LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

So I've been having this issue where at any random moment while the phone's screen is off and I've left it for a while it freezes and when I pick it up it won't unlock or do anything and just gets hot until I soft reset it (is that the term for holding the power button? idk .-. ). Obviously I can't get any help with this issue unless I get a log but what I learned only now is that after reboot, the log gets overwritten and starts from when it boots up and all useful info from before the freeze is gone. So I downloaded catlog to record a continuous log to the sdcard. I'll leave it on for the next time this might happen and post it here. But if catlog is recording the log in the background and the phone freezes up and I reboot it, will the stuff that catlog was recording be saved? Or does the app only save the log when I explicitly go the app and hit "stop recording" and till then its just stored temporarily in some buffer? I have no idea about this.

I also thought about getting the last_kmsg log but after a reboot the last_kmsg file just vanished. Is that normal? Will you need the last_kmsg to help solve this problem or will the normal log be enough?

I just seem to be having a lot of trouble figuring out something as simple as getting logs for some reason. Could someone just give me a quick rundown on what to do to produce useful logs for my little predicament and if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

Also I've set it to abyssplug and balanced. No other settings touched.

When it is frozen, in that state, connect it to a computer and run and adb logcat > mylog.txt

A dmesg will help too, i think this is an issue that i have encountered previously.

Just to make sure here, you didn't install any scripts or change anything by an external app other than trickster because this sounds eerily familiar to a script setting that won't work with dynamic fsync.

This kernel has dynamic fsync, it has all settings correct and some of them hard coded into the kernel, changing a hard coded setting WILL inevitably result in a kernel panic.

I'm not saying you did and this isn't a critique of your usage of my work, it's more of a general warning.

You grab me anything and i'll look into it but be aware that i will hold a torch to your face if it turns out you wasted my time by using scripts or unsupported crap to break what i set to be stable.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

When it is frozen, in that state, connect it to a computer and run and adb logcat > mylog.txt

A dmesg will help too, i think this is an issue that i have encountered previously.

Just to make sure here, you didn't install any scripts or change anything by an external app other than trickster because this sounds eerily familiar to a script setting that won't work with dynamic fsync.

This kernel has dynamic fsync, it has all settings correct and some of them hard coded into the kernel, changing a hard coded setting WILL inevitably result in a kernel panic.

I'm not saying you did and this isn't a critique of your usage of my work, it's more of a general warning.

You grab me anything and i'll look into it but be aware that i will hold a torch to your face if it turns out you wasted my time by using scripts or unsupported crap to break what i set to be stable.

Forewarned is forearmed, am I wrong, chief? ;D

Guest Mayazcherquoi

I used to occasionally run into the same issue. I would grab a log, but for some reason out of the blue yesterday `com.google.process.gapps' repeatedly stopped working. After which I was unable to restart the phone (entered boot loop), and was unable to charge the phone (even whilst it was offline). I have since entered TWRP and reinstalled the ROM and it's back to normal.

Edited by Mayazcherquoi

Guest defy+android

Got the same issue like gganon: Phone freezes, and it's getting really hot!

That is costing me a lot of battery :/

I could take a logcat for you, but the problem is that I can't see my device listed in the device-manager (win7),

so I am also unable to use adb logcat.

Do I need a special driver for adb, or should I restart the phone and then take a log?

Greets

Guest NothingSerious

Got the same issue like gganon: Phone freezes, and it's getting really hot!

That is costing me a lot of battery :/

I could take a logcat for you, but the problem is that I can't see my device listed in the device-manager (win7),

so I am also unable to use adb logcat.

Do I need a special driver for adb, or should I restart the phone and then take a log?

Greets

LG USB driver (Direct download from LG site) and USB debugging on.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mourta

Thanks man, now logcat is working.

Waiting for the next freeze and I will post it.

Great and thank you NothingSerious for helping out with things i would know nothing of. (I don't deal with systems that are crap like Microsofts stolen NEXT code or Apples stolen BSD code).

Just learned that Nvidia is now suing EVERYONE for having a programmable GPU... Jesus christ, just when you thought people couldn't get more pathetic, they do their best to convince me that they can be given an opportunity.

No wonder they locked their CPU cores down with nvram code. ;)

Guest defy+android

Well today my phone was in "freeze state" and i connected it to my PC to run adb.

The first time i could take a logcat but unfortunalty the txt file was empty, I don't know why.

The second time I tried it I got this error:

C:\xd>adb devices
List of devices attached
015d3fbaa664260d        offline

C:\xd>adb logcat > mylog.txt
- waiting for device -

Maybe you can tell me why it is marked as offline? The mylog.txt file was empty again.

Guest NothingSerious

Well today my phone was in "freeze state" and i connected it to my PC to run adb.

The first time i could take a logcat but unfortunalty the txt file was empty, I don't know why.

The second time I tried it I got this error:

C:\xd>adb devices

List of devices attached

015d3fbaa664260d        offline

C:\xd>adb logcat > mylog.txt

- waiting for device -

Maybe you can tell me why it is marked as offline? The mylog.txt file was empty again.

Do you have USB debugging on? Also make sure your device is connected to a USB 2.0 port.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest defy+android

USB debugging was on.

Does it make a difference if i connect it to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?

I will try it next time when it freezes on a USB 2.0 port.

Guest NothingSerious

USB debugging was on.

Does it make a difference if i connect it to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?

I will try it next time when it freezes on a USB 2.0 port.

There is no support whatsoever for USB 3.0 Use 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Anything new on this Rom?

We're working on slimrom 5.1, so probably this LS version will be the last one (due to the CM partnership with Microsoft, Mourta decided to just use a code provided by devs who aren't involved at all with that, and slimteam's code is a good choice, according to us). We haven't a sure date for the new ROM's release (we're still in an alpha testing stage), but be sure about this: we are working for you :) Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest EnQeen

We're working on slimrom 5.1, so probably this LS version will be the last one (due to the CM partnership with Microsoft, Mourta decided to just use a code provided by devs who aren't involved at all with that, and slimteam's code is a good choice, according to us). We haven't a sure date for the new ROM's release (we're still in an alpha testing stage), but be sure about this: we are working for you :)

And what about kernel ?

Guest defy+android

We're working on slimrom 5.1, so probably this LS version will be the last one (due to the CM partnership with Microsoft, Mourta decided to just use a code provided by devs who aren't involved at all with that, and slimteam's code is a good choice, according to us). We haven't a sure date for the new ROM's release (we're still in an alpha testing stage), but be sure about this: we are working for you :)

Sounds great so far, even if i loved the LS Rom, but if u decide giving up the work, because of Microsoft it's ok :)

Guest juantech

And why not only solve the grafic problems what causes see sawtooth(border pixels) in the games and too in some video animations, the Mhl and Otg?

I say why i dont see more irreparable problems for the user than this, the others can be easily fixed with my guide, and with this solved this 5.0 rom would reach the perfection, hurts me what that master piece what was created since almost a year now when was so close of perfection suddenly the proyect end with only 1 or 2 irreparable problems what dont have the stock rom, and i say this why this with the guide its more stable than the LG Stock.

I m sure what the great team of mourta will release a great slimrom, but if could solve only the irreparable problems i think what would be the best path to letting the LiquidSmooth finished (and we using it allways happy) and then go to slimrom remembing what you created a rom completely best in all things than the stock rom.

Edited by juantech

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moneyvirus

Mourta, do you still working in some ROM?

Wow you didnt read any posts back or looked further than your nose, mourta is gone of some time, not sure if he comes back he gave everything to other developers. So the only thing we can do is wait....

Unfortanely it is really silent for 2 weeks

Guest NothingSerious

Wow you didnt read any posts back or looked further than your nose, mourta is gone of some time, not sure if he comes back he gave everything to other developers. So the only thing we can do is wait....

Unfortanely it is really silent for 2 weeks

Kernel development is on-going though. No ETA on a release though as we have to go through 1000 commits :/

Guest moneyvirus

Kernel development is on-going though. No ETA on a release though as we have to go through 1000 commits :/

Thanks for this replay its really nice just to hear something, I understand it is a hell of a job, and it takes a lot of time.

Take your time guys its needed I'm sure but please pop in once every two weeks to tell us its still going on or if you are completely stuck. Just to know something [emoji4]

Guest NothingSerious

Why? What type of commits? From Linux kernel developers?

A full upgrade to video 3.10 until support for Tegra 3 is removed (duh) which is basically 28 pages of commits.

Guest juantech

Thanks for giving us some info about your progresses NothingSerious  :)

And about the rom, continues the developement here too? will include MHL suport? 

Edited by juantech