[DEV][ROM][13.11.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
On 4/13/2016 at 5:25 AM, Alonso98 said:

Hello, I own a huawei y560-u23 and I wanted to ask if all the development done to the y560-l01 (recoveries, roms, etc...) can be installed without issues on this variant of the phone?. If some info is needed to confirm this, I'll try to help. 

I noticed inside my /system/lib/hw there are files with msm8909 on its names.

Edit1:

Ok, I saw this message that you posted in the TWRP thread

According to that, I suppose it indeed will work on the U23 variant but CM won't have working camera and sensors. So another question, does that kind of issue could be fixed with some kind of patch similar to the one you uploaded on previous messages?

Could you test 'Y5 Hardware Info' app from this post on your device? Is there stock firmware available at Huawei site or can you upload your boot image somewhere?

It's very possible that TWRP and CM will work if I'll just repack those with the Y560-U23 stock kernel/dt. Could be some missing blobs for camera, too.

Guest Alonso98
19 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Could you test 'Y5 Hardware Info' app from this post on your device? Is there stock firmware available at Huawei site or can you upload your boot image somewhere?

It's very possible that TWRP and CM will work if I'll just repack those with the Y560-U23 stock kernel/dt. Could be some missing blobs for camera, too.

For some reason, the app tells me that my device isn't a Huawei Y5, should I edit the build.prop to make it work? Here is a boot image made with your TWRP. Also the recovery installed without any problem

Edit: NVM editing the build.prop made it work, here is a screenshot

Screenshot_2016-04-14-18-11-13.png

Edited by Alonso98

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

For some reason, the app tells me that my device isn't a Huawei Y5, should I edit the build.prop to make it work? Here is a boot image made with your TWRP. Also the recovery installed without any problem

Edit: NVM editing the build.prop made it work, here is a screenshot

Yeah, app checks values for 'ro.product.device' and 'ro.product.model' properties. I'll include stock Y560-U23 values in the next version.

Can you upload system.* from your TWRP backup as well? It doesn't contain any of your personal data.

Here's a patch for CM12.1 with boot image repacked with stock Y560-U23 kernel/dt and missing binary blobs for camera. Please test and report back what is working/not working. If wifi is not working, I'll need kernel modules from Y560-U23 stock firmware as well.

cm-12.1-y560-u23.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?7bpckgxomvd2nou
md5:6611f0b4b84d91f940eafebc66133381

Edited by KonstaT

Guest metalzone
On 4/4/2016 at 7:06 PM, KonstaT said:

I highly doubt that. Never heard of recovery getting corrupted.

I did something wrong last time for sure, 'cause the new fresh installation of your mod + fix + picogapps now is working very well (as before!) and the back camera too!!

thank you again! A donate will be sents soon as possible!!

Edited by metalzone

Guest Alonso98
On 15/4/2016 at 1:03 AM, KonstaT said:

Yeah, app checks values for 'ro.product.device' and 'ro.product.model' properties. I'll include stock Y560-U23 values in the next version.

Can you upload system.* from your TWRP backup as well? It doesn't contain any of your personal data.

Here's a patch for CM12.1 with boot image repacked with stock Y560-U23 kernel/dt and missing binary blobs for camera. Please test and report back what is working/not working. If wifi is not working, I'll need kernel modules from Y560-U23 stock firmware as well.

cm-12.1-y560-u23.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?7bpckgxomvd2nou
md5:6611f0b4b84d91f940eafebc66133381

Ok, here is the system backup. Tested cm 12 with the patch but for some reason, the primary camera didn't work. I even installed the patch twice and checked that the blobs were in the /system/vendor/lib folder. The Y5 Hardware info said unavailable on the primary camera.

The wifi is working perfectly, as well as bluetooth, fm radio, audio, sensors, etc... (I still need to test other features that I don't usually use)

At the beginning, the rom didn't detected my sim so I added "persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds" to the build.prop because my phone is dual sim, then ril worked perfectly, however I didn't tried the second slot.

Also the torch isn't working but I suppose this happens because the primary camera isn't working.

Except for the camera, I felt the rom really stable because everything else that I tested worked with no problems.

Guest KonstaT
55 minutes ago, Alonso98 said:

Ok, here is the system backup. Tested cm 12 with the patch but for some reason, the primary camera didn't work. I even installed the patch twice and checked that the blobs were in the /system/vendor/lib folder. The Y5 Hardware info said unavailable on the primary camera.

The wifi is working perfectly, as well as bluetooth, fm radio, audio, sensors, etc... (I still need to test other features that I don't usually use)

At the beginning, the rom didn't detected my sim so I added "persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds" to the build.prop because my phone is dual sim, then ril worked perfectly, however I didn't tried the second slot.

Also the torch isn't working but I suppose this happens because the primary camera isn't working.

Except for the camera, I felt the rom really stable because everything else that I tested worked with no problems.

Great. :) It's likely just still missing some blob for the camera. If you post logs (logcat, dmesg) I don't have to guess which one...

I wasn't aware Y560-U23 is a dual-SIM device (Y560-L02 or Y560-L03 is but can't remember which one). Yeah, you'll need to set that property to get RIL working. I'll include the property in the next patch.

Guest Alonso98
On 16/4/2016 at 10:16 AM, KonstaT said:

Great. :) It's likely just still missing some blob for the camera. If you post logs (logcat, dmesg) I don't have to guess which one...

I wasn't aware Y560-U23 is a dual-SIM device (Y560-L02 or Y560-L03 is but can't remember which one). Yeah, you'll need to set that property to get RIL working. I'll include the property in the next patch.

Ok, I uploaded a logcat that I took after opening the camera, and there is the dmesg too. I hope they work

dmesg.txt

logcat.txt

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Ok, I uploaded a logcat that I took after opening the camera, and there is the dmesg too. I hope they work

dmesg.txt

logcat.txt

Please post a logcat while/right after booting to CM12.1. You don't even need to open the camera. It will show which camera libs are loaded (or missing).

Few of the already existing camera libs are different in Y560-U23 stock firmware. Will try to replace those next if nothing is missing.

#    modified:   libmmcamera2_iface_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_imglib_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_isp_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_sensor_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_stats_modules.so
#    modified:   liboemcamera.so

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
On 18/4/2016 at 1:53 AM, KonstaT said:

Please post a logcat while/right after booting to CM12.1. You don't even need to open the camera. It will show which camera libs are loaded (or missing).

Few of the already existing camera libs are different in Y560-U23 stock firmware. Will try to replace those next if nothing is missing.

#    modified:   libmmcamera2_iface_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_imglib_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_isp_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_sensor_modules.so
#    modified:   libmmcamera2_stats_modules.so
#    modified:   liboemcamera.so

Ok, attached a logcat that I took while booting. I found messages like this:

E/mm-camera-img(  288): frameproc_comp_load:828] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so

E/mm-camera(  288): module_imgbase_init_imglib_chroma_flash:1442] Error rc -6

E/mm-camera-img(  288): module_imglib_create_topology:649] Can not init the module imglib_chroma_flash

So i guess those are the important ones... I also will try to replace the libs you said and maybe add the libs of the log if they are missing

log_while_booting.txt

Final edit: To condense all my edits, I just found out that the missing libs was "libmmcamera_ov8858_gdgr140568r_eeprom.so". And also I think it's necessary to replace the libs you said.

Edited by Alonso98

Guest Erecik

I've reinstalled CM13 and it's fine now... but I will leave this post, maybe someone got same issue.

Edit 0.5: If you have any camera issue on CM13, go on and install package provided by KonstaT
cm-y560-hi544-qunhui-camera.zip

Hey! 

First of all, thank you KonstaT for creating this port! Really good job!

But i've got a small problem, maybe it's my Y5, maybe it's this port, just want to ask for help.

My gyroscope is off by 90 degress... What does it mean?

When I hold my phone vertically my phone think that I am holding it sideways, and so on...
When I hold it sideways, screen goes upside down from horizontal position... Can u provide me some libs/drivers for gyroscope/sensor ? 
It was fine on stock rom and on CM13... Something went wrong here :)

Once I lock rotation in setting everything seems to be fine, but apps like camera or other sensor-dependent apps are still reading wrong data :c

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Erecik

Guest KonstaT
On 4/18/2016 at 2:57 AM, Alonso98 said:

Ok, attached a logcat that I took while booting. I found messages like this:

E/mm-camera-img(  288): frameproc_comp_load:828] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so

E/mm-camera(  288): module_imgbase_init_imglib_chroma_flash:1442] Error rc -6

E/mm-camera-img(  288): module_imglib_create_topology:649] Can not init the module imglib_chroma_flash

So i guess those are the important ones... I also will try to replace the libs you said and maybe add the libs of the log if they are missing

log_while_booting.txt

Final edit: To condense all my edits, I just found out that the missing libs was "libmmcamera_ov8858_gdgr140568r_eeprom.so". And also I think it's necessary to replace the libs you said.

Well done. :) Yeah, I was wondering if that lib is also needed.

You have everything working now? I'll make a final version of the Y560-U23 patch.

15 hours ago, Erecik said:

But i've got a small problem, maybe it's my Y5, maybe it's this port, just want to ask for help.

My gyroscope is off by 90 degress... What does it mean?

When I hold my phone vertically my phone think that I am holding it sideways, and so on...
When I hold it sideways, screen goes upside down from horizontal position... Can u provide me some libs/drivers for gyroscope/sensor ? 
It was fine on stock rom and on CM13... Something went wrong here :)

Once I lock rotation in setting everything seems to be fine, but apps like camera or other sensor-dependent apps are still reading wrong data :c

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread. Could be just some random issue. It doesn't make any sense that rotation (it's accelerometer btw - this device doesn't have gyroscope) works in CM13 but is off here. Same stock kernel and sensor HAL are used in both.

Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-12.1-20160420-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?ijr9hhbm3quk36b
md5:703257955ab98142a8d156df0577de3d  

-add missing binary blobs for hi544 qunhui and ov8858 chicony camera hardware
-add proximity wake gesture
-enable proximity check on wake feature
-add 'Y5 Hardware Info' app
-Android security patch level: 1 April 2016 (merged)

Guest Alonso98
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Well done. :) Yeah, I was wondering if that lib is also needed.

You have everything working now? I'll make a final version of the Y560-U23 patch.

Well yeah but I just noticed something really small issue, however I think I'm the only with it or nobody noticed it. When I play sounds like notifications or the beginning of ringtones, they will sound like sped up but playing them repeatedly will make them sound normal. It happens also on cm 13 and recorded there video to show that I'm not being paranoic. Also uploaded a part of the logcat. notification_log.txt

However that's the only small problem that' I've faced so to be honest, if it can't be fixed, I can live with that. Also I haven't tested latest release so it could be fixed there.

14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread. Could be just some random issue. It doesn't make any sense that rotation (it's accelerometer btw - this device doesn't have gyroscope) works in CM13 but is off here. Same stock kernel and sensor HAL are used in both.

When I was trying your cm 13, the u23 patch would make a bootloop (I think because of the boot.img) so I tested it without flashing the fix and to my surprise, I had the same rotation problem so to confirm it, I tried cm 12 without the u23 fix and had the rotation bug too so it's a problem with the boot.img (kernel?) in the rom.

Also, it's a shame that huawei doesn't release complete kernel source, can we sign a petition on change.org or something like that? So they can release them

Edited by Alonso98

Guest KonstaT
19 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Well yeah but I just noticed something really small issue, however I think I'm the only with it or nobody noticed it. When I play sounds like notifications or the beginning of ringtones, they will sound like sped up but playing them repeatedly will make them sound normal. It happens also on cm 13 and recorded there video to show that I'm not being paranoic. Also uploaded a part of the logcat. notification_log.txt

It's a known issue with deep buffer playback and I'm aware of it. There's a kernel side patch which I can't apply of course. I'll look into if I can sort it by hacking buffer count in audio HAL.

When I was trying your cm 13, the u23 patch would make a bootloop (I think because of the boot.img) so I tested it without flashing the fix and to my surprise, I had the same rotation problem so to confirm it, I tried cm 12 without the u23 fix and had the rotation bug too so it's a problem with the boot.img (kernel?) in the rom.

Yeah, CM12.1's boot.img won't work with CM13. boot.img is bit of a moving target anyway which means patch needs to be updated with pretty much every release (CM12.1 is already quite dead these days, though). I've included the missing ov8858 chicony camera blobs for Y560-U23 in the latest build but I'm not sure if we also need to replace those libs I pointed out before.

Sensor issue could be kernel related to but it should be present in both CM12.1 and CM13 in that case (both use the same stock kernel). Otherwise there's something else going on.

Also, it's a shame that huawei doesn't release complete kernel source, can we sign a petition on change.org or something like that? So they can release them

I think it would have much more effect if anyone who was to sign any petition would send email directly to Huawei instead. If anyone has contacts inside Huawei that would help to get the message through. And there's always a chance to sue them. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
On 21/4/2016 at 8:50 AM, KonstaT said:

It's a known issue with deep buffer playback and I'm aware of it. There's a kernel side patch which I can't apply of course. I'll look into if I can sort it by hacking buffer count in audio HAL.

Ok, like I said it before, I can live with it even if it can't be fixed, this rom is a lot more stable and better than stock rom ;)

Yeah, CM12.1's boot.img won't work with CM13. boot.img is bit of a moving target anyway which means patch needs to be updated with pretty much every release (CM12.1 is already quite dead these days, though). I've included the missing ov8858 chicony camera blobs for Y560-U23 in the latest build but I'm not sure if we also need to replace those libs I pointed out before.

Sensor issue could be kernel related to but it should be present in both CM12.1 and CM13 in that case (both use the same stock kernel). Otherwise there's something else going on.

Yeah the libs about camera that you posted previously are necessary, I discovered it some time ago, so yeah a patch is still needed because I suppose that those libs will make the camera not work in the L01 variant in case that the ones of the U23 are used.

I think it would have much more effect if anyone who was to sign any petition would send email directly to Huawei instead. If anyone has contacts inside Huawei that would help to get the message through. And there's always a chance to sue them. ;)

Well I've got nothing to lose so I'll write to them right now ;)

Guest KonstaT
9 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Yeah the libs about camera that you posted previously are necessary, I discovered it some time ago, so yeah a patch is still needed because I suppose that those libs will make the camera not work in the L01 variant in case that the ones of the U23 are used.

Yeah, I tested those Y560-U23 camera libs on my device and it breaks rear camera for me.

Hopefully the final version of Y560-U23 patch in the next post. Please test and report back if everything is working like before.

Guest KonstaT

Here's a CM12.1 patch for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23 devices.

• kernel/dt built for Y560-U23
  • camera libs from Y560-U23V100R001C464B041
  • sets property to enable dual-SIM feature

cm-12.1-20161113-y560-u23.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM12.1
md5:793d33e8f6d1e1e2ae10dfe3bc3d42e0

For previous build:

Here's a CM12.1 patch for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23 devices.

• kernel/dt and kernel modules from Y560-U23V100R001C464B041
  • changes accelerometer sensor axis (fixes device rotation)

cm-12.1-20160420-y560-u23.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM12.1
md5:487404af0c5bbefabd77a17be6fedd0d

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Here's patch for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23 devices. It contains:

• kernel/dt and kernel modules from Y560-U23V100R001C464B041

cm-12.1-y560-u23.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?idzpi2yo33x5wb0
md5:487404af0c5bbefabd77a17be6fedd0d

Tried the patch from a clean cm 12.1 install and yes, it works perfectly.

Also Huawei answered me but I don't know if it's very important the country selected. They just said that I should avoid modifications to the original software (too late XD however I didn't mentioned wanting to do it on the email).They said that they didn't had the driver or kernel source code, and they cannot provide such information and mentioned other unnecesary things. Should I email to an specific country? I selected Costa Rica (mine).

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Also Huawei answered me but I don't know if it's very important the country selected. They just said that I should avoid modifications to the original software (too late XD however I didn't mentioned wanting to do it on the email).They said that they didn't had the driver or kernel source code, and they cannot provide such information and mentioned other unnecesary things. Should I email to an specific country? I selected Costa Rica (mine).

I've sent emails to [email protected]. That's the address that is stated in open source notice and GPLv2 written offer that is included in Huawei Y5 stock firmware packages you can download from their support site. They've on replied to my emails once (when they had second attempt at releasing the kernel source). I've also used the web form on their support site but no reply from there either.

Average customer service person has no clue what Linux kernel source is and what GPLv2 means. Huawei as a company of course understands this but it seems to be impossible to get the message through if you don't have the right contacts.

Guest Alonso98
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I've sent emails to [email protected]. That's the address that is stated in open source notice and GPLv2 written offer that is included in Huawei Y5 stock firmware packages you can download from their support site. They've on replied to my emails once (when they had second attempt at releasing the kernel source). I've also used the web form on their support site but no reply from there either.

Average customer service person has no clue what Linux kernel source is and what GPLv2 means. Huawei as a company of course understands this but it seems to be impossible to get the message through if you don't have the right contacts.

Oh I used the support site's form. I'll try the email address then. Sadly I don't have contacts there

12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Here's a patch that should help with the glitchy notification sounds, etc.

cm-12.1-y560-audio.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?kcgx0u1pc2h1fh9
md5:f74367c6c7e8cd4a6e63800bfbc9d545

Thanks, sounds working perfectly now

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, Fely said:

If you can make a working iwconfig for tx power changing in hotspot mode, I'll donate 25 Eur in advance. Would be awesome.

https://yulinling.net/post/control_android_wifi_txpower

Decreasing tx power is quite straight forward. You need to edit /data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and uncomment this line. Then you can change the maximum allowed tx power to a smaller value e.g.

gTxPowerCap=10

You can use the iwconfig binary that was attached in the blog post you linked to verify after restarting wifi.

Huawei has made some changes to that configuration that are tagged with 'modify for WIFI hotspot current'. It seems that automatic tx power control is also enabled which means tx power is changed dynamically anyway. I highly doubt you're going to save much power even if you decrease the maximum allowed tx power.

Edited by KonstaT

Thanks, that works on the original firmware. Changed it to 6 and because wifi analyzer showed bouncing dbm values, so I disabled auto TX. I could not find the beacon interval in the config.

Before it was modded it would drain the battery, maybe because of the suspend options, will try that.

Edited by Fely