Vodafone Smart platinum 7 - thoughts?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dulpit

If it can be rooted and develops a bit of a mod community - then looks fab. If they hamstring root access for devices and don't upgrade much (like the Smart Ultra 6) then it's a disappointment...

Guest PaulOBrien

It's ZTE based, like the SU6, so the same root constraints probably apply?

As regards to future updates, hard to say, but Vodafone don't exactly have the best record!

P

Guest russy1982

to be honest for £300 id probably go for something else that will have a lot higher following, samsung, htc etc

anyway i wouldnt pay 300 for a mobile, ill be sticking to budget, its all i need

Guest PaulOBrien
9 minutes ago, russy1982 said:

to be honest for £300 id probably go for something else that will have a lot higher following, samsung, htc etc

anyway i wouldnt pay 300 for a mobile, ill be sticking to budget, its all i need

It'll be interesting to see how the price drops, like the SU6 did from £150 to £100.

At £200 this device would be very interesting!

P

Guest russy1982

yea i agree, i just cant see hardly anyone buying it at £300, ill be sticking with my SU6 for a while yet, probs another year, i dont really care about not having the latest android version..

Guest Wayne877

It's a really good upgrade to the smart ultra 6 (2K screen, SD652, fingerprint sensor) but I winced when I saw the price especially when you consider other phones at around the same price point (zenfone 3 deluxe, motto z and out today - oneplus 3)

So I suppose the question is, does a 2K screen have the same value as a SD820?

Edited by Wayne877

Guest BlueMoonRising
5 hours ago, russy1982 said:

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

The next time I update I might go a different route anyway, looking for a second hand former high tier phone that's been totally hacked by modders with a choice of the various roms based on whatever is the latest Android version.

Guest ohyesman

It's looks nice but it's too expensive compared to say the one plus 2 or 3 as similar prices and even better specs. Honor 5x would be a better alternative if not for the ui.

There should be a smart ultra 7 too as the foreign highlights had a smart ultra 7 and a smart ultra 7 pro which is this phone renamed.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-7-and-Pro-7-EXIST-Videos/td-p/2497112

Here a little unboxing video in english

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/vodafone-smart-platinum-7-unboxing-first-look-hands-on-review

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

iPhone SE for £60 more, thank you very much indeed :)

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest reedo_17

Looks decent, but with the Oneplus 3 out I'd probably go with that for the same price.

2k screen sounds nice though. Cannot see it having much official or non official support, especially as the smart ultra 6 has only just started getting some roms

Edited by reedo_17

Guest ohyesman

On such a small screen I see no point of a screen res over 1080... all it really does is drain the battery.

This phone will not sell well, not like the SU6, too expensive compared other alternatives for the same price which are better spec'ed too.

Looking at getting a new phone soon, want to stick with a 5.5 inch screen as used to it and my old phone which is 5" seems ssooo small now lol. Would get the one plus 2 over this, or the new oneplus 3. Even prefer to save £130 and buy a honor 5x

Be interested to see if it has the same quibbles with storage etc on there amended version of android.... they have done something to the WiFi which is annoying but has been done to save power, but has led to me having to return an expensive smart home alarm and automation system as it never worked correctly on this phone, but worked fine on every other phone we tested on it!!!!

Should just stick with stock android and stick there crap apps on it rather than messing with the system

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...