sd card location

Guest Thomas J Marshall

Guest Thomas J Marshall

I was moving some files on my phone using myphonexplorer and noticed it reports 2 storage locations, external storage and memory card.  Folders appear to be duplicates except for contents of some, e.g. camera.  I haven't been able to get a W8 driver (It's a Chinese phone, Doogee DG2014) so can't check it in explorer.  Are there 2 separate locations?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peter Carlos

I was moving some files on my phone using myphonexplorer and noticed it reports 2 storage locations, external storage and memory card.  Folders appear to be duplicates except for contents of some, e.g. camera.  I haven't been able to get a W8 driver (It's a Chinese phone, Doogee DG2014) so can't check it in explorer.  Are there 2 separate locations?

Well, I am getting a feel that those two storage might be the internal storage and another one is external storage which is SD card, I guess because it's a Chinese version of the device which may be the reason why the names are not ...... 

Guest maniac_mouse

Peter is right, external storage is the removable sd card and memory card is the internal emulated memory card. So yes, there are 2 storage locations you can use.  My galaxy note 2 has the same configuration.

Edited by maniac_mouse