm 11.

Guest laurisss

Is this rom compatible with ART runtime? When i switch to ART and i reboot, nothing, no app customization and still on dalvik.

Guest wards5150

Keyboard 'very laggy'? You on drugs or something? and it's not slower than cm and you can improve the performance by : Settings>PAC Pellets>scroll down to init.d>open it and boom a bunch of tweaks and set Read ahead value to 3072. And the battery atleast for me is betther than cm 11.

One thing i don't like is the launcher, a bit laggy and not customizable, i think i will switch to nova launcher.

And the ota updating will not work? Tried it it didn't find anything on stable,unofficial and nightly.

Easy tiger! Just giving my impressions. I'll try your suggestions and leave MY opinion. I like the customability of the ROM.

Guest laurisss

Easy tiger! Just giving my impressions. I'll try your suggestions and leave MY opinion. I like the customability of the ROM.

Sorry  :D  Just strange how it can behave different in the same device . Did you apply the tweaks i mentioned?

Edited by laurisss

Guest wards5150

Sorry :D Just strange how it can behave different in the same device . Did you apply the tweaks i mentioned?

Yes I have applied and it seems better. I still find that some apps are slow to I open and I am getting a lot of force closes. Opera browser is now a bind to use. Usually it is the best browser on most ROMs. Too many options to tweak now. Don't know where to start.

Guest mnupea

Is this rom compatible with ART runtime? When i switch to ART and i reboot, nothing, no app customization and still on dalvik.

For art is required special Gapps. Thatz why all kitkats don't work with ART

Guest laurisss

wards5150, on 04 Apr 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:

Yes I have applied and it seems better. I still find that some apps are slow to I open and I am getting a lot of force closes. Opera browser is now a bind to use. Usually it is the best browser on most ROMs. Too many options to tweak now. Don't know where to start.

Force Closes? umm strange, with what apps you get force closes? For me this rom is way better than cm 11, better battery, tweaaaaks - I DONT even NEEd xposed anymore! all the tweaks are there.

google Fly- on mod and install it, and performances x cm version - both threads are on xda and compatible with this rom and i got 3393 on antutu, would like to know the results of cm 11.

Edited by laurisss

Force Closes? umm strange, with what apps you get force closes? For me this rom is way better than cm 11, better battery, tweaaaaks - I DONT even NEEd xposed anymore! all the tweaks are there.

google Fly- on mod and install it, and performances x cm version - both threads are on xda and compatible with this rom and i got 3393 on antutu, would like to know the results of cm 11.

On CM11 I my average score is about 4100-4150. Storage I/O and 3D graphics seem vary a lot.

My record is 4294: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-57#entry2194604

I have rerun with the latest build and AnTuTu and got 4202 max score with an avarage ~4060.

Still the Storage I/O and 3D graphics altering the most.

post-701929-0-81166000-1396625846_thumb.

For art is required special Gapps. Thatz why all kitkats don't work with ART

What special gapps?

A haven't heard about that, but please edit the gapps link in your first post.

It is direct to an old version of my gapps package.

Please link the latest one, or my thread for gapps.

Thanks.

Edited by rhen

Guest laurisss

On CM11 I my average score is about 4100-4150. Storage I/O and 3D graphics seem vary a lot.

My record is 4294: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-57#entry2194604

I have rerun with the latest build and AnTuTu and got 4202 max score with an avarage ~4060.

Still the Storage I/O and 3D graphics altering the most.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-04-04-17-29-21_small.png

What special gapps?

A haven't heard about that, but please edit the gapps link in your first post.

It is direct to an old version of my gapps package.

Please link the latest one, or my thread for gapps.

Thanks.

Strange, i can't even run the 3D test it crashes, and the ram is not very good. Did you install a fresh install or did you add/tweak something?

Slimkat would be perfect for G300.

Strange, i can't even run the 3D test it crashes, and the ram is not very good. Did you install a fresh install or did you add/tweak something?

Slimkat would be perfect for G300.

I haven't tweaked anything.

This is the score I get on a normal state.

All my apps installed, I use the phone the state as I run the benchmark.

This is what you get when install CM11 install gapps setting up everything and install your apps. (I don't have Facebook installed and Facebook messenger is the only IM app I use. No Skype, Viber etc installed)

Can you post the details of your score? If your score is with 3D score 0, that is fine.

Edited by rhen

Guest mnupea

I know that PAC is not the best on performance but, be honest. This is a very featured rom on a 1GHz phone with 512mb of RAM and a shitty GPU. Don't expect that much. I can do roms, not miracles

Edited by mnupea

Guest laurisss

I know that PAC is not the best on performance but, be honest. This is a very featured rom on a 1GHz phone with 512mb of RAM and a shitty GPU. Don't expect that much. I can do roms, not miracles

Yeah it's great , i love the customization, but would like to try slimkat too, maybe i could start to learn and port roms to g300 or sth.

There's a slimkat rom for g330 but its dual core so a big difference.

Edited by laurisss

Guest PlotTweets

This is what you get when install CM11 install gapps setting up everything and install your apps. (I don't have Facebook installed and Facebook messenger is the only IM app I use. No Skype, Viber etc installed)

What is your experience between the regular Facebook app and Facebook Messenger? If Messenger works better on the G300 I'll switch to that

Guest laurisss

I haven't tweaked anything.

This is the score I get on a normal state.

All my apps installed, I use the phone the state as I run the benchmark.

Can you post the details of your score? If your score is with 3D score 0, that is fine.

I get 3393 but the 3D test crashes and i get 0 score for that. The ram is not very good on PAC.

Is galaxy s ( The first one) similar to g300? FOund a tut how to port roms, but i need a device that it has hardware like g300. I hope this works :0

Guest mnupea

I get 3393 but the 3D test crashes and i get 0 score for that. The ram is not very good on PAC.

Is galaxy s ( The first one) similar to g300? FOund a tut how to port roms, but i need a device that it has hardware like g300. I hope this works :0

Get the y300/g510. Galaxy S is quite different, although i dont recomend this sort of ports

Guest wards5150

I have had force closes on opera classic browser, messaging(very slow to open), Google keyboard & ebay, they are the apps I use the most so it might happen others I haven't used yet. Not had a signal loss on this ROM yet unlike cm11 which happens daily.

Edited by wards5150

Guest laurisss

Get the y300/g510. Galaxy S is quite different, although i dont recomend this sort of ports

YOu don't recommend the ports when you replace system files like framework? Well it cant mess up my recovery can it?

Nope, when trying to install the zip its says its says its bad, base was cm 11.

Edited by laurisss