Convert Z1 from ZukUI to Cyanogen OS

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Here is how I converted my ZukUI Z1to CyanogenOS (note that this is currently a preview build with a watermark, a full build will follow soon).

• Download the modified recovery image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Download the stock (re-signed) Cyanogen OS system image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Ensure you have fastboot and adb on your machine
  • If you are using Windows, install the drivers from this topic
  • Enable the developer menu (tap ZUI version several times) and enable USB debugging in the developer menu
  • Type 'adb reboot bootloader' to put your device in bootloader mode
  • Type 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem device-info' and check your bootloader is unlocked - if it is not, use 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock'
  • Type 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot z1.recovery.testkeys.img' to boot the custom recovery image
  • Select the option to wipe the device (important!)
  • Select the install update / from USB option
  • Type 'adb sideload z1.cyanogen.convert.signed.zip'
  • Wait for this to complete then reboot
  • Use the System Update function on the phone after completing the initial setup to get the latest patch

Obviously this will wipe your device, so use with care!

P

Edited by PaulOBrien

Guest Gee8300

Here is how I converted my ZukUI Z1to CyanogenOS (note that this is currently a preview build with a watermark, a full build will follow soon).

• Download the modified recovery image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Download the stock (re-signed) Cyanogen OS system image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Ensure you have fastboot and adb on your machine
  • If you are using Windows, install the drivers from this topic
  • Enable the developer menu (tap ZUI version several times) and enable USB debugging in the developer menu
  • Type 'adb reboot bootloader' to put your device in bootloader mode
  • Type 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem get-device-info' and check your bootloader is unlocked - if it is not, use 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock'
  • Type 'fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot z1.recovery.testkeys.img' to boot the custom recovery image
  • Select the option to wipe the device (important!)
  • Select the install update / from USB option
  • Type 'adb sideload z1.cyanogen.convert.signed.zip'
  • Wait for this to complete then reboot
  • Use the System Update function on the phone after completing the initial setup to get the latest patch

Obviously this will wipe your device, so use with care!

P

Hi Paul, will you be doing a full review of the Z1? Also interested to hear about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, these are two 'good value (and hopefully quality) for money' handsets at the moment in my opinion.

Hi!

I got my ZUI Z1 today

activated USB Debugging and installed the driver (ShenQui Composite Adb Interface) and when I type in: adb devices, it dosn`t show any.
(also "error: device not found" shows, when typing "adb reboot-bootloader") and the dialog, if my computer should be authorised does not show up either.
(only that "USB debugging connected") 
( i tried this with 3 Different Computers and Windows10/Ubuntu/Vista, but all act the same)

Thanks!

Edit: Problem solved
worked after connecting a adb-automatic root app (that made the rsa authorisation).

Thank you for the Guide!
After a few updates it has now reached the final, full Version.

Edited by MirZUK

Guest tmxturuu

You dont need to use the modified recovery image to flash COS. you can extract the CM Recovery from their fastboot signed zips also. King Root for Windows was very helpful it did pop up the RSA.

Also i never used the adb method before. did the pushing process go to 100%. mine was going very slowly until 47% and then it stayed there for like 5 minutes and then it said it was finished. Double Tap To Wake stopped working today also couple of minor bugs but the rom is very usable. never going back to ZUI that for sure. 

Xposed can work in the preview build but can't work in the full build,will this be fixed?

Or, are there any method to remove the watermark from the preview one?

谢谢!

hi! typing adb device i found my zuk... :) when i type adb reboot bootloader, the device reboots and remain with a linux little penguin on the center of the screen... it's normal?

And after? Can you write me commando?emoji4.pngemoji29.png i'm scared to brick my Phone, with my old s4 i knew what to do...but not with this!

I   didn't use this method. If you can access this link, you can find some recovery. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3ETju9#path=%2FZUK%2FRecovery

And in the extract folder "ZUK Z1一键刷入触摸recovery",there is a .bat file which can be used to flash recovery easily.

Worked great on my grey zuk z1 ;) now I have notification light!! Boom! 

Thanks Paul. 

any chance you can upload the dedicated files to a better server? I got my white yesterday and its my 2nd day trying to just download the needed stuff! also how do i gain adb acces and support on my device?

Edited by j2dZ

OK , Paul many thanks for putting this guide together, i really like the device but still after trying pretty hard i couldn't get adb and fastboot to either get setup correctly on my pc, or my phone recognized.

I really could use anyone's help with getting the cyaonogenrom to work!

for gaining adb controll, i used that 15sec adb installer and tried to run the zuk z1 driver found on the baidu link, yet it didnt connect to it.

If there ia anyone able to describe the process in baby steps..please than help another ZUK brother in need!

thanks in advance guys..

always in adb it keeps telling me device not found, i recon once that communication is sorted, the process is easy, yet i need foolproof help to do this..

Edited by j2dZ

Guest tmxturuu

Does anybody else have the occasional issue with Double Tap To Wake the screen not working? also the low volume with screen turned off?These are the noticeable annoying bugs i noticed. im excluding the occasional slow screen turn on from standby, occasional fingerprint reader not registering those i cane live without for now. 

Guest tmxturuu

Does anybody else have the occasional issue with Double Tap To Wake the screen not working? also the low volume with screen turned off?These are the noticeable annoying bugs i noticed. im excluding the occasional slow screen turn on from standby, occasional fingerprint reader not registering those i cane live without for now. 

honestly i wish i was as far that i could help and reply to you, mine is still stuck on zui..

Guest tmxturuu

From the looks of it these are the fastboot commands

Does anybody know how to flash the persist.img file?

and also during the whole process do i need to reboot at some point perhaps after flashing modem?

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash dbi sdi.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash splash splash.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash system system.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash cache cache.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash userdata userdata_64G.img