[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, ReinaldoU001 said:

Bro, I really apreciate the great job that you do, but there is any chance to correct the issue of using the SD Card as internal memory on android 6.0? Out of that detail the rom works great!

Regards from venezuela!

Did you try it with the latest build? Logcat from trying to format sdcard as 'internal storage'? It could be something broken on CM side or something wrong with encryption if it's only specific to this device. I don't have a spare sdcard to test with.

13 hours ago, Deraemon said:

Help me fixbug sim card CM13

???

No known issues with SIM card in CM13.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest metallist10

Logcat from trying to format sdcard as 'internal storage'? 

Hello! Here the error occurred when formatting the sdcard as "internal memory ".please fix the errors.

logcat.txt

Edited by metallist10

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, metallist10 said:

Logcat from trying to format sdcard as 'internal storage'? 

Hello! Here the error occurred when formatting the sdcard as "internal memory ".please fix the errors.

logcat.txt

This seems to be a known CyanogenMod issue so it's really not my problem. I'm sure it will be sorted eventually.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/118534-cant-format-sd-card-as-internal-storage-cm13/
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/118432-sd-card-as-internal-storage-not-working-cm13/
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/118709-unable-to-format-sd-card-as-internal-storage-bug-in-cm13/

I ordered a spare sdcard to test with but probably don't have time to look into this until sometime next year.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest metallist10

Konsta thank you very much for your work, it really is a cyanogenmod problem. We will wait for the solution of this error. Happy new year 2016! Thank you very much.

Dear KonstaT

I wear the costume rom cyanogenmod 12.1. but its my second sim card is not detected. I've moved from one sim to sim 2 or vice versa but could not succeed

Screenshot_19691231-193233.png

Guest KonstaT
On 12/26/2015 at 6:16 AM, Primmu said:

Dear KonstaT

I wear the costume rom cyanogenmod 12.1. but its my second sim card is not detected. I've moved from one sim to sim 2 or vice versa but could not succeed

Why are you posting on CM13 thread then? ;) Dual-SIM is not even supposed to work...
http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/374911-devrom1711-cyanogenmod-121-android-511-for-zte-open-c-kis-3/?do=findComment&comment=2270420

21 hours ago, metallist10 said:

Hello! 13 say that cyanogenmod has already done a full translation into Russian language? Can the new version change that? thank you

First batch of translations was merged couple of days ago. No idea how complete it is at this point.
https://crowdin.com/project/cyanogenmod

Hi KonstaT, maybe your next smartphone will be UMI eMax mini/TCL M3G? :) Hardware looks very good, Snadragon 615, FHD screen, Samsung camera, battery 3050 mAh. The price is low. But the support and the software is terrible.

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, GieKa said:

Hi KonstaT, maybe your next smartphone will be UMI eMax mini/TCL M3G? :) Hardware looks very good, Snadragon 615, FHD screen, Samsung camera, battery 3050 mAh. The price is low. But the support and the software is terrible.

Meh. I think I'm pretty well covered on smartphones for now.

Yeah, I heard rumors that TCL had bought UMI. They already sell their devices in Europe under Alcatel OneTouch brand. Specs are pretty decent on that device, but that isn't actually even that important for me what comes to dev toys. Kernel source code is not likely available for that device (and might never be) like for many other devices sold only in Chinese market. Also those capacitive buttons are just hideous (only back/menu buttons backlit and circle just drawn there). Complete failure as a design element, if you ask me. :P And it's not that cheap either (140$ + taxes as I'd have to import it myself). Qualcomm chipset is of course always on the plus side.

Something with Intel chipset could be interesting, too (after Nexus Player and Intel heavily subsidizing their mobile platforms). Unfortunately it looks like Windows 10 killed all the cheap Android tablets. I guess Intel is behind on their Android reference for Cherry Trail and all new China tablets come with Windows 10 only. They might get dual-boot functionality later but who knows (Chinese companies tend to just push out new products rather than update software on the old ones). Though the same issue with lack of kernel source is here, too. Or maybe some Qualcomm tablet (there's at least some msm8916 tabs available here)...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest metallist10

Hello! Cyanogenmod has already made a translation into Russian language cm13. And you can do it in the next version?

You Preferred:

Russian

approved: 100%

Thanks 

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, metallist10 said:

Hello! Cyanogenmod has already made a translation into Russian language cm13. And you can do it in the next version?

You Preferred:

Russian

approved: 100%

Thanks 

There's hasn't been any new translations merged since the last time you asked. If/when there's another build, it will include all changes/translations merged CM upstream at that time. There's won't be another build until january's security patches have been merged at least and I should look into enforcing SELinux at some point as well, but I just haven't had the time/interest...

• Guest pinned this topic
Guest dieftoad

Hi KonstaT,

I'm experiencing some hard reboot issues during calls on my ZTE Open C, around 50% of the time.

I'm currently using your last CM13 ROM. Any clues on where to start to look at ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Guest metallist10

Hello! Look phone Lenovo k3 note, very efficient and not expensive, MTK 6752 processor ,8 core , 1.7 GHz. Ram 2 gb, rom 16, LTE 4g. Do you think there is a sense /desire you to deal with this device? Thank you, waiting for an answer.

Guest KonstaT
15 hours ago, dieftoad said:

Hi KonstaT,

I'm experiencing some hard reboot issues during calls on my ZTE Open C, around 50% of the time.

I'm currently using your last CM13 ROM. Any clues on where to start to look at ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Logs (logcat, dmesg) are always a good place to start. Also make sure you have followed installed instructions on the third post.

3 hours ago, metallist10 said:

Hello! Look phone Lenovo k3 note, very efficient and not expensive, MTK 6752 processor ,8 core , 1.7 GHz. Ram 2 gb, rom 16, LTE 4g. Do you think there is a sense /desire you to deal with this device? Thank you, waiting for an answer.

Anything with MediaTek chipset is obviously out of the question.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, metallist10 said:

That Qualcomm snapdragon is better than MediaTek?

Of course, when it comes to open source development. Nexus devices have AOSP. Qualcomm devices have CAF. Everything else has pretty much nothing. Most Chinese manufacturers producing devices with MediaTek chipsets don't even bother releasing Linux kernel source even though they are legally obligated by GPLv2 to do so.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest battler

Installed per instructions, but have immediate crash upon opening Camera, Gallery, Music Player, Browser, File Manager

Other apps open OK: FM Radio plays, calculator calcs, calendar displays.

Attached logcat when opening Camera, Gallery, Music Player.

Thanks.

logcat crash.txt

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, battler said:

Installed per instructions, but have immediate crash upon opening Camera, Gallery, Music Player, Browser, File Manager

Other apps open OK: FM Radio plays, calculator calcs, calendar displays.

Attached logcat when opening Camera, Gallery, Music Player.

Thanks.

You need to have sdcard in your device.

Guest battler
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You need to have sdcard in your device.

Thanks. 

Do I choose "use as portable storage"  or "use as internal storage" 

Edit: portable fixes crash issues. Android now working well. 

Thanks

Edited by battler

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eth0wlan1

Hey, nice work, I'm using it for over a year now. :)
With CM13 the OGG opus-codec began to stop working (resulting in simply not playing and crashes, with the december version)

and now it has to also stopped working with the m4a/aac-codec (Build from 20160108).

Also the camera and whatsapp won't detect the mSDCard. (Yes both do have permission to read/write onto it. Is it a symlink I forgot?) reinserting the sdcard didn't do the trick either.

(Logcat comming soon)