Jump to content
flibblesan

[ROMS] Honor 7 stock ROM images (Updated 1st April 2016) PLK-L01

Recommended Posts

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for the links to the ROMs. I've upgraded my UK Honor 7 to B140 and all is working fine. Is the B170 an official or beta release?

And.....I've read that the 'official' Android 6 release will be in Feb, are you able to confirm this?

Thanks.

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Simon O Plz help
My phones Updater shows "No updates" and its Current version is PLK-L01C185B120
what should I do to proceed with the Rooting? should I manually update via the 121, 130 and 140 updates?

Screenshot_2016-01-07-11-44-28.png

Edited by Alpha Bravo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proceed with caution-followed all the steps above as stated and ended up bricking my phone. Luckily I hadn't unlocked the bootloader so managed to return it for a replacement but that was only made possible because I had purchased the device directly from Huawei. If you have bought from China, I would recommend waiting for a proper  OTA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello as stated above i also followed this guide firstly with the B100 EMUI 3.1 update, i then proceeded with the local OTA updates however something happened during B140 - B170 update, my honor 7 is now showing this screen with PHONE Locked instead:

20141007_193639_Android-620x459.jpg

FASTBOOT & RESCUE MODE

This screen then tells me to proceed with connecting the phone to my laptop and opening HiSuite, the doesn't work for me probably because i didn't enable USB Debugging mode before this all happened? im not sure. Getting to this screen i used the combination Power / Vol - , I can also use another combination, holding Vol + / Vol - / Power button and it takes me to Huawei eRecovery similar to this image but instead with only the options Reboot, Download new version and recovery and shutdown:

huawei_p8_lite_hard_reset.jpg

Huawei eRecovery

This recovery mode doesnt really do anything for me when i proceed to recovery it connects to my wifi network trys to download package then fails. When it isnt in any of these modes my phone seems to be stuck in a bootloop showing the android logo and then restarting. I have looked at a number of different things however my knowledge on this kind of thing is limited so if anyone could please help me out i would love to try out anything to get my phone working again.

Thanks, Gaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gazzaa said:

Hello as stated above i also followed this guide firstly with the B100 EMUI 3.1 update, i then proceeded with the local OTA updates however something happened during B140 - B170 update, my honor 7 is now showing this screen with PHONE Locked instead:

20141007_193639_Android-620x459.jpg

FASTBOOT & RESCUE MODE

This screen then tells me to proceed with connecting the phone to my laptop and opening HiSuite, the doesn't work for me probably because i didn't enable USB Debugging mode before this all happened? im not sure. Getting to this screen i used the combination Power / Vol - , I can also use another combination, holding Vol + / Vol - / Power button and it takes me to Huawei eRecovery similar to this image but instead with only the options Reboot, Download new version and recovery and shutdown:

huawei_p8_lite_hard_reset.jpg

Huawei eRecovery

This recovery mode doesnt really do anything for me when i proceed to recovery it connects to my wifi network trys to download package then fails. When it isnt in any of these modes my phone seems to be stuck in a bootloop showing the android logo and then restarting. I have looked at a number of different things however my knowledge on this kind of thing is limited so if anyone could please help me out i would love to try out anything to get my phone working again.

Thanks, Gaz

Hi Gaz

This happened to me too-there is a fix for this on XDA which involves unlocking the bootloader but doing so will void your warranty-besides, its not a confirmed fix and you might end up making matters worse. If you bought directly from Huawei, you could use www.honorvipservice.co.uk to request a replacement but I'm afraid you're on your own if you got it from some third party seller in China-in which case the XDA fix may be the  only solution (will post it when I find the link..search for Honor 7 bootloop on XDA)

13 minutes ago, gazzaa said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just bought an Honor 7 in the most recent flash sale for my son's birthday. Out of the box it is on B121. Upon checking for updates I am informed that there are no updates available. I am in the process of downloading the OTA updates from this thread and will apply them all to the device, and I am sure that I will have no problems doing so. However, I am a little confused as to why, when these updates have obviously been out a while now, they aren't delivered to the device via the OTA option. Is this a sign of things to come? Will I have to apply future updates manually too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

I have just bought an Honor 7 in the most recent flash sale for my son's birthday. Out of the box it is on B121. Upon checking for updates I am informed that there are no updates available. I am in the process of downloading the OTA updates from this thread and will apply them all to the device, and I am sure that I will have no problems doing so. However, I am a little confused as to why, when these updates have obviously been out a while now, they aren't delivered to the device via the OTA option. Is this a sign of things to come? Will I have to apply future updates manually too?

Hi Silent Bob

Several people (including me) have had issues with these updates resulting in our phones being bricked.I read somewhere that Huawei had decided not to put these out on OTA due to bugs. You may not encounter any problems but equally there is the possibility that you might end up bricking the phone.There is a fix to the problem but it requires root so could potentially affect warranty etc. I would urge you to wait for the proper MM OTA update that should be out in a few weeks. The phone works flawlessly on the existing firmware so there is no burning need to update it with dubious 'OTA's..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fifthcolumn said:

Hi Silent Bob

Several people (including me) have had issues with these updates resulting in our phones being bricked.I read somewhere that Huawei had decided not to put these out on OTA due to bugs. You may not encounter any problems but equally there is the possibility that you might end up bricking the phone.There is a fix to the problem but it requires root so could potentially affect warranty etc. I would urge you to wait for the proper MM OTA update that should be out in a few weeks. The phone works flawlessly on the existing firmware so there is no burning need to update it with dubious 'OTA's..

Thanks for the reply fifthcolumn. Does this apply to all OTAs after B121? Or just the latest (B140 to B170)? I guess that'd certainly explain why no updates are automatically delivered via the on device update option. FYI, mine was not Chinese bought. It is an official EU model bought from VMall (Expansys).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Thanks for the reply fifthcolumn. Does this apply to all OTAs after B121? Or just the latest (B140 to B170)? I guess that'd certainly explain why no updates are automatically delivered via the on device update option. FYI, mine was not Chinese bought. It is an official EU model bought from VMall (Expansys).

Thankfully, I bought mine from VMall too so was able to obtain a replacement for my bricked phone. The first two 121-131-140 installed OK but the 140-170 put the device into a boot loop. This seems consistent with the experience of others as well. Having said that, many have installed it without issues so I wonder if  the file was corrupted in some way during download or its a problem that only affects certain devices. In any case, it's unclear how these updates improve user experience so I would wait for the official MM update if I were you..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fifthcolumn said:

Thankfully, I bought mine from VMall too so was able to obtain a replacement for my bricked phone. The first two 121-131-140 installed OK but the 140-170 put the device into a boot loop. This seems consistent with the experience of others as well. Having said that, many have installed it without issues so I wonder if  the file was corrupted in some way during download or its a problem that only affects certain devices. In any case, it's unclear how these updates improve user experience so I would wait for the official MM update if I were you..

Hmmm. Maybe it would be best to wait for OTA? It'd be good if there were some way to check the validity/completeness of the update files before applying, or if the first step of the update process was a check that would abort if the file were corrupt. Unless all OTA updates were recalled, it seems a bit strange that none are being delivered via the on phone check. Maybe it will just take a little while for them to come through that route? I just really wanted to get it as up to date as possible so that I could perform a post update full reset prior to setting it up for my son. I do not yet have a SIM in the phone, but with a WiFi connection that wouldn't prevent OTAs? Maybe I'll switch it back on and give it a bit of time before re-checking for updates on device. Thanks for your input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't be any issues with the OTA updates but please don't apply them to a device that has been rooted, unrooted or even had custom recovery installed. Revert to a pure stock ROM then update one after the other. 

 

Added MD5 checksums to the files. Check with an app like hashtab

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Shouldn't be any issues with the OTA updates but please don't apply them to a device that has been rooted, unrooted or even had custom recovery installed. Revert to a pure stock ROM then update one after the other. 

This a brand new, fresh from the box and untouched device.

Quote

Added MD5 checksums to the files. Check with an app like hashtab

Brilliant. Thank you. Considering the problems others have had, it gave great peace of mind. All updates have now been applied with no problems at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just bought a H7 from Cex in the UK, and am very happy with it.

When I got it, it was on B110 firmware. I tried to go straight to B320 Marshmallow but it failed at 2% and rebooted, so I actually bothered to read instructions (for once) and realised I needed to go to B121 first. So installed the full B121 (rather than anything incremental, but it didn't wipe anything), which then let me start to install the B320 UPDATE.APP by unpacking the firmware, putting the APP file in /dload and using the updater app.

However, once it rebooted it got to 60-odd percent (I wasn't watching it, but I remember seeing it at 56% and installing fine) and gave an error, with just the option of rebooting. I chose this option, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "Ah well, I can take it back to Cex and spin some story about how it never worked properly" and it came up with "Optimising" on the EMIUI screen, just like the update. That went to 43% and hung for ages, and then it just popped up to the home screen and I'm on Android 6.0, B320 firmware - eh?

Nothing has been wiped, it still has my apps and data. Is there any way of telling whether I need to do this update again? On one hand, I'm concerned that it failed - on the other, it appears to be working absolutely fine. No errors, no FCs, no crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/1/2016 at 8:15 PM, Simon O said:

Shouldn't be any issues with the OTA updates but please don't apply them to a device that has been rooted, unrooted or even had custom recovery installed. Revert to a pure stock ROM then update one after the other. 

 

Added MD5 checksums to the files. Check with an app like hashtab

Ok. Good night. I've a question. I'm in PLK-L01 b170, rooted with KingRoot 4.80. I can't uninstall it, because now is a system app and I can't mount system as RW. The way to go to stock ROM (i've the stock recovery but I can't unroot) is flashing a pure stock ROM in what way. I will apreciate some help? Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have updated my phone PLK-L01 ANDROID 6.0.1 lots of apps do not work it this down the the ROM not being complete yet or incompatible apps with android 6.0.1 three WiFi call sum other apps 

Edited by sambown117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2016 at 0:21 AM, sambown117 said:

I have updated my phone PLK-L01 ANDROID 6.0.1 lots of apps do not work it this down the the ROM not being complete yet or incompatible apps with android 6.0.1?..

Which apps?

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the B140 to B170 and then B170 to B180 - all good.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2016 at 7:44 PM, tsutton said:

Did the B140 to B170 and then B170 to B180 - all good.

Thanks!

Have you then been OTA'd to B330? B180 is still Lollipop.

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet, am seeing a few issue from H7 users out there, so waiting until this is ironed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tsutton said:

Not yet, am seeing a few issue from H7 users out there, so waiting until this is ironed out.

Like what? B330 is the best for me.

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Thanks for the uploads and collection! Can you upload B330 stock recovery.img file? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.