[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest rafaelweed

I just wanna say THANK YOU. All the work you been having developing our cominity is very important, and all the time you spending on this roms/recoverys/root methods have been very important for me and probably for a lot of people on this comunity. So i just wanna say thank you for all the work you been doing without getting paid. PS: your last cm13 rom is fire for my ZTE Kis 3 🔥🔥🔥

Guest vellow
6 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Not likely to happen. We're currently using proprietary RIL blobs from OnePlus One which is not a dual-SIM device. Our KitKat blobs don't work with Marshmallow at all anymore. Native dual-SIM support was added to Android in Lollipop which is why dual-SIM wasn't working with our KitKat blobs in CM12/CM12.1. There might even more problems in store with device's modem firmware still being from KitKat and all. Maybe it's possible with binary blobs from the right device - might be even more likely to work on CM12.1 than CM13. I don't have a dual-SIM device to test with so it's really not worth the effort for me. This is up to someone else to fix.

KonstaT, thank you for replying.

For CM12, If i want to simply copy some binary  file from kitkat to CM12, is it possible ? ( if yes, i hope you dont mind guide me to there ).

My brother have ZTE Blade Q Lux, wihich is running dual sim Lollipop, is it possible using it blobs to use with our device ?

I really appreciate your work mate, you make an awesome job.

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, vellow said:

KonstaT, thank you for replying.

For CM12, If i want to simply copy some binary  file from kitkat to CM12, is it possible ? ( if yes, i hope you dont mind guide me to there ).

My brother have ZTE Blade Q Lux, wihich is running dual sim Lollipop, is it possible using it blobs to use with our device ?

I really appreciate your work mate, you make an awesome job.

No, ZTE Blade Q Lux has a MediaTek chipset so that won't do. You'd need a dual-SIM Qualcomm device (preferably B-family - msm8610/msm8226/msm8974), stock Lollipop (5.0 or 5.1), and a vendor that follows Qualcomm reference quite closely (meaning they haven't made any stupid modifications to modem/telephony stack on their own). I can't say straight away what that device might be.

You'd need to replace blobs for RIL and QMI framework and add whatever dependencies those libs have. You also need to add the system property to enable dual-SIM feature (see FAQ on CM11 thread).

37 minutes ago, rafaelweed said:

Which are the wake gesture supported devices ???

I've got a ZTE Kis 3 is it supported??

Devices that have a proximity sensor. Settings -> Gestures -> Proximity wake. Basically it's the same thing as ambient display's hand wave gesture - it just wakes the device instead of pulsing ambient display.

Guest .:Dante:.

Hi

After 8.3 update accelerometer sensor does not working correctly

After rebooting phone it works but after while its again doesn't responding

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, .:Dante:. said:

Hi

After 8.3 update accelerometer sensor does not working correctly

After rebooting phone it works but after while its again doesn't responding

Works fine for me (currently 30+ hours uptime on the release build). There hasn't been any device specific changes that would affect accelerometer.

Hardware failure or something else in your end? What build did you update from? Might be worth to revert back to previous build to see if the issue persists.

2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Works fine for me (currently 30+ hours uptime on the release build). There hasn't been any device specific changes that would affect accelerometer.

Hardware failure or something else in your end? What build did you update from? Might be worth to revert back to previous build to see if the issue persists.

Just testing on cm11 and have no problems with it

I don't have any clue what causing that

After rebooting it's work for 10 mins then it like turned off

After first time I'm thought its maybe flashed wrongly but nope same thing

Can gapps cause that problem?

Edited by .:Dante:.

Guest KonstaT
36 minutes ago, .:Dante:. said:

Just testing on cm11 and have no problems with it

I don't have any clue what causing that

After rebooting it's work for 10 mins then it like turned off

After first time I'm thought its maybe flashed wrongly but nope same thing

Can gapps cause that problem?

Highly doubt it's a gapps issue.

Was it working with the previous CM13 build? Logs (logcat, dmesg) from around the time it stops working?

Guest stadtmobi
On 8.3.2016 at 5:28 PM, KonstaT said:

No problem installing from sdcard as usual. Your file likely got corrupt at some point.

It's best to install Android SDK and update tools and platform-tools every once in a while. This way you'll always have the latest adb and fastboot.

I have checked the MD5 sum , no file corruption found.

Android SDK *.31 is the latest official build for Ubuntu LTS 14.04.

22 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Highly doubt it's a gapps issue.

Was it working with the previous CM13 build? Logs (logcat, dmesg) from around the time it stops working?

Previous build works fine and now for get sure I'm tested it on cm11 and works as it is

Guest vellow
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

No, ZTE Blade Q Lux has a MediaTek chipset so that won't do. You'd need a dual-SIM Qualcomm device (preferably B-family - msm8610/msm8226/msm8974), stock Lollipop (5.0 or 5.1), and a vendor that follows Qualcomm reference quite closely (meaning they haven't made any stupid modifications to modem/telephony stack on their own). I can't say straight away what that device might be.

You'd need to replace blobs for RIL and QMI framework and add whatever dependencies those libs have. You also need to add the system property to enable dual-SIM feature (see FAQ on CM11 thread).

Ok, I'll try to mix those file a couple of days later when I get sparetime, i will report the result here.

Thanks for the clear guidance.

Update : I cant wait any longer.. :)

I just mix those file, but still it doesnt work. I use CM12.1. I will move this discussion to CM12 thread for clean thread.

Edited by vellow

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, stadtmobi said:

I have checked the MD5 sum , no file corruption found.

Android SDK *.31 is the latest official build for Ubuntu LTS 14.04.

Yet you're the only having problem installing it from the sdcard. ;)

Android SDK has nothing to do with the Linux distro you're using. Download Android SDK from the Google site (already gave a link), use SDK manager to download platform-tools, and add SDK's platform-tools directory (containing adb and fastboot) to your $PATH.

15 hours ago, .:Dante:. said:

Previous build works fine and now for get sure I'm tested it on cm11 and works as it is

Try grabbing those logs then. All devices should have the same lis3dh accelerometer hardware. SELinux could have possibly caused issue like that but it was already set enforcing in the previous build. If this was a software issue, I'd expect more people to have this same problem.

10 hours ago, AsNazGul said:

When you enter the "basic settings" of the standard file manager closes with an error.
And if use C-Apps for CM13, an application "theme chooser" stop working. Although in version 7.02 all works fine.

Always post a logcat if something is force closing/crashing. I can't even find 'basic settings' (something lost in translation?) but nothing is crashing in file manager's settings for me, I went through all of them.

Who's told you to install c-apps and why would you anyway? That's not my problem in any way, report your issues to that XDA thread instead!

Edited by KonstaT

Guest stadtmobi

Hi again.

I had some more issues and now i've found the reason:

I've activated on CM12.1 the option "update cm recovery during update".

During my first update to CM13, the CWM recovery was replaced with the CM stock recovery.

Now after a wipe, a reinstall of your cwm i was able to install cm13 from sd card.

Edit: my OpenC runs now much faster than before. I think i've messed up the sd card handling somehow.

Edited by stadtmobi
new infos

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, stadtmobi said:

Hi again.

I had some more issues and now i've found the reason:

I've activated on CM12.1 the option "update cm recovery during update".

During my first update to CM13, the CWM recovery was replaced with the CM stock recovery.

Now after a wipe, a reinstall of your cwm i was able to install cm13 from sd card.

Yeah, don't. Simply rebooting your device after enabling that option will replace the recovery. CM recovery _should_ be working for but I'm not supporting it. It doesn't have much use as a 'custom' recovery as it doesn't support creating/restoring nandroid backups. You need to use either CWM or TWRP linked in the first post of this thread.

Guest vellow

CM13 dual sim working smoothly with latest KonstaT build ( my device is v811w ).

This patch is more stable than CM12.1 since its only config.

Installation :

1. Flash CM13 KonstaT rom

2. Flash this patch

3. Reboot and enjoy

4. Hope, in the next build, KonstaT will include this patch. :)

Screenshot_20160313-015507.png

Edited by vellow

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, vellow said:

CM13 dual sim working smoothly with latest KonstaT build ( my device is v811w ).

This patch is more stable than CM12.1 since its only config.

Installation :

1. Flash CM13 KonstaT rom

2. Flash this patch

3. Reboot and enjoy

4. Hope, in the next build, KonstaT will include this patch. :)

Hah, quite sure someone already tested this and said it wasn't working. I would have expected I'd need to define sim count for rild/libril at least but apparently not.

That patch does exactly the same thing as the one in CM11 thread's FAQ (added now to this thread, too). And no, I can't include it because it enables dual-SIM features for everyone breaking single-SIM devices.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, vellow said:

Well, for me it works like in stock rom. A few people already downloaded it too, but no one give comment, so i assume it does work.

I meant that someone already tried setting the dual-SIM property earlier and said it didn't work. Probably just didn't know what he/she was doing. :P

Patch you posted isn't much different from that. It only sets two additional properties but I'm quite sure we don't need them anyway (persist.radio.dont_use_dsd=true was already present in KitKat blobs but it wasn't set in dual-SIM stock ROM, ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation shouldn't be needed). Please make a clean installation and test the patch that is in the third post of this thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest stadtmobi

Two observations for the latest build:

1) From time to time the auto-rotate does not work anymore. The rotation is  then still working if i use apps like newpipe for watching youtube videos but not for apps like firefox.

If i do a restart, the auto-rotation works again for a while

2) If i'll do a quick restart to solve the issue. The system reboots to the PIN entry screen but does not take any touch entries. I can also not confirm a restart anymore. The only thing that helps is to remove the battery to restart.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, stadtmobi said:

Two observations for the latest build:

1) From time to time the auto-rotate does not work anymore. The rotation is  then still working if i use apps like newpipe for watching youtube videos but not for apps like firefox.

If i do a restart, the auto-rotation works again for a while

2) If i'll do a quick restart to solve the issue. The system reboots to the PIN entry screen but does not take any touch entries. I can also not confirm a restart anymore. The only thing that helps is to remove the battery to restart.

1) Logs? Exact steps how to reproduce? Is this only a problem with Firefox or other apps, too? Can you still get a proper reading from accelerometer using e.g. CPU-Z or Droid Hardware Info? I'm wondering if the new 'proxity wake' option could cause this somehow because I can't reproduce this on my device (does your device have a ambient light/proximity sensor?). Can you/someone test using /system/priv-app/DozeService/DozeService.apk from the previous build (or removing it all together)? Edit. There's now this but I can't understand why we'd suddenly need that.

2) Nothing new in that, it's been like that since CM12. Happens sometime when Android framework is restarted (quick reboot, change dpi from settings, unwanted soft reboot, etc). IMO there shouldn't be any quick reboot option to begin with. 'adb reboot' works, too.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest stadtmobi

Thank you.

I've installed Droid Hardware Info: The ST3-Axis Accelerometer works correct.

Until now i haven't found a way to reproduce it but i think it is after letting it in standby mode for a while.

It will be the same problem as described in the cm ticket you've linked.

I encounter it with all apps. Newpipe just uses a manual screenrotation when the playback is started. It does not read any sensor data (my good).

My logs do not show anything in particular.

Am i the only one with that issue?

I will make a nandroid backup and remove the doze service to test it.

21 minutes ago, stadtmobi said:

Thank you.

I've installed Droid Hardware Info: The ST3-Axis Accelerometer works correct.

Until now i haven't found a way to reproduce it but i think it is after letting it in standby mode for a while.

It will be the same problem as described in the cm ticket you've linked.

I encounter it with all apps. Newpipe just uses a manual screenrotation when the playback is started. It does not read any sensor data (my good).

My logs do not show anything in particular.

Am i the only one with that issue?

I will make a nandroid backup and remove the doze service to test it.

Nope

I'm encounter this problem just as You

Its working a while then shuts off

Reverted to 2.7 and works fine

Edited by .:Dante:.