Hard Brick..?

Guest just_modaco

Guest c0d3x42
On 12/11/2015 at 9:53 AM, Lukas4477 said:

I flashed the wrong boot.IMG trying to make cm. Had the same problem as you, I went through every key combination till the light stayed solid blue. 

Hi there,

I'm also trying to build CM (off and on when i get some spare time). Would you mind elaborating on what you did exactly with the wrong boot image? I'm interested to know any pitfalls upfront before i try flashing.

Cheers,

-v

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, just_modaco said:

at first i rooted it with iroot..then i only changed the recovery part.. that is the thing which i did.

recovery file and command..

recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-twrp2870-p839v55.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery

only this..nothing else..

I don't know what iroot is (this?) and if anyone has used it on this device before. Writing something to recovery partition (even if it was something 'wrong') should not 'brick' any device.

If you can't boot to Android and you can't boot to recovery, you're pretty much screwed. If you can get a full eMMC backup from a working device you might be able to restore it to your device if it's still recognized as 'Qualcomm MMC Storage' when you press both volume up and volume down keys at the same time and plug in USB cable. Or you could just play dumb and return your device under warranty...

Guest just_modaco
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I don't know what iroot is (this?) and if anyone has used it on this device before. Writing something to recovery partition (even if it was something 'wrong') should not 'brick' any device.

If you can't boot to Android and you can't boot to recovery, you're pretty much screwed. If you can get a full eMMC backup from a working device you might be able to restore it to your device if it's still recognized as 'Qualcomm MMC Storage' when you press both volume up and volume down keys at the same time and plug in USB cable. Or you could just play dumb and return your device under warranty...

hi..

yes it is that root software..what is the meaning of full emmc backup..? all partitions..? yes pc is recognizing the device as Quallcomm MMC Storage or QDLoader..

device is still under warranty and i dont want to send it to service..but if i dont solve the pb i will..

Guest just_modaco
5 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

I cant understand what you have done to the device, you have done the impossible..

:)

i used the simple english.. which part didnt u understand..?

Guest just_modaco
8 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:
9 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

Not the language but what you've done to the phone.

I've deleted the SO, bricked the phone and all had solution. You must have done a super crap thing.. O.o

I cant understand what you have done to the device, you have done the impossible..

what is the meaning of SO..? i only changed the recovery part by dd flashing as i say above..then nothing..

Guest just_modaco
43 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

Operative system. I deleted the Android by mistake ans solved it by copying the files from PC with TWRP adb

u r lucky because u can enter the recovery but i dont..

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, just_modaco said:

hi..

yes it is that root software..what is the meaning of full emmc backup..? all partitions..? yes pc is recognizing the device as Quallcomm MMC Storage or QDLoader..

device is still under warranty and i dont want to send it to service..but if i dont solve the pb i will..

Yeah, all partitions in one big RAW copy. You need to dump these from a working device and copy it to your 'bricked' device with something like HDD Raw Copy Tool.

Guest just_modaco
6 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, all partitions in one big RAW copy. You need to dump these from a working device and copy it to your 'bricked' device with something like HDD Raw Copy Tool.

hmm..

that is good idea... or maybe someone add it..

Guest Lukas4477
22 hours ago, c0d3x42 said:

Hi there,

I'm also trying to build CM (off and on when i get some spare time). Would you mind elaborating on what you did exactly with the wrong boot image? I'm interested to know any pitfalls upfront before i try flashing.

Cheers,

-v

Hi,

I'm also doing it in my spare time. 

I have so many folders on my PC with ROMs in, I extracted boot.IMG and edited the kernel a little, repacked the wrong one and flashed it within the zip of cm. 

The boot.IMG was still for the phone, just not the ROM. Nothing major. 

Guest just_modaco
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

after a few research i found a tool which emmc rawtool and i saw all partitions.. nad now i need some one to read recovery his device and send it to me...

pls contact me...

ss.jpg

Edited by just_modaco
screenshot added..

Guest BlueMoonRising
40 minutes ago, just_modaco said:

i solved it.. only used the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img..and now she is on the twrp.. :))

Glad to see you sorted it, try not to do it again ;)

Guest just_modaco
5 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

Glad to see you sorted it, try not to do it again ;)

hehe..

i think it is no pb anymore.. because we solved it.. :))

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, just_modaco said:

i solved it.. only used the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img..and now she is on the twrp.. :))

Good to hear you got it sorted out. :) Still no idea how that prevented you from booting normally to Android, though.

That tool seems shady as it gets. Couldn't find a version that didn't have some kind of malware included.

Guest c0d3x42
5 hours ago, Lukas4477 said:

Hi,

I'm also doing it in my spare time. 

I have so many folders on my PC with ROMs in, I extracted boot.IMG and edited the kernel a little, repacked the wrong one and flashed it within the zip of cm. 

The boot.IMG was still for the phone, just not the ROM. Nothing major. 

How far have you gotten with flashing something non stock?

I've just tried my first cm-12.1 build that did'nt get past the initial power screen. I think the kernel is OK so its probably the initrd contents which are out of whack. At first i thought it was boot.img not being written as there was no feedback in TWRP, so then i tried dd'ing to the boot partition. No joy there either.

i restored an earlier backup in TWRP for the time being until i can compare and contrast the boot.img against the stock one.

Guest Lukas4477
22 minutes ago, c0d3x42 said:

How far have you gotten with flashing something non stock?

I've just tried my first cm-12.1 build that did'nt get past the initial power screen. I think the kernel is OK so its probably the initrd contents which are out of whack. At first i thought it was boot.img not being written as there was no feedback in TWRP, so then i tried dd'ing to the boot partition. No joy there either.

i restored an earlier backup in TWRP for the time being until i can compare and contrast the boot.img against the stock one.

I've not started a cm from fresh, I'm using lonespeakers cm, trying to get everything working. 

This boots, but not much works. 

Guest c0d3x42
9 minutes ago, Lukas4477 said:

I've not started a cm from fresh, I'm using lonespeakers cm, trying to get everything working. 

This boots, but not much works. 

Ah yes, i should go have a look at that. thanks for the reminder.

Guest BlueMoonRising
12 hours ago, c0d3x42 said:

Ah yes, i should go have a look at that. thanks for the reminder.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel ;)

Well done to all who are trying to get CM on it BTW. Just out of interest why 12.1 and not 13? I don't have much (any...) knowledge of these things but are they that different?

Guest c0d3x42
4 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

Don't try to reinvent the wheel ;)

Well done to all who are trying to get CM on it BTW. Just out of interest why 12.1 and not 13? I don't have much (any...) knowledge of these things but are they that different?

for me at least, 12.1 seemed like the more stable option, fewer surprises and better understood. This'll be the first time i've tried to build an android from scratch rather than taking an established vendor|device tree where the bugs have been fixed. 

Doesn't 13 require closer attention to LinuxSE policies? I had a feeling it did, and so would rather not have to deal with that until further down the road.

• 8 months later...
On 10/12/2015 at 6:42 PM, just_modaco said:

γεια σας παιδιά..

οποιαδήποτε λύση για τα σκληρά τούβλα ..; συσκευή δεν είναι δύναμη μόνο σε Android λογότυπο στη συνέχεια πηγαίνει στο quallcomm λειτουργία ..

I have the same problem,how you fix it?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest smurfizkewl

I have the exactly same problem as just_modaco, can someone help me please? He said " i solved it.. only used the recovery-twrp2870-p839v55-5.1.1.img..and now she is on the twrp.. :))"

what i have to do exactly? Do have to download a program?