LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Just curious how is testing going there has been told around new year we could see probbably some thing new, until now it remain silent testing still in progress?

Well, we've experienced some bugs with latest kernel's pre-release (nothing serious, just some freezes and auto-reboots problems), so we're waiting for Mourta's new releases, it seems it will take a bit more time than how it was supposed to take..and about Lollipop, Mourta is fixing last things in P880's LiquidSmooth branch and waiting for some important code's lines to be adapted for LP ;)

Guest moneyvirus

To be honest im not in a rush to get lollipop, a good and decent build and updated kernel which is working with the liquidsmooth kitkat of mourta is great for me [emoji6] will patiently wait until we see the result thanks for the status update

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

To be honest im not in a rush to get lollipop, a good and decent build and updated kernel which is working with the liquidsmooth kitkat of mourta is great for me [emoji6] will patiently wait until we see the result thanks for the status update

Thank you for you patience and kindness :)

Guest juantech

Someone could explain me how use adams77root twmr or cwm for flash the kernel and the rom of mourta at the same time? And if i flash rom or kernel doing wipe i will lose all my photos, music and videos or only the apps and configuration?

Edited by juantech

Guest ottomanhero

Someone could explain me how use adams77root twmr or cwm for flash the kernel and the rom of mourta at the same time? And if i flash rom or kernel doing wipe i will lose all my photos, music and videos or only the apps and configuration?

this is very basic info you can obtain by reading but I'll explain anyway

you wipe data, system, cache and flash the ROM, after flash the kernel.You will lose your apps, configuration but your photos etc. will remain in sdcard0.

Guest juantech

this is very basic info you can obtain by reading but I'll explain anyway

you wipe data, system, cache and flash the ROM, after flash the kernel.You will lose your apps, configuration but your photos etc. will remain in sdcard0.

Thank you very much for the info, then can be what i will flash the last kernel of mourta released, if don t release the new before, i want test the potential of this kernel with his room.

Guest The Fugitive Mind

Hey again, I've just installed this ROM with 3.1 kernel (09-02).

Just one question, connecting to mobile data 3G takes 30-60 seconds while in 2G it just takes a second or two. Can anyone explain what's happening?

It's just hapening here in LS. AOSP/CM seem to connect to mobile data just fine and rather quick (both 3G and 2G).

Edited by The Fugitive Mind

• 3 weeks later...

Code: "Sarcasm mode off"

Anyway things are going better if developers unite their energies on improving the code to be long-time supported.

This is open source, it isn't going to happen. We have wildly different ideas about the most basic ideas, like clinging to other devs for new amazingly blazingly fast filesystems (that i objected to and was banned for objecting to and now they are whining that while i was right i wasn't right for the right reasons) or following other devs that develop for other devices and using code that is completely detrimental to our device (like tracking CAF code for a cpu we don't even have).

Now, i'm doing this my way, don't like it? Don't use my work.

I'm not doing this for ANY of you, i'm making what i want to use and sharing it with you and that is all this is.

Hey again, I've just installed this ROM with 3.1 kernel (09-02).

Just one question, connecting to mobile data 3G takes 30-60 seconds while in 2G it just takes a second or two. Can anyone explain what's happening?

It's just hapening here in LS. AOSP/CM seem to connect to mobile data just fine and rather quick (both 3G and 2G).

Latest LS is built with the headers for 3.4, it won't work properly with a 3.1 kernel.

Same reason why most ROM's won't work right with the 3.4 kernel either.

I intend to rework the entirety of the init files within the next week or so to fix the remaining problems and add a bit of my own code to LS as well as fixing a few cpufreq bugs in the kernel and introducing a new version of both the kernel and the ROM so...

It's just that i've been really busy doing other things for a while so i haven't been able to do any work on any of this...

As it is now, the kernel is updated to latest Tegra 3.4 with additions from 3.10 and upgraded to the latest Android 3.4 as well as the latest Linux version 3.4.105 but there are kinks in the code that need fixing, i am seriously considering scrapping tegra's hotplug and cpuquiet for a modified version of intelliplug. I might do two versions and let people decide for themselves but i predict that there will be a lot of questions on which version is the best if i do that.

If that happens i'll just revert to one version that i decide is the best for everyone.

I can't talk for Mayazcherquoi, but I happen to know the difference... And you are right, there is a huge difference... You may have to specify a new defconfig in the device's boardConfig... Oh wait, that's already it, maybe it wasn't that much of a difference after all.

Fact is, if the kernel is working the compilation process of a ROM doesn't care about the kernel at all. And if the kernel is broken, well, then you have to fix the kernel but even in that case the way you compile a ROM still doesn't change a bit. I'd suggest you to read up on how a ROM gets compiled before trying to fight with other people publicly, because otherwise it may just end up the other way around as you would have wanted it to turn out ;)

Furthermore, I would also suggest you to look into the kernel sources before making statements about it, because I do have a question: How come other kernels have the exact same code included, but committed way earlier than on this 3.4 kernel if Mourta wrote all the code by himself? Because frankly, I have no idea how that could be possible, but maybe you do?

This is massively incorrect, the header files from the compiled kernel are used in the compilation of several parts of the kernel interface for the ROM, this is why you have to add specific headers for some hardware if you are using an unsupported kernel to develop for a newer version of any ROM.

Second, the trick here isn't to write ALL code by yourself as you damn well know, it's rewriting interfaces to make it work with a new codebase.

If you could have done that you would have presented a 3.4 kernel but you didn't, if Demetris could have done that he would have, at least Adam77Root TRIED to do that.

I did that, i wrote a fully functioning 3.4 kernel that features tegra 4 functions that are actually supported by our device since i wrote the code to make that possible.

Of course there are kernels that use some of my things, there is no kernel that is comparable to my kernel though and if you look at your current kernel and alf's kernel you'll note that pretty much all of the code you added is code that could be construed as "taken from my kernel" if you want to play that game.

It's silly and it's stupid, this is open source and my code is open, if you have any comments you adress them to me, you don't whine incessently about it just because i proved you wrong on the filesystem choice and other bad choices.

Also, the 10k+ lines of code that i personally added under my name are mine, you won't find them anywhere before my addition (unless someone else had the same idea in some cases which isn't out of the question but i can guarantee you that none of them had anything to do with this phone or the development of any kernel for this phone or any other phone).

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

As it is now, the kernel is updated to latest Tegra 3.4 with additions from 3.10 and upgraded to the latest Android 3.4 as well as the latest Linux version 3.4.105 but there are kinks in the code that need fixing, i am seriously considering scrapping tegra's hotplug and cpuquiet for a modified version of intelliplug. I might do two versions and let people decide for themselves but i predict that there will be a lot of questions on which version is the best if i do that.

If that happens i'll just revert to one version that i decide is the best for everyone.

That definitely will happen, mate! I guess you should just decide yourself right from the beginning which version is the best choice, as you as the dev knows best anyway.

That definitely will happen, mate! I guess you should just decide yourself right from the beginning which version is the best choice, as you as the dev knows best anyway.

I'll probably do that.

Thanks for watching my back while i was away. ;)

Now we all achieved a goal: the wow effect (as someone was already known able to do it).

OK, to define all the Mourta code wrote "by himself" may be unexact. But we are not doing a literal matter.

Before to know how Mourta works i used to cherry-pick around and then tell "i did my kerneel" ! Literally i did nothing of mine.

We can clearly see that maybe mourta is taking in part some coded wrote by others too. Ok, it's true, but do we talked about "adapt" and hw drivers not updated? Well there is it too.

But wait, the average people populating xda can just tell "i tested and works flawlessly! Thanks dear dev you are great". Common users can't make by theirself any distinction of that if calls any people releasing (publishing) stuff in that forum "dev" just because lot of stuff is put in "original development" by "moderators" that in first person are not making this distinction manipulating the hopinion of people who can't judge by himself.

So mister @laufersteppenwolf comes here to feed a drama not to defend honestly his work but to defend how is manipulating people to make believe "all" the work published in original development of his forum is done originals devs while, the facts states there's one or at plus two real devs.

The mister went in the wrong place to achieve this goal. We are sufficiently informed by ourself to distinguish a crap from a crop. For this we follow development of mourta in a separate forum where things can be stated and clarified totally without risking the ban of someone who can't accept the pure and simple truth showing obsessions of omnipotence just because he is a MOD in a popular internet forum with millions of visits and has to defend "image interests" more than development interests.

Lot of people called devs in xda are kids who plays to little mad developer taking paternity of things they have not done. As one of them wrote "open source does not mean out of respect" but if who talk is the first who doesn't act like this i guess no one can trust this one.

But having a clean space out of "image and visit" interests (what i call to make it easy "wow effect") we can finally talk not about "how to moderate a forum policies" but about "real development" and maybe someone can really learn something.

Thank you for having my back.

And you are correct, i wasn't welcomed there because i didn't keep my mouth shut and go with the utter stupidity that was moving to a file system that from the get go tested worse in every instance that matters and because one dev didn't get that including code for other CPU's isn't going to help.

I originallly just intended to dev for myself to use what i would like to use but Giuseppe (who supported me while i got in the tiff with other devs in XDA) convinced me that sharing my open code would help others.

I've done my very best to explain what i have done too, which is why anyone who has followed my work can tell Demetris and laufer to go ... do things to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tiger81

Hi mourta. Where can I find the changelog of this rom? I want try your rom but I have a big problem : my power button is almost broken (it works 1 every 5 times I press it sigh), so now I had to use a rom cm-related that have these 2 functions: double tap (on notify bar) to sleep, and wake up phone with volume key. Has this rom got function that I wrote above?

Guest NothingSerious

Hi mourta. Where can I find the changelog of this rom? I want try your rom but I have a big problem : my power button is almost broken (it works 1 every 5 times I press it sigh), so now I had to use a rom cm-related that have these 2 functions: double tap (on notify bar) to sleep, and wake up phone with volume key. Has this rom got function that I wrote above?

I believe the power button problem only occurs for 1-2 minutes after booting.

Double tap will not be included because it prevents Deep Sleep.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest tiger81

I believe the power button problem only occurs for 1-2 minutes after booting.

Double tap will not be included because it prevents Deep Sleep.

NothingSerious I'm an hardware problem, I'm sure. And I know that double tap to wake prevents deep sleep, not double tap to sleep. I use this to close lightscreen and "volume - " to awake the phone. Whatever thanks for reply so quickly.

Guest NothingSerious

NothingSerious I'm an hardware problem, I'm sure. And I know that double tap to wake prevents deep sleep, not double tap to sleep. I use this to close lightscreen and "volume - " to awake the phone. Whatever thanks for reply so quickly.

Ah, I believe theres only an option to double tap the status bar for that.

Guest Mourta

As NothingSerious wrote there is an option to doubletap the status bar to turn off.

To turn on you can either use your method or use navigation/display/pocket mode always on, that way it will wake up when the light sensor is affected, like when you take it out of your pocket or when it has been face down on a surface for a few seconds and then picked up.

That will bring you to an unlock screen, it also produces that screen for notifications and you can set it to show notifications in a multitude of ways.

It's one of my favourite functions and the reason why i stick with Liquid even though development is not as up to speed as with other roms at times.

Guest tiger81

Ah thanks a lot Mourta. I thought that awake the phone using volume key is a feature available only in cm based rom (perhaps liquid is cm-based? I don't now). I'll try your rom asap.

Guest Mourta

Ah thanks a lot Mourta. I thought that awake the phone using volume key is a feature available only in cm based rom (perhaps liquid is cm-based? I don't now). I'll try your rom asap.

Yup, it's CM based.

You can assign hardware keys as you like and there are a LOT of options, for the option to have it wake up when you pull it out of your pocket or pick it up from a face down surface, go to settings - navigation - active display and enable it, choose pocket mode always enabled somewhere in there.

Don't enable heads up though, there is no reason to have two active notification handlers and they tend to get in the way of each other.

There is also a LOT of navigation stuff, an ad blocker, a full set of kernel tweaks and settings right in the performace option.

You can choose between ParanoidAndroid Style PIE or SLiM PIE and so on, there are so many options.

Guest tiger81

Ok I'm using it since 4 days. It's a great rom I like it. But I have some issues :

1)notify's sound doesn't quiet when I set quiet period (phone calls mute but notifies don't. Do you know any workaround?

2) when I reboot phone while it's on charge after reboot. Phone doesn't go in deep sleep I verified this using bbs.

Guest Mourta

Ok I'm using it since 4 days. It's a great rom I like it. But I have some issues :

1)notify's sound doesn't quiet when I set quiet period (phone calls mute but notifies don't. Do you know any workaround?

2) when I reboot phone while it's on charge after reboot. Phone doesn't go in deep sleep I verified this using bbs.

1. is fixed already and in testing.

2. it will never go into deep sleep when charging and there is a reason for that. The charging process is handled by several different files and actually all in all a LOT of different files since there are two options to every action on pretty much everything, if your charger is attached it will do things a bit different in a lot of cases but to concentrate on your problem and not explain every little intricate part of how the two modes differ, suffice to say that you need to have the actual charger file running in real time as well as the temperature sensor and the power regulator.

This prevents deep sleep and it's the same in every single kernel you'll ever try, if it wasn't, it either wouldn't charge as it entered deep sleep or wouldn't stop charging until your battery leaked.

These are files that we have to keep on the right side of wrong so ... we're not going to mess too much with them.

Guest tiger81

Thank's mourta. I didn't explain well 2nd issue: when phone is charging I know that it isn't in deep sleep. But when phone finished to charge and I take it out by wall-charger the phone remain always active, no deep sleep. This succed only if I reboot while phone is charging.

From yesterday I have many process stop to go random,As Google voice,allarms when I try to set it and other process O don't remember at now. If I reflash rom can I resolve? Thank's and sorry for these questions. This rom however is awesome,as your kernel too.

Guest Mourta

Thank's mourta. I didn't explain well 2nd issue: when phone is charging I know that it isn't in deep sleep. But when phone finished to charge and I take it out by wall-charger the phone remain always active, no deep sleep. This succed only if I reboot while phone is charging.

From yesterday I have many process stop to go random,As Google voice,allarms when I try to set it and other process O don't remember at now. If I reflash rom can I resolve? Thank's and sorry for these questions. This rom however is awesome,as your kernel too.

Oh yeah, i know, that is fixed too.

I just sent the question to the head of my testing team, there may be a new version in a matter of days so. ;)