[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is my build of Dees-Troy's Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 3.0.2-0 for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

recovery-twrp3020-p839v55.img
http://konstakang.com/devices/vodafone_su6/TWRP
md5:3e66436321b08e4104657e3560961bcd

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-0-p839v55.zip (TWRP flashable)
md5:e49bed24c5087946d29fa7a05167aa3e

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for custom recovery or use the stock recovery to install.

How to install:
1. Root your Android (MobileGo Windows and KingRoot are reported to work)
2. Download TWRP recovery image, rename it to recovery.img and copy it to the root of your internal sdcard
3. Execute following two commands in 'adb shell'/Terminal Emulator (make sure not to typo!)

su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

4. Boot into TWRP recovery using volume up + power key combination or 'adb reboot recovery'

How to update:
If you already have TWRP installed, you can use a flashable zip to update it.
1. Download TWRP flashable zip and copy it to your sdcard
2. Install the zip in TWRP
3. Reboot recovery

How to restore stock recovery?
1. Download TWRP flashable zip that matches your stock firmware version from stock ROMs thread and copy it to your sdcard
2. Install the zip in TWRP
2. Reboot recovery

Sources:

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 1

Guest KonstaT

27.4. 2016 changelog:

• TWRP 3.0.2-0
  • prebuilt kernel/dt from VDF-995NB01-UK07b
  • fix USB mass storage on external sdcard

27.11. changelog

• use stock kernel from Turkish 5.1.1 update

6.8. changelog:

• better method to ignore accelerometer input events that caused issues with touchscreen
  • set CPU parameters and add performance profiles

5.8. changelog:

• initial release

Previous builds:

recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img (for devices that have updated to stock 5.1.1)
md5:80843ed969963207396ebcf39b5195b1

recovery-twrp-2.8.7.0-p839v55-5.1.1.zip (TWRP flashable - for devices that have updated to stock 5.1.1)
md5:96f56aedb9637f8143b97f1fe3e1894d

recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img (for devices running stock 5.0.2)
md5:b46926cfa0598ba29bae2aa43f45fdae

recovery-twrp-2.8.7.0-p839v55.zip (TWRP flashable - for devices running stock 5.0.2)
md5:9bc6e827ef5858659208c100cb10fc80

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Frankish

So happy worth all the testing to see you post this :D

Just saying i've confirmed a system, data and cache backup, wipe and restore. All ok.

MTP not tested release build but it worked in early test version so should be fine.

Just want to say a huge thanks to KonstaT he doesn't even HAVE this device yet has dedicated the time to providing us this recovery.

We have root, custom recovery and kernel source... Let the custom roms follow...

Edited by Frankish

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT I think we all owe you a drink! 

I'm guessing trying to flash an s6plus rom would fail would it?

I though this was a Blade S6 Lux rebrand. :P Hard to keep up with these branded ZTE devices, different names in different markets. Even flashing a Vodafone Smart ultra 6 stock firmware package would likely fail on device asserts (might be other problems too). I still prefer stock recovery to be used to flash stock things - custom recovery to flash custom things. Will eventually create a TWRP flashable zip that you can use to flash recovery images.

There used to be a lovely donate button in my signature but MoDaCo update ate it. ;)

Guest Frankish

Add a donate section to the main post it could be an incentive for you to keep us up to date ;)

Even if it's only a £1 or $1 whatever, every little bit helps surely. I'd be willing.

Guest NegativeOne

Keep getting no such file exists so I must be pointing it at the wrong folder.

Will try again tomorrow when I'm more awake! Will look forward to trying out SuperSU and xposed. Then the fun really begins!

Guest LiNe171

Keep getting no such file exists so I must be pointing it at the wrong folder.

Will try again tomorrow when I'm more awake! Will look forward to trying out SuperSU and xposed. Then the fun really begins!

Just put the file on sdcard, install the terminal emulator and write that thing on it, then click to send.

Guest NegativeOne

Terminal keeps crashing and showing a load of rubbish on the screen when I press return at the end of this line.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-v8.img 

Guest LiNe171

Terminal keeps crashing and showing a load of rubbish on the screen when I press return at the end of this line.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-v8.img 

su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-v8.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

Just copy this on your phone then paste it on Terminal Emulator, just like that. Don't change anything.

Guest KonstaT

Ok , did that and now its saying unknown username or uid. 

There's two separate commands.

su

This prompts SuperSU (or what ever root management software you're using). Grant permissions to Terminal Emulator.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-v8.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

This writes the image to recovery partition (translates to 'dumpdata inputfile=path/to/recovery.img outputfile=path/to/recoverypartition').

If you copied the file to the root of your external MicroSD card, that would be

dd if=/storage/sdcard1/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-v8.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

instead.

Guest KonstaT

Flashify from the Play Store might be another more straightforward option also? 

P

Possibly, someone would need to test that.

If we had access to the root exploit, could even write a simple one-click app that gets temporary root and flashes the recovery image. Could simply flash SuperSU package in TWRP after that to get permanent root.

Guest Wayne877

A lot of people like me who aren't comfortable with adb would prefer a "One click app" to gain root and add custom recovery. I remember I used something like that to root my HTC Desire

Guest Frankish

Flashify is free from the market and works an absolute treat. Really simple to use I've just confirmed. Download app. Open it. Accept disclaimer. Grant root access. Select flash recovery. Choose recovery from files. Select file manager from the menu that slides from the left. Choose the TWRP file you downloaded. Allow it to flash. Reboot. Done. Sorry its all a bit short I'm on my phone now. Additional note the free flashify has a 3 flash a day limit. Uninstalling and re installing doesn't reset it.

Guest LiNe171

Can't update my Ultra by OTA because when i download the update and i reboot the phone, it reboots to the recovery and phone doesn't update..

There's a way to "uninstall" recovery to update the phone by OTA?

Guest PaulOBrien

Can't update my Ultra by OTA because when i download the update and i reboot the phone, it reboots to the recovery and phone doesn't update..

There's a way to "uninstall" recovery to update the phone by OTA?

Use Flashify to install the attached recovery image.

P

recovery.repack.img

Guest LiNe171

Use Flashify to install the attached recovery image.

P

recovery.repack.img

I've already tried that..

Now it gives me this error after reboot to upgrade phone:

Finding Update Package...

Opening Update Package..

Verifying update package...

Installing Update...

Verifying current system..

"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contents.

E:Abnormal exit, path: /cache/fota/update.zip, status: 7

Installation Aborted.

What can i do to fix this? Never saw this :\

Guest KonstaT

"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contents.

E:Abnormal exit, path: /cache/fota/update.zip, status: 7

Installation Aborted.

What can i do to fix this? Never saw this :\

Most likely your root method has changed that file so the OTA patch doesn't match anymore (e.g. SuperSU uses that service/file to run su daemon). Don't know if there's an unroot option and does it restore this file back to the original so that you could flash the OTA successfully.

You could first install the full stock firmware package in stock recovery (this will wipe your data). Then install the stock OTA-package on unmodified system. If you also want to keep your data, you could start by making a full backup in TWRP. After installing both stock packages, root, flash TWRP again, and do an advanced restore to the /data partition only.