Hudl 1.3.1 Update

Guest menace1944

Guest menace1944

Hudl Update installed with no problem and did not affect rooting.  Only change that is obvious is 'Reset Touch Screen' option under 'Settings - Display'.

Cannot tell if it has cured the non-responsive screen problem as I never had this. However, the touch screen is much more sensitive to the slightest touch and I have had a number of unintended operations occurring.  I am used to making a firm contact but now any fleeting touch registers to the extent that it may be too sensitive.

Still Android 4.2.2 but kernel 3.0.36+ dated 24 Apr 2014, build JDQ39.20140424.153851.

The update may not show if your hudl's configuration / build / versions etc are not what's expected or Tesco are performing a scheduled rollout strategy- just a guess as my unit says "Your hudl is up to date", my unit is running a custom ROM and my wife's hudl also says the same, but hers is only rooted on the last update.

Guest everett_psycho

Just curious, but does anyone else's hudl always say last checked on January 1st 2014? It I check it changes to the time but leaving and going back in to check again it always reverts to January 1st

Guest Justice™

Guessing its a staggered rollout/soak test, as I've yet to receive it. I am rooted however so that could have an impact.

Does anyone know if the kernel sources provided by Tesco have been updated to reflect the changes that are in this update.

Its a shame we have yet to receive KitKat, however that could be next.

Guest flurry

if you check for updates through the settings > about tablet > system update then my tablet's date always stays the same once you exit the update screen. However, if you create a launcher activity shortcut (I'm not sure this can be done on the stock launcher - I use Apex) to the google services framework > system updates then tap the shortcut to open it it brings up a similar update screen upon which the date does change. The usual settings route launches the hudl updater app rather than stock. No idea if this information is of any use!

My hudl is rooted and running my custom SystemUI.apk - neither of the above update methods show anything other than up to date (yet...)

Guest sirius-c

if you check for updates through the settings > about tablet > system update then my tablet's date always stays the same once you exit the update screen. However, if you create a launcher activity shortcut (I'm not sure this can be done on the stock launcher - I use Apex) to the google services framework > system updates then tap the shortcut to open it it brings up a similar update screen upon which the date does change. The usual settings route launches the hudl updater app rather than stock. No idea if this information is of any use!

My hudl is rooted and running my custom SystemUI.apk - neither of the above update methods show anything other than up to date (yet...)

Nice little tip, thank you :)

Still no update though :(

Guest PaulOBrien

Hudl Update installed with no problem and did not affect rooting.  Only change that is obvious is 'Reset Touch Screen' option under 'Settings - Display'.

Cannot tell if it has cured the non-responsive screen problem as I never had this. However, the touch screen is much more sensitive to the slightest touch and I have had a number of unintended operations occurring.  I am used to making a firm contact but now any fleeting touch registers to the extent that it may be too sensitive.

Still Android 4.2.2 but kernel 3.0.36+ dated 24 Apr 2014, build JDQ39.20140424.153851.

Fancy dumping your ROM for us? :)

P

Guest Stooby

I'm getting told that the update is available, but when I try, it won't update because I have CWM instead of the stock recovery :-(

Guest flurry

I've updated and have lost root. No big deal because the xposed framework mods have stayed the same.

I didn't think xposed would work without root?

Guest MTorskyj
I didn't think xposed would work without root?
It doesn't. Well... I mean the mods that I had already made before updating have stayed, for example status bar mods. But I'm unable to do anything else. Edited by MTorskyj

Guest flurry

It doesn't. Well... I mean the mods that I had already made before updating have stayed, for example status bar mods. But I'm unable to do anything else.

Thanks, just checking I hadn't misunderstood how closed works.

How did you originally root your hudl?

Guest MTorskyj

Thanks, just checking I hadn't misunderstood how closed works.

How did you originally root your hudl?

I used the kingoapp method. When I get time on Monday I'll check if kingoapp can root it again.