Huawei Y6 SCL-L01

Guest COSTII

Hello guys.... i recently bought a Huawei y6 the phone is pretty good but sometimes it's lagging very much... so i was wondering where can i find a custom ROM or a custom recovery for this model this phone is also known as Huawei 4a has android 5.1.1 and a snapdragon 210

Guest KonstaT

First thing to check is if the device has unlocked/unlockable bootloader? Can you request unlock code from Huawei or can you just simply 'fastboot oem unlock' like on my Huawei Y5?

If you can't find custom recoveries or ROMs it's most likely because there aren't any. I could maybe build a TWRP image if someone wants to test. My Y5 has similar specs but these two devices are too different that I could support both devices in a single build. Generally speaking there shouldn't be any reason why your device couldn't run e.g. CyanogenMod, etc. You just need to get a device on the hands of someone who can make that happen.

the devices i have has a unlockable bootlaoder because i managed to unlock it through huawei official site i got the code from their site and then i have inserted the code through fastboot oem unlock command

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, amarin63 said:

Hello, Konsta T if you wanted to you could do for us TWRP;)

Nah, don't feel like doing anything for any Huawei device with the current Y5 kernel source situation.

Tried downloading Y6 stock firmware from Huawei site the other day. It was painfully slow and it would have taken the whole day. Would need stock boot/recovery image at least.

Guest COSTII
On 28.02.2016 at 9:33 AM, KonstaT said:

Nah, don't feel like doing anything for any Huawei device with the current Y5 kernel source situation.

Tried downloading Y6 stock firmware from Huawei site the other day. It was painfully slow and it would have taken the whole day. Would need stock boot/recovery image at least.

i have downloaded stock huawei y6 and posted the link with it here

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, COSTII said:

i have downloaded stock huawei y6 and posted the link with it here

???

Already said I'm not going to TWRP or anything else to any Huawei devices as long as they keep violating GPLv2. I don't have this device anyway so why bother...

• 6 months later...