Dolby Equalizer removed in Hudl2 update?

Guest ampoliros

Guest r00tmydevices

I still only have the same 3 options under 'Sound' in the settings area, but when I go into Google Play Music or Spotify and then settings, you get an option to open the equaliser....which was the bit that disappeared for me.

Just went into Google Play Music for the first time, was about to post a n00b question asking how to get into settings but eventually found it. As you say, I now have the Dolby Equaliser settings. Just payed the demo. Got to say, pretty impressive sound for a small tablet.

Many thanks indeed.

Thanks for this, just installed it as was getting fed up listening to music with the limiter enabled which seems to happen every time you change anything under the normal sound options. I can now turn it off, yippy

After having a good play and listen with headphones, a heads up as to what the options in sound seem to actually do with the Dolby stuff. Setting it to default puts it in movie mode, music puts it in you guessed music mode and chat in chat mode. If you don't want to install the equaliser part and want to listen on headphones I recommend putting it in chat mode as this does very little to the audio signal, the leveller is turned off and so is the surround, no eq is set and the dialogue enhancer is the only thing turned, the effect of this is very subtle and with my August EP650s this seems to be the best setting for me. Movie and music mode both have the leveller turned on which is only really useful if you are using the internal speakers, certainly gives it more volume and presence.

Guest state-it

Since installing this my battery has Effed up again... (stuck at 43% all day despite being plugged in)

I've just unistalled the Dolby app, but can't remove the Dolby Services though - the one requiring all the permissions. I've Force Stopped that part.

Let's see if this thing charges properly again while switched on.

Edited by state-it

I installed this as well, charged a couple of times succefully, went to charge just now at 12% and after a few minutes it hadn't changed, so shut down to try and charge. I don't have a lot ony Hudl so may try a factory reset later today.

Guest Parababble

Has anyone noticed that some games like Monster Legends and several other Final Fantasy alike games, the music keeps fading for a few seconds every time you hear any SFX in the game and then comes back to normal again. This is pretty irritating and can't find a way to balance the sound properly. Is Xposed Framework with the equalizer plug in the only way to solve this problem?

Dolby sound has a volume leveller which is always enabled unless you use the chat sound profile, so when something loud like a sound FX in a game is triggered this triggers the volume leveller and it reduces the volume. If you don't have the Dolby Interface installed which gives you control over everything you can go to sound in settings and put it in chat mode, this mode disables the volume leveller.

The volume leveller is useful when trying to watch something with the tablets built in speakers as it levels everything out and does help to get the best out of the tiny internal speakers, but if you really want to listen to music on headphones it ruins it.

Guest Swan Age

Dolby sound has a volume leveller which is always enabled unless you use the chat sound profile, so when something loud like a sound FX in a game is triggered this triggers the volume leveller and it reduces the volume. If you don't have the Dolby Interface installed which gives you control over everything you can go to sound in settings and put it in chat mode, this mode disables the volume leveller.

The volume leveller is useful when trying to watch something with the tablets built in speakers as it levels everything out and does help to get the best out of the tiny internal speakers, but if you really want to listen to music on headphones it ruins it.

Using the equaliser control panel I select the Music profile and then switch off the volume leveller. That way I can enjoy Music as I like it.

Of course you can do the same with game option as well.

• 7 months later...