The Weekend Discussion: Are you tempted by a Lumia 950 / 950XL?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Welcome to 'The Weekend Discussion', where we pick a topic of interest to chat about, erm, at the weekend! You, me, everyone - I want to hear your thoughts! This week we're talking about the Lumia 950 and the 950 XL. As Microsoft's flag bearers for Windows 10 on mobiles, I find that i'm very tempted to try one. Are you?

The 950, detailed here on the Microsoft site, retails from £419.99 SIM free and packs a QHD screen, Snapdragon 808 processor, 20 Megapixel camera, a 3000mAh battery with USB-C fast charging and, of course, that familiar (or is tired?) Lumia design. Most interestingly for me, Windows 10 means the innovative Continuum desktop-from-your-mobile experience courtesy of the 'Display Dock'.

Spring for the £469.99 950 XL, which features near identical specs bar a 5.7" screen and you'll get the aforementioned Display Dock thrown in for free, which is pretty compelling. I've been very close to pulling the trigger, but I know that the app gap will bother me and as i'm all-in on the Google ecosystem, missing things like Hangouts will be a big issue.

What do you think? Are you tempted? Completely uninterested? Slightly curious?

950xlbig.png.1d9b03d48fe9feb9250495a0763

View full item

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.