TalkTalk APN Settings

Guest nsmacd1

Guest nsmacd1

Hi,

Is anyone using TalkTalk, as I have issues trying to send MMS messages. (Internet etc are all fine)

I have tried all the settings from the website - http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/setting-internet-browsing-and-picture-messaging to no avail, and was wondering if anyone had got this working on the Coolpad F1, and if so, if they could please post their settings?

(I am using the AOSP Laek V4 ROM with the kernel downgrade if that helps?)

Thanks in advance!

(Screenshots of current set up attached)

post-988057-0-42242100-1423163685_thumb.

post-988057-0-86375900-1423163688_thumb.

post-988057-0-56843600-1423163692_thumb.

Google Play -> Offline SIM APN database

Select your network, select mms settings and copy items somewhere

Open new APN in phone network settings (try menu button there)

Write in copied items 

Save that (try menu button)

Guest nsmacd1

Took a bit of playing about, but got there in the end - I had to go Pro to get the settings to work, as copying/pasting did not work...

The only one that I could not set was 'APN Type', which was '*', as there was no option to set this manually.

Many thanks Dakok - I have tried a few of these apps (including Tweakker, which has worked fine before on other networks)  :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nsmacd1

Hiya!

Got the same issue now I have updated my ROM to the MicroMax A310 4.4.2, as the Offline SIM APN database is not allowed to direct-write APN settings.

As before, all are entered correctly and the only difference is that I do not have an 'APN Type' option to enter '*' in

Any ideas on how I can get round this?

Thanks again!

Edited by nsmacd1

My MicroMax A310 4.4.2 rom:

hiiMxFf.png

You don't have to write from Offline SIM APN database directly

You may write settings on paper and copy them to APN settings

For MMS - look at your network MMS settings in Offline SIM APN database and add new APN in network settings

Guest nsmacd1

I have tried that (numerous times!) by copying & pasting and entering the details manually to no avail - All settings are identical!

The only difference is that the APN Type in offline SIM says '*' which is not an option - I have tried leaving as default, setting as MMS and various other combinations.

Ah well, all else works fine except MM, so I will live without it & email instead!

Thanks again Dakok

Edited by nsmacd1