User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest tool_king

Mourta , take a look at apps please. Because a lot of apps getting crushed with your rom and new kernel. I think it is mostly rom's problems. I hope next rom wont have any buggs connected with glitches in play store or app crushing.

If you are not able to make a concrete and constructive bug report, better don't post anything.

Guest EnQeen

If you are not able to make a concrete and constructive bug report, better don't post anything.

Okay. Lets see poweramp is crushes every time , Phases(game) crushes also when it loads and gifs doesnt work in 9gag app. Is this constructive bug report or you need some logs for that ?

Guest tool_king

Okay. Lets see poweramp is crushes every time , Phases(game) crushes also when it loads and gifs doesnt work in 9gag app. Is this constructive bug report or you need some logs for that ?

It's at least some kind of constructive now. Thanks! But if you could fetch the dev some logs, it would be perfect of course.

Guest SuperLamic

It's at least some kind of constructive now. Thanks! But if you could fetch the dev some logs, it would be perfect of course.

I think this problem was discussed many times and mourta (if I remember right) said that it will be fixed in next release, unfortunately mourta releases his rom after looog time, so you have to wait.

For me worse problem is some general failures (when I wake the phone, whole UI is loading again), it often occurs when phone is on charger (and I'm sleeping) and then it doesn't wake me up :D I'm about to come to another rom because of that - I got late to school (today :( ) I'm still trying to build some rom with mourta's sources, but I wasn't able to sync kitkat liquid sources, so I'm trying to build lollipop, but I'm still getting some errors from audiowrappers (I upgraded device tree and vendor from p880-dev), but I have some feeling that I have forgotten something to upgrade, so I'll try it again now :D

sorry for no logcat, getting logcat was the last thing I wanted to do when it happend :D

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest Mourta

Thanks for the bug reports.

I'm about to send a new version to testing (lollipop), it will work with poweramp and it will work with MX Player as well as VLC.

We're at a stage where the ROM has caught up to the standards of the kernel.

Naturally, this means i'm going to push it until it breaks again. :D

Guest tool_king

Sounds pretty good to me. Might there be some lovely Swedish Easter egg in our nest this year? ;)

Guest SuperLamic

Thanks for the bug reports.

I'm about to send a new version to testing (lollipop), it will work with poweramp and it will work with MX Player as well as VLC.

Thanks, looks well.. (eager to see it :3 ) My build failed - I have successfully built the rom, but it doesn't pass the LG boot logo :(

I'll wait for your rom, it wasted so much time and still doesn't work.

Guest Mourta

Thanks, looks well.. (eager to see it :3 ) My build failed - I have successfully built the rom, but it doesn't pass the LG boot logo :(

I'll add the repos to my bitbucket along with a roomservice.xml in a few days, you'll have to wait for that to get a working compilation going.

It's still a bit of a patchwork to get it to build properly and then some more to get it to boot properly. ;)

Guest tool_king

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett ;)

Guest Mourta

Sounds pretty good to me. Might there be some lovely Swedish Easter egg in our nest this year? ;)

It's one app that i forgot to patch when i compiled it, other than that it's rock stable and that should be too when it's compiled with the patch.

I'd say it's more stable than LS-KK at this point in time so i don't expect it to take vary long for the testers to run through it, give a bug report and if i decide that those bugs are insignificant enough i'll release it noting that they exist.

Guest SuperLamic

I'll add the repos to my bitbucket along with a roomservice.xml in a few days, you'll have to wait for that to get a working compilation going.

It's still a bit of a patchwork to get it to build properly and then some more to get it to boot properly. ;)

By the way how did you fix the GPS (and booting) ? I saw developers on xda disabled first call of native_set_agps_server, but I don't think that this is the best way - and you said that you have booting lollipop before xda devs. Is there any better way?

Guest Mourta

By the way how did you fix the GPS (and booting) ? I saw developers on xda disabled first call of native_set_agps_server, but I don't think that this is the best way - and you said that you have booting lollipop before xda devs. Is there any better way?

I did the same thing basically but not as nice as it's been done since, i just added a switch and used that.

TBH java is not something i program unless i absolutely have to and thus, i am not very good at java programming. I'd prefer perl, c or c++ but whatchagonnado.

Guest Mourta

It's one app that i forgot to patch when i compiled it, other than that it's rock stable and that should be too when it's compiled with the patch.

I'd say it's more stable than LS-KK at this point in time so i don't expect it to take vary long for the testers to run through it, give a bug report and if i decide that those bugs are insignificant enough i'll release it noting that they exist.

It's sent to testing, from what i know, it's rock solid.

Guest phynix5800

Thanks Mourta! Your work is the reason I haven't sold my device months ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm barely using this phone as of now, but I noticed that the "fastboot charging animation" still isn't working with the latest kernel and ROM, although you said it was fixed.

I can't imagine doing anything wrong - I put the charger in while the device was shut down and it kept stuck at the LG logo. I tried 2 times after which I booted Android to charge the phone.

Would be awesome if you could look out for that on your next release as I'm really loving that animation

Guest Mourta

Thanks Mourta! Your work is the reason I haven't sold my device months ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm barely using this phone as of now, but I noticed that the "fastboot charging animation" still isn't working with the latest kernel and ROM, although you said it was fixed.

I can't imagine doing anything wrong - I put the charger in while the device was shut down and it kept stuck at the LG logo. I tried 2 times after which I booted Android to charge the phone.

Would be awesome if you could look out for that on your next release as I'm really loving that animation .

"fastboot charging animation" isn't a term i'm familiar with at all, if your phone is turned off and you attatch it to a power source it will bring up the battery charging icon just fine though, as long as you use my latest of both.

Doesn't actually work in liquid... yet... but you know, it will when i get a hold of the rat bastard who did that animation and force him to do a proper one.

But yeah, it works with the lastest 3.4 and the latest liquid built on 3.4.

I can't help you here, it works for everyone but you so far, are you sure you're not very drunk and are trying to charge your hat? ;)

I hope you take that as it was meant. ;)

Guest phynix5800

Lol nope mate, my hat is solar powered so it doesn't need a charger. Well, this is quite strange, reminds me of the issue I used to have with the "booting into black screen" that you couldn't reproduce either. I'm using a replacement battery that may be a fake LG battery - maybe that is making these issues? I can only charge it to 93% as well, after that it will just not go higher in capacity.

Guest Mourta

Lol nope mate, my hat is solar powered so it doesn't need a charger. Well, this is quite strange, reminds me of the issue I used to have with the "booting into black screen" that you couldn't reproduce either. I'm using a replacement battery that may be a fake LG battery - maybe that is making these issues? I can only charge it to 93% as well, after that it will just not go higher in capacity.

Ah, but all of those issues for unsupported chargers and batteries were fixed in the lat version.

It actually works for everyone who has tried it but you, are you absolutely sure that you are using my latest version of the kernel, just to be sure, download it no matter if you have one with the same filename, install it and test it again in my latest KK.

It bloody well HAS to work, it works for every OEM charger and battery tried yet and all in all there are several dozens of combos where it has worked.

I may bid you on your hat, i've always wanted a hat with solar panels and no wires.

People would ask me "why do you have solar panels on your hat without any wires to lead any electricity"

I would answer: "yeah, so what, my cat has fur"

That would confuse people, i think.

Guest phynix5800

I'm absolutely sure I got the latest version of both LS and kernel and I re-downloaded the kernel and compared the MD5 with the previous download - they were the same, so there was no need to flash the kernel again.

I now tried with a different charger and a different battery (an extended one from Onite) and the results are as follows:

1 time stuck at LG logo, 3 times "boot into black screen" (yeah, again

Guest derders

for the booting problem

which recovery do you use TWRP - TWRP Multirom - CWM ?

older 3.4 are working ?

tried another kernel? like Mourta 3.1 ?

Guest phynix5800

I'm using latest official version of TWRP (I believe 2.8.5.0 maybe?).

I believe I tried all of Mourtas kernels and the issue with the charging animation not working was present with the last kernel as well, but Mourta confirmed that he simply forgot to include the animation.

The problem that I can charge the battery only to 93% was also present at least in the kernel before the latest one.

Guest tool_king

I'm using latest official version of TWRP (I believe 2.8.5.0 maybe?).

I believe I tried all of Mourtas kernels and the issue with the charging animation not working was present with the last kernel as well, but Mourta confirmed that he simply forgot to include the animation.

The problem that I can charge the battery only to 93% was also present at least in the kernel before the latest one.

You did a clean install and wiped system, cache, dalvik AND data before flashing, right?

And did you restore your data in any way? If yes, how?

Guest phynix5800

Yup, I wiped data cache and dalvik when I did the LS install - I don't think wiping system is necessary.

I restored app and system data with Titanium Backup the way I usually do :). I never once had a problem with my methode.

Guest tool_king

Yup, I wiped data cache and dalvik when I did the LS install - I don't think wiping system is necessary.

I restored app and system data with Titanium Backup the way I usually do :). I never once had a problem with my methode.

You could try to format your system partition. Maybe it is broken.

Concerning restoring data using Titanium, Mourta already stated his opinion quite often in the past. As you might know, he is not a big fan of this procedure. ;)

Guest phynix5800

Yes, I'm aware of his point of view on restoring app data, but I strongly believe that this problems can't be related in any way - the strange boot behavior happens before Android even booted.

Guest SuperLamic

I did the same thing basically but not as nice as it's been done since, i just added a switch and used that.

TBH java is not something i program unless i absolutely have to and thus, i am not very good at java programming. I'd prefer perl, c or c++ but whatchagonnado.

OK, please can you tell me which patches have you used? I use only the GPS one, are there any other needed (especially for booting)?

I know that a lot of patches is needed for old blob support, but on Adam77Root's device tree are useless, right? (audiowrappers, camerawrappers and nexus tegra blobs)