[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
8 minutes ago, obliterate said:

ok, thnaks for alarm, but anything for performance?

There's nothing wrong with performance (it's even snappier than CM12.1). You need to figure out what is causing the issue for you.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest obliterate

also, how do i find out whats causing performance degradation? i mean, i flash cm download apps i use and then it works fine and flawlessly and then suddenly performance is so terrible, system is using so much ram

Guest KonstaT
11 minutes ago, obliterate said:

but do you know some tweaks?

Performance boosting thingâ„¢ is already included in the current release. :P

10 minutes ago, obliterate said:

also, how do i find out whats causing performance degradation? i mean, i flash cm download apps i use and then it works fine and flawlessly and then suddenly performance is so terrible, system is using so much ram

This device has 512mb or RAM? What did you expect? You can't have Facebook and dozen Chrome tabs open at the same time...

Guest stadtmobi
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, that's CyanogenMod - sht get broken (and fixed) all the time. My builds are equivalent to nightly builds so it's in the bleeding edge.

There seems to be two separate issues with DeskClock. Settings crash was fixed couple days ago (https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES-2671). Alarm crash might only affect e.g. HDPI devices if anyone else hasn't noticed it yet.

You can use /system/app/DeskClock/DeskClock.apk from 20160308 build for now. It doesn't have neither of these issues.

Thank you. I've overwritten the deskclock.apk with the one from the 0308 build and rebooted but now the deskclock does not work anymore (not listed in the installed apps and if i try to install it via opening the apk it says PARSE ERROR.

Do i have to follow a special procedure or to degrade the app to a non-system app before uninstalling it and reinstalling the new one?

24 minutes ago, obliterate said:

ok, thnaks for alarm, but anything for performance?

If you know how to read the RAM informations on your phone (f.e. for the last three hours), you'll find the memory hungry apps.

Try to figure out the ones you can remove without problems or at least revoke their start-at-boot right and recheck the RAM information.

The Open C (i assume you have this device) is a low budget device with less than 512mb ram. If it will be loaded with persistent apps like a recent high-end device (galaxy s6) it won't make you happy

Guest obliterate

im using kis 3 with 512 mb... but point is that Android OS is using 131 mb, android system is using 72 mb, and rest is hardly using anything

Guest stadtmobi

do you know how to check the android logcat informations?

http://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/debugging-memory.html

Like this you can watch out for the apps that do block your device.

As a hobby android app programmer  i can tell you that it is very easy to occupy RAM. So just one single app can be the reason for your bad experience.

You could also try the following: 

1. Do a full backup

2. Reinstall CM 13 again

3. Wipe cache

4. Use it without installing any app -> how's the behaviour?

5. Install only one app after another and try to keep an eye on the performance/ram. Like this you could also detect the app that causes your problems without messing with logcat

Edited by stadtmobi
added infos

Guest vellow

For tweaks, try Seeder, though some people said it doesnt work in MM, but when i try it, it does make some difference, so i keep it.

Also, add another tweak in build.prop is helpful too.

Guest xfoneguy

On 3/23/2016 at 9:48 AM, KonstaT said:

If you want to switch to another gapps package (or remove any modifications you've done to /system), boot to recovery -> format /system -> install ROM -> install gapps. You won't lose your data/settings/etc.

I so appreciate your expertise and help. Do you know if this same basic procedure will work as you outlined here with any (or most) Android Phones?  I've picked up an HTC to add to my collection and am having trouble with the GAPPS packages (again). Thanks again!

Edited by xfoneguy

Guest vellow

Just want to share,

I just give a shot for this an old tweak for internet speed I found in other forum and can't believe it works in CM13.

Link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42185612&postcount=100

I used to get 300-500 kB/s, but after applying that tweak, I always get above 1,2 mB/s.

update : move to other place to test, i still get above 1,2 MB/s. this is nice.

Cheers.

Screenshot_20160329-174059.png

Edited by vellow

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, obliterate said:

i dont even use facebook or chrome :) i use it for clash of clans, viber, youtube, calls and messages via stock apps

Just an example. Usually just a reboot helps if you have some misbehaving app...

18 hours ago, stadtmobi said:

Thank you. I've overwritten the deskclock.apk with the one from the 0308 build and rebooted but now the deskclock does not work anymore (not listed in the installed apps and if i try to install it via opening the apk it says PARSE ERROR.

Do i have to follow a special procedure or to degrade the app to a non-system app before uninstalling it and reinstalling the new one?

No, just copy file over to /system (CM's built-in file manager work fine) and set correct permission (644). 

7 hours ago, xfoneguy said:

I so appreciate your expertise and help. Do you know if this same basic procedure will work as you outlined here with any (or most) Android Phones?  I've picked up an HTC to add to my collection and am having trouble with the GAPPS packages (again). Thanks again!

Yes, this is all the same on most 'regular' Android devices. Some devices have minor quirks what comes to unlocking bootloader and installing custom recovery.

Guest Jutie
On 24/03/2016 at 10:42 PM, KonstaT said:

Why? What is wrong with the patch in the third post?

Thanks to both of you guys. My problem solved now. Thanks again!!!

Guest vellow

Another tweak,

activating swap.

echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "1" > /sys/block/zram0/reset
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

hope it can help others whose encounter performance issue.

reference from CM Forum.

Guest KonstaT
On 3/28/2016 at 8:50 PM, vellow said:

I was playing with your latest build, but i combined with boot.img from your " 20160108" build, i got my internal storage back.

Hope that information help.

I tested 20160108 build and adoptable storage doesn't work there either. So no, this was not helpful at all. ;)

2 hours ago, vellow said:

Another tweak,

activating swap.

echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "1" > /sys/block/zram0/reset
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

hope it can help others whose encounter performance issue.

reference from CM Forum.

That's not swap - that's zRAM. zRAM is already enabled by default...

Guest vellow

KonstaT,

Thankyou for replying, i hope i can explain well since english is not my native language.

About internal storage, in your last build, i cant see my internal storage anymore ( 1,78 GB ), i already check fstab, but it does mount all partition correctly. Or it was mounted as /data ?

So i was doing some experiment with boot.img from your previous build then i get this ( better explain it with picture below ).

About performance, I was also having performance issue and the most irritating one is when I get a phone call, my device is ringing but my screen doesnt come up with option to answer the call. So, I was looking some solution for this, since I really like your CM13 build ( this rom is very clean ).

For swap vs zram, i was started my experiment by reading this thread (  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851991   ). They said, swap is better then zram ( and usually we put it in sdcard by creating swap partition on it ) but in most article it will make sdcard degrade in its life cycle.

And according to this thread ( http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/74795-swapon-function-not-implemented/  )  since we only have 512 MB of RAM, so it will be useless if i still want to use swap in sdcard. But If I put it in /system or /data, it will reduce the size of its partition.

So, I decided to create that swap in zram by putting it in init.d files. I dont know if it placebo or not, but my device feel more snappier then before.

I do put some tweaks also in sysctl.conf, build.prop, 3g tweak and i also use apps like greenify, fstrim, servicely and restricted some apps in privacy guard especially  for gapps. Now with 30 user apps ( including Clash of Clan, Chrome and Youtube :) ), i still feel this device very smooth, and I never kill apps that still running in background after doing that swap thing. Maybe i was wrong by doing it, but that was what I've done to my device, please correct me.

Sorry for the long post. :). Cheers.

Screenshot_20160330-221422.png

Guest KonstaT
40 minutes ago, vellow said:

KonstaT,

Thankyou for replying, i hope i can explain well since english is not my native language.

About internal storage, in your last build, i cant see my internal storage anymore ( 1,78 GB ), i already check fstab, but it does mount all partition correctly. Or it was mounted as /data ?

So i was doing some experiment with boot.img from your previous build then i get this ( better explain it with picture below ).

About performance, I was also having performance issue and the most irritating one is when I get a phone call, my device is ringing but my screen doesnt come up with option to answer the call. So, I was looking some solution for this, since I really like your CM13 build ( this rom is very clean ).

For swap vs zram, i was started my experiment by reading this thread (  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851991   ). They said, swap is better then zram ( and usually we put it in sdcard by creating swap partition on it ) but in most article it will make sdcard degrade in its life cycle.

And according to this thread ( http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/74795-swapon-function-not-implemented/  )  since we only have 512 MB of RAM, so it will be useless if i still want to use swap in sdcard. But If I put it in /system or /data, it will reduce the size of its partition.

So, I decided to create that swap in zram by putting it in init.d files. I dont know if it placebo or not, but my device feel more snappier then before.

I do put some tweaks also in sysctl.conf, build.prop, 3g tweak and i also use apps like greenify, fstrim, servicely and restricted some apps in privacy guard especially  for gapps. Now with 30 user apps ( including Clash of Clan, Chrome and Youtube :) ), i still feel this device very smooth, and I never kill apps that still running in background after doing that swap thing. Maybe i was wrong by doing it, but that was what I've done to my device, please correct me.

Sorry for the long post. :). Cheers.

Internal storage and adoptable storage (feature introduced in Marshmallow) are two completely different things. There's no internal sdcard for a reason (FAQ, third post). You just can't use boot.img from an older build - all kinds of things are going to mismatch and you're going to have a bad time. Reason why there appears to be internal sdcard in this case is because I've since moved this property from build.prop to kernel ramdisk. You'd need to make other modification for it work properly as well.

You should search for more up to date information, it's not 2012 anymore. ;) zRAM, KSM and low RAM API have been recommended for devices with 512mb of RAM since KitKat. We're currently using 192mb of zRAM by default.

cat /proc/swaps
free

in terminal for more information.

You can tweak your device all you want in your own privacy. I wouldn't necessary recommend it unless you know exactly what you're doing. Figuring out things by trial and error and can fun, though. :) But you must also understand that I can't accept any issue reports from anyone who is using any third party hacks/tweak/etc.

Guest vellow
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You should search for more up to date information, it's not 2012 anymore. ;) zRAM, KSM and low RAM API have been recommended for devices with 512mb of RAM since KitKat. We're currently using 192mb of zRAM by default.

Yeah, they are an old thread and must be not appropriate anymore in recent build.

You right, its kind of fun though doing experiment like this. I'll try another recent tweak for this.

Btw, any clue for changing DNS ?

Guest Alchess
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, vellow said:

Just want to share,

I just give a shot for this an old tweak for internet speed I found in other forum and can't believe it works in CM13.

Link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42185612&postcount=100

I used to get 300-500 kB/s, but after applying that tweak, I always get above 1,2 mB/s.

update : move to other place to test, i still get above 1,2 MB/s. this is nice.

Cheers.

Screenshot_20160329-174059.png

Hi Vellow, I was wondering how did you get this to work on your phone. Can please provide information how you enabled this on your phone. And can you please send a screenshot of what you have on your phone as instructiions given on link area bit hazy for me. thanks in advance

Guest stadtmobi
On 29.3.2016 at 4:28 PM, KonstaT said:

Just an example. Usually just a reboot helps if you have some misbehaving app...

No, just copy file over to /system (CM's built-in file manager work fine) and set correct permission (644). 

Merci. the correct file permissions solved my problem!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-13.0-20160423-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?ndbcx6yn6vg0j19
md5:86f965a796148bf8b8d16e1296ece4f1

-disable adoptable storage feature for now
-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-1805, CVE-2016-0821, CVE-2015-8785, CVE-2015-7509, CVE-2016-0774)
-Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, rafaelweed said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but how i drop down the quick settings on the notification bar?

???

I don't understand what you mean. You need to be more specific.

2 hours ago, rafaelweed said:

I've found a bug, the screen doesnt lock with the quick slide option

Yeah, it still works with my dirty data so I didn't notice this. It doesn't work with clean installation. Edit. Works after you once reboot your device.

CyanogenMod issues - for some reason CM13 is the buggiest version in a long time...

Edited by KonstaT