Latest OTA installed and now only boots to recovery. anyone help?.

Guest Gavjbrown

Guest Gavjbrown

Hi All, any chance someone can point me in the right direction to fix my phone.

I installed the latest OTA and now the phone Sticks on the "powered by android" screen for a while and the reboots to stock recovery.

Any help would be great.

Guest Gavjbrown
6 minutes ago, mrflibbles said:

Can you wipe the cache and attempt a reboot?

yes, tried wiping cache and it just reboots to recovery again. 

Guest Gavjbrown

Thanks for the link, ive had a read but still not sure what I need to do from here. All I can do is boot to stock recovery and flashing a stock rom or stock recovery fails. 

IMG_20160330_150848.jpg

Guest BlueMoonRising
3 hours ago, Gavjbrown said:

I've no idea if it's significant but in recovery mine says VDF-995NB01-UK_MRO1d.

Is yours German?

Guest gitanillo87
4 hours ago, Gavjbrown said:

If I then put an update.zip on the sd card and flash that, I get the below. 

IMG_20160330_142001.jpg

ok...try this

before,pay atention,this error on recovery are a verification error,maybe , you try to flash a uk update on portuguese(for example) rom soo if you want to bypass this error follow 

this instruction maybe it helps you

-open update.zip of update and go to updater-script file  rute: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

-open the file with any text editor or similar

-delete the 2 first lines,started "getprop......"

110wy09.jpg

-save file with the same name save update.zip....repack if nedeed

-try to flash from sdcard 

Edited by gitanillo87

Guest Gavjbrown
1 hour ago, BlueMoonRising said:

I've no idea if it's significant but in recovery mine says VDF-995NB01-UK_MRO1d.

Is yours German?

No its not German but maybe it's something Ive done to it in the past 

Guest Gavjbrown
29 minutes ago, gitanillo87 said:

ok...try this

before,pay atention,this error on recovery are a verification error,maybe , you try to flash a uk update on portuguese(for example) rom soo if you want to bypass this error follow 

this instruction maybe it helps you

-open update.zip of update and go to updater-script file  rute: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

-open the file with any text editor or similar

-delete the 2 first lines,started "getprop......"

110wy09.jpg

-save file with the same name save update.zip....repack if nedeed

-try to flash from sdcard 

Thanks, I'll try this now. 

Guest Gavjbrown

Unzipped update.zip and edited the 2 lines with notepad++.  Saved and rezipped. Just tried to flash it and it says as the photo. 

IMG_20160330_203151.jpg

Guest gitanillo87
Unzipped update.zip and edited the 2 lines with notepad++.  Saved and rezipped. Just tried to flash it and it says as the photo. 

IMG_20160330_203151.jpg

sorry i forget youbhave the stock recovery..for solution you need to know wich rom did you have...

Guest gitanillo87
Good question, it was the latest rom other than the update which came out today (If that makes any sense).

Thank you .

uk rom?

Guest BlueMoonRising
11 hours ago, Gavjbrown said:

Yes, I think so. 

Thanks 

Yours says VDF-995NB02-DE01b, mine is VDF-995NB01-UK_MRO1d although I installed the Turkish rom. I'm UK based BTW and bought it off Amazon UK so presumably it's as indicated, a UK SU6. Yours appears to be German which is perhaps why it threw a wobbler in the OTA update. Can I ask where you got your from? Silly question perhaps (we have had someone trying to put a SU6 rom on a Smart Prime 6 on here) but is it a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone?

Guest Gavjbrown
1 hour ago, BlueMoonRising said:

Yours says VDF-995NB02-DE01b, mine is VDF-995NB01-UK_MRO1d although I installed the Turkish rom. I'm UK based BTW and bought it off Amazon UK so presumably it's as indicated, a UK SU6. Yours appears to be German which is perhaps why it threw a wobbler in the OTA update. Can I ask where you got your from? Silly question perhaps (we have had someone trying to put a SU6 rom on a Smart Prime 6 on here) but is it a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone?

It came from a Vodafone shop here in the UK. The problems I'm having must be caused by something I've done previously. I'll look into the possibility of the rom being German. Yes, its a smart ultra 6. 

Thanks 

Edited by Gavjbrown

Guest BlueMoonRising
On 31/03/2016 at 11:41 AM, Gavjbrown said:

It came from a Vodafone shop here in the UK. The problems I'm having must be caused by something I've done previously. I'll look into the possibility of the rom being German. Yes, its a smart ultra 6. 

Thanks 

That's looking like a visit to the Vodafone shop to me I'm afraid.

Guest deaglecat

(OP sorry I can't be any help)

.... but thank you.  

I was gonna update (53% downloaded) when I saw this thread.    Now I have cancelled until we get confirmation whether this is an isolated incident or a borked upgrade.

UPDATE: Never mind...risked it and it worked fine.   apparently it does fix the BT headset/call ringing problem.

Deag,

Edited by deaglecat

Guest anafernandes27

Go to ZTE's website and download the stock rom. Copy the update.zip to your sd card and install that through the stock recovery.