SD Card Compatibility List

Guest pudpoh

Thought I would get the ball rolling with this.

One thing to note is if you wish to use a card that is over 32gb in size you will need to format it in the device. The only other caveat, if you wish to move apps to the SD Card it will refuse to move them unless you have less than 32gb of space left on the card. I know this sounds crazy but it is a known android bug and not a fault with the Hudl, so fill the card up and then move your apps.

Samsung Class 10 SDXC 64gb - works with no issues.

Guest glossywhite

Thought I would get the ball rolling with this.

One thing to note is if you wish to use a card that is over 32gb in size you will need to format it in the device. The only other caveat, if you wish to move apps to the SD Card it will refuse to move them unless you have less than 32gb of space left on the card. I know this sounds crazy but it is a known android bug and not a fault with the Hudl, so fill the card up and then move your apps.

Samsung Class 10 SDXC 64gb - works with no issues.

You don't _have_ to format it inside the unit, you may format the card using 32KB block size, using "Rufus" on Windows. This is how my 64GB SanDisk was prepared for my Moto G 2nd gen, and nary a problem in 3+ months :)

Some people may not understand how to do that and will likely end up with it formatted as NTFS, hence my simple suggestion to let the device do it when it offers to format it for you.

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I'm pretty certain that there are numerous models of each size and class of microSD card from each manufacturer. I also have a 64 GB Class 10 from Samsung but specifically it's model number MB-MGCGBFFP, purchased on Amazon.

Guest state-it

I'm pretty certain that there are numerous models of each size and class of microSD card from each manufacturer. I also have a 64 GB Class 10 from Samsung but specifically it's model number MB-MGCGBFFP, purchased on Amazon.

Was that the one sent in a brown or white envelope ?  ;)

Edited by state-it