LightInDark

Bootloader unlocking

12 minutes ago, dazmatic said:

Thanks so much for your helpful insight. I'm not having much luck reading off the flash chip with my FT2232 adapter. I've tested software in windows and ubuntu but the flash doesn't respond so I may have to get a programmer like yours, the CH341 and 1.8V adapter. At least then it's purpose built for doing this job!

All I want to do is to be able to unlock the bootloader and flash a fresh android image to the emmc 

Yes, I use the CH341s programmer with a 1.8V converter.
You can use UEFI from my first post, a clean android will run there without problems.
If you can get Windows 10 up and running, I'll be very grateful to you, without a display I don't know what's going on there.
I wish you good luck.

I've just ordered a CH341. Should be here in a few days. I don't have the 1.8V adapter but I've got a 1.8V power supply and logic converter. which appears to work fine so I'll know more when it arrives.7

Also ordered some 1.8V adapters, I run a business on ebay UK (user booskibits) and the 1.8V adapters are too expensive so I've bought small quantity (10) of adapters and sop8 sockets and also bought 10x spi flash chips as spares to test. I can't find wson flash but got sop8 which should fit on board the same.

Edited by dazmatic

On 4/15/2019 at 9:44 PM, Garsay said:

Yes, I use the CH341s programmer with a 1.8V converter.
You can use UEFI from my first post, a clean android will run there without problems.
If you can get Windows 10 up and running, I'll be very grateful to you, without a display I don't know what's going on there.
I wish you good luck.

My ch341 arrived and ive read the chip and saved the original. Dont seem to be able to write your .bin though though. Have erased but cant write?

1 hour ago, dazmatic said:

My ch341 arrived and ive read the chip and saved the original. Dont seem to be able to write your .bin though though. Have erased but cant write?

You need to delete the memory before writing. You must also have a 1.8V voltage converter. Without it, the memory can be read, but it may not be quite right, but writing can cause problems.
From my experience, after erasing the memory, it is necessary to wait a minute and then it is possible to write, I do not know if it is a blockage in CH341, but I did not immediately.

49 minutes ago, Garsay said:

You need to delete the memory before writing. You must also have a 1.8V voltage converter. Without it, the memory can be read, but it may not be quite right, but writing can cause problems.
From my experience, after erasing the memory, it is necessary to wait a minute and then it is possible to write, I do not know if it is a blockage in CH341, but I did not immediately.

So I've now got the modified flash on here. I'm in unknown territory now, how do I get into uefi?

1 minute ago, dazmatic said:

So I've now got the modified flash on here. I'm in unknown territory now, how do I get into uefi?

Unfortunately I couldn't get to UEFI, I don't know how and I don't have a display to see something, it doesn't work on HDMI, just after loading the drivers.
But booting from a USB device can be without problems even without access to UEFI, so at least it did.

3 minutes ago, Garsay said:

Unfortunately I couldn't get to UEFI, I don't know how and I don't have a display to see something, it doesn't work on HDMI, just after loading the drivers.
But booting from a USB device can be without problems even without access to UEFI, so at least it did.

Yeah no luck with uefi but ubuntu livecd on usb works fine. really want to get android image working but ubuntu or even windows would be great

• Like 1

So I can boot into ubuntu grub and try to boot windows loader from there using "chainloader (hd0,msdos1)/efi/boot/bootia32.efi" but it just comes up with an error message and then loads into the bootloader EFI menu so it looks like it can't detect the windows efi to boot from it but it can find the linux one fine?

Edited by dazmatic

1 hour ago, dazmatic said:

So I can boot into ubuntu grub and try to boot windows loader from there using "chainloader (hd0,msdos1)/efi/boot/bootia32.efi" but it just comes up with an error message and then loads into the bootloader EFI menu so it looks like it can't detect the windows efi to boot from it but it can find the linux one fine?

bootia32.efi is for a 32-bit system, but this UEFI only booted 64-bit systems if I'm not mistaken.
You need a 64-bit installation where bootx64.efi is located.
I'd like to know what it writes when booting x64 windows, as I would love to run them there, but as we wrote, without a display I just guess what's going on in the background, only Ubuntu ran smoothly, even installed in eMMC works for me.

6 minutes ago, Garsay said:

bootia32.efi is for a 32-bit system, but this UEFI only booted 64-bit systems if I'm not mistaken.
You need a 64-bit installation where bootx64.efi is located.
I'd like to know what it writes when booting x64 windows, as I would love to run them there, but as we wrote, without a display I just guess what's going on in the background, only Ubuntu ran smoothly, even installed in eMMC works for me.

Yeah, got windows 10 to boot as far as the 64/32 bit selection screen, selecting 64bit begins the driver loads but then fails to blue screen with something about acpi bios.

acpi bios error

Edited by dazmatic

Just now, dazmatic said:

Yeah, got windows 10 to boot as far as the 64/32 bit selection screen, selecting 64bit begins the driver loads but then fails to blue screen with something about acpi bios.

ACPI ... I expected that, but thank you, it's very good information for me.
Unfortunately, I probably can't do anything about it, I'd love to run windows 10 there.
I don't know how to try to break it up.
If I could look at UEFI Setup, but I don't know how.
By F2, F1, DEL, ESC, or a combination? Maybe it's just blocked, but when I look at the BIOS image, I don't see anything like that blocking it.