Misreported time... and other things

Guest state-it

Guest Amanda G

Sick to death of my hudl losing time overnight by at least 2hours, making me oversleep when I rely on my alarms don't go off at the right time, I am constantly turning my hudl on and off again just to check it's the right time, I'm getting really sick off it!!!

Guest Captain Cookster

I have had this issue and after a factory reset (for other reasons) it has now settled down in glad to say

I don't understand why the Hudl cannot take the time from the an internal backup battery? I thought Computers were run by an internal clock? The fact that this only happens to my Hudl and never happened to any other piece of kit I own with a CPU is staggering.....I don't get it?

• 1 year later...
Guest schiffcb

I have had the HUDL2 clock going wrong for some time. Tried auto time-set by server, manual settings and letting battery switch off. Also restarted and cleared cache. Time still changing.

As original battery working time was getting less I decided to replace battery. The time keeping, so far, since new battery has been perfect!

Perhaps removing the battery and replacing after a few minutes has reset the system. (a fiddle to open HUDL2 but easy to disconnect- a few you tube sites to show how). 

May be worth the effort if time remains correct.