Help Requested: Unable to get Upgrade Tool to see my phone

Guest jonathanm

Guest jonathanm

Hello,

I have a ZTE Open C which I acquired a few months ago and played around with KitKat, Lollipop and other builds found here.  Now I want to sell it and restore it to the "factory" image.  I was trying to use the 'Open C Recovery Tool" but it will not see my device.  When I look at the logs, it appears to be looking for and not finding the desired device...

10:50:53,702 ERROR DC     - failed to find port with port_type(3), vid_pid(VID_19D2), name(Diag).
10:50:53,706 ERROR DC     - failed to find port with port_type(3), vid_pid(VID_05C6), name(Diag).

My computer is seeing my phone as VID_19D2 & PID 1350.  Also when I enter recovery, at the top it reads

FFOS system recovery <3e>

cm_kiss3-userdebug 5.1 LMY47I e9f0eb39aa

I am not sure what I have done to get it in this state.  Have I flashed the wrong recovery or boot image?  I am still able to access recovery and bootloader, so there is still hope to sort this out.  I just need a little guidance.  I feel that once I get the recovery tool to see my phone, I should be OK.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, I think you need to restore stock ROM for the Windows flasher to recognize your device (now you have CM12.1 and stock FFOS recovery?). Use this recovery.img (it's what you'd normally have after installing EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip) to install EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip. Safest way to do that would be to have CWM/TWRP custom recovery installed on the recovery partition and use fastboot only to boot the stock recovery image ('fastboot boot recovery.img') just in case something goes wrong.

That will also restore the device to stock Firefox OS so using the Windows flasher is somewhat unnecessary after that. If you've used WIndows flasher to update to Android at some point, you also need to use one to switch back to Firefox OS because of the partition layout it also changes.

Edited by KonstaT