[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest risoterapia
Some good news for a change!

https://twitter.com/konstatuomio/status/798515915319033856

Jide Technology (company developing Remix OS) has released Linux kernel source code for Chuwi Vi10 Plus. I requested it last thursday and it was released today. :D Jide sets great example how companies should manage their open source obligations (unlike e.g. Huawei who took dozens of emails and 11 months to finally release kernel source for my Y5 last week). 

https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51

Outstanding!

Next is getting kernel for hi10 pro

And good news for CM13 too

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, rob4x4 said:

Great news. Well done KonstaT.

Is audio via HDMI working now? That's the one thing I need to switch to this ROM.

There's bunch of intel multi display enhancements (wifi display, hdmi) I have no plan on porting over CyanogenMod. I don't need HDMI for anything so it's really not on top of any todo list.

34 minutes ago, risoterapia said:

Outstanding!

Next is getting kernel for hi10 pro

And good news for CM13 too

Yes, it will help with some things in CM13 (e.g. SELinux) but no, I doubt it's going to help with the suspend failure issue. I'd need Cherry Trail Marshmallow BSP or Marshmallow kernel source for some other Cherry Trail device to update e.g. intel display/media kernel drivers to match the Marshmallow userspace blobs I'm already using. Qualcomm devices are great for development because you'll always have CAF as a reference. Intel has already abandoned android-ia and it was always incomplete anyway.

This is good news for mainline Linux porting (e.g. running some 'real' Linux distro). This also opens a possibility for porting other mobile Linux operating system like Sailfish OS...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest FatFreddyDK
Some good news for a change!

https://twitter.com/konstatuomio/status/798515915319033856

Jide Technology (company developing Remix OS) has released Linux kernel source code for Chuwi Vi10 Plus. I requested it last thursday and it was released today. :D Jide sets great example how companies should manage their open source obligations (unlike e.g. Huawei who took dozens of emails and 11 months to finally release kernel source for my Y5 last week). 

https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51

Will this give us, with cribbled vi10plus due to freeze, any hope? Just a tiny little hope would be nice, as I really hates Windows big time.

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Will this give us, with cribbled vi10plus due to freeze, any hope? Just a tiny little hope would be nice, as I really hates Windows big time.

All hope is not lost yet.

Guest FatFreddyDK

All hope is not lost yet.

[emoji4] If it was only up to Chuwi, all hope was lost by now. But its not easy when we do not know what is wrong. If there will be something to test i will be happy to do that. Have running Windows for some days and no freezes occured, but it was sluggish experience. I am back to android and take the freezes as they come. I/we can't thank you and yener90 enough for trying to fix these issues.

It appears I've found a fix for device not going in deep sleep state with keyboard attached:

Create file /data/system/devices/idc/SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc with the following content:

device.internal = 1

Tested on: CM12.1, Chuwi Hi10 Plus, soft keyboard cover.

It appears that keyboard is generating events regularly which prevents tablet from entering sleep state (or rather- waking up shortly after).

Related documentation: https://source.android.com/devices/input/input-device-configuration-files.html

device.internal

Definition: device.internal = 0 | 1

Specifies whether the input device is an internal built-in component as opposed to an externally attached (most likely removable) peripheral.

• If the value is 0, the device is external.

• If the value is 1, the device is internal.

• If the value is not specified, the default value is 0 for all devices on the USB (BUS_USB) or Bluetooth (BUS_BLUETOOTH) bus, 1 otherwise.

This property determines default policy decisions regarding wake events.

Internal input devices generally do not wake the display from sleep unless explicitly configured to do so in the key layout file or in a hardcoded policy rule. This distinction prevents key presses and touches from spuriously waking up your phone when it is in your pocket. Usually there are only a small handful of wake keys defined.

Conversely, external input devices usually wake the device more aggressively because they are assumed to be turned off or not plugged in during transport. For example, pressing any key on an external keyboard is a good indicator that the user wants the device to wake up and respond.

Edited by festlv
Removed keyboard.builtIn, see KonstaT post below

Guest KonstaT
9 hours ago, festlv said:

It appears I've found a fix for device not going in deep sleep state with keyboard attached:

Create file /data/system/devices/idc/SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc with the following content:

device.internal = 1
keyboard.builtIn = 1

Tested on: CM12.1, Chuwi Hi10 Plus, soft keyboard cover.

It appears that keyboard is generating events regularly which prevents tablet from entering sleep state (or rather- waking up shortly after).

Related documentation: https://source.android.com/devices/input/input-device-configuration-files.html

Awesome!

Confirmed this also works on my device. Put the config to /system/usr/idc/SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc instead, though. This also disables device waking from keyboard or mouse button press which is either good or bad depending who you ask.

Edit. Just 'device.internal = 1' is enough. 'keyboard.builtIn = 1' causes problems with both hw and virtual keyboard for me.

Edited by KonstaT

Glad to hear it's not just my tablet/keyboard.

KonstaT: I'd like to thank you for your work on freeing this tablet! Without your work (root/TWRP/CM build), I wouldn't have been able to find/apply this fix.

If anyone from Chuwi/Jide is reading this: please take this as an example how community can fix your bugs, if only you let them (at least root access for power users)!

Guest farakes
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Awesome!

Confirmed this also works on my device. Put the config to /system/usr/idc/SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc instead, though. This also disables device waking from keyboard or mouse button press which is either good or bad depending who you ask.

Edit. Just 'device.internal = 1' is enough. 'keyboard.builtIn = 1' causes problems with both hw and virtual keyboard for me.

amazing find!, thanks to both of you!

works here too (Chuwi V10 Plus)

Hi KonstaT,

Have you tried to apply the flashable patch to the CM13 build that you have made for the Hi10 Plus?
I am wondering if the tablet will enter deep sleep after this patch. I am not sure the deep sleep problem with the CM13 is  related to something else. I really like the CM13. It performs better and I haven't had any reboots or freezes while running it.

Thank you!

Guest yener90
10 hours ago, mtdb said:

Hi KonstaT,

Have you tried to apply the flashable patch to the CM13 build that you have made for the Hi10 Plus?
I am wondering if the tablet will enter deep sleep after this patch. I am not sure the deep sleep problem with the CM13 is  related to something else. I really like the CM13. It performs better and I haven't had any reboots or freezes while running it.

Thank you!

This is just for the keyboard deep sleep issue. CM13 is currently unknown.. It can be everything: kernel issue, driver issue, BIOS conflict etc

On 18.11.2016 at 8:44 PM, KonstaT said:

Hi, I Chuwi Hi10 Pro user, set your firmware CyanogenMod 12.1, there is a Problem. The games sound is late for one second from the animation, could you please fix. I will be very grateful.

Guest KonstaT
23 hours ago, TABU89 said:

Hi, I Chuwi Hi10 Pro user, set your firmware CyanogenMod 12.1, there is a Problem. The games sound is late for one second from the animation, could you please fix. I will be very grateful.

Logcat?

This has been reported on Cube iWork8 Ultimate/Air as well but I haven't looked into it yet. Audio implementation is nothing but prebuilt blobs extracted from stock firmware so there's not much I can do about it.

Guest KonstaT

Here's a kernel I built and I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm quite confident that this will fix the notorius 'freezing issue' or at least improve the situation drastically (haven't had a single freeze with this patch set). AFAICT it's the shitty Ncard eMMC to blame.

cm-12.1-20161028-chuwi_vi10plus-kernel.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862684395
md5:8ecfc50979e166b2a3e4a542013a8c4f

-completely new bringup cleaning up all kinds of Chuwi cruft
-update mmc drivers
-add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, Domcat said:

Hello KostaT

Can be used with HiBook pro?

thanks

16 minutes ago, tyutyu73 said:

Hi KostaT!

I'm interested too!

Thank you for your work!!!

You mean the kernel?

It's only for Vi10/Hi10 Plus for now. Hi10 Pro should be easy to bring up later, too.

Actually I don't even know what touchscreen, sensor, etc hardware (besides 5mpix rear facing camera) Hibook Pro has. Can someone do

cat /sys/class/input/*/name

in 'adb shell'/Terminal Emulator.

There's no 'freezing issue' on Hibook Pro anyway, right?

Guest tyutyu73
29 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Úgy érti, a kernel?

Ez csak az Vi10 / Hi10 Plus most. Hi10 Pro legyen könnyű, hogy később is.

Igazából nem is tudom, mi érintőképernyő, érzékelő, stb hardver (amellett 5mpix hátrafelé néző kamera) Hibook Pro. Tud valaki csinálni

az "ADB shell" / Terminal Emulator.

Nincs "fagyasztás kérdés 'on Hibook Pro egyébként, ugye?

Everything is OK!

Applications are still closed.

Memory management is still bad.

I try to ADB

Sorry for bad english..

Guest FatFreddyDK

Here's a kernel I built and I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm quite confident that this will fix the notorius 'freezing issue' or at least improve the situation drastically (haven't had a single freeze with this patch set). AFAICT it's the shitty Ncard eMMC to blame.

cm-12.1-20161028-chuwi_vi10plus-kernel.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862684395

md5:8ecfc50979e166b2a3e4a542013a8c4f

-completely new bringup cleaning up all kinds of Chuwi cruft

-update mmc drivers

-add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default

Fantastic news Konsta T :-) I will flash asap when i come home and let you know how things are going. You are the man.

For the keyboard wake issue, it seems the fix works 100%.

Ps. I saw this comment at Chuwi forum today:

LucboucimYesterday 18:34

I did a fresh install of android (recover mode) with 8GB partition and the table does not freeze anymore. If I flash with android and a 32 GB partition then it will freeze. So may be the freez proble is a memory problem

I will try this too but on my second vi10plus...

With hibook pro the command

gives:

Power Button
Lid Switch
gslX680
CM3218_ALS
cherrytrailaud BYT-CR Audio Jack
Power Button
Video Bus
hall_switch
bma250
LIZHICHIP USB Keyboard
LIZHICHIP USB Keyboard
gpio-keys
gpio-keys

I have got the HW keyboard

thanks

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I did a fresh install of android (recover mode) with 8GB partition and the table does not freeze anymore. If I flash with android and a 32 GB partition then it will freeze. So may be the freez proble is a memory problem

I will try this too but on my second vi10plus...

Memory probably means storage there... Well, that's my conclusion, too. Hi10 Pro runs practically the same kernel and there was never any problem there (has Samsung eMMC instead of Ncard). Or otherwise it's some BIOS issue and that can't be fixed without firmware update from Chuwi.

6 hours ago, Domcat said:

With hibook pro the command

gives:

Power Button
Lid Switch
gslX680
CM3218_ALS
cherrytrailaud BYT-CR Audio Jack
Power Button
Video Bus
hall_switch
bma250
LIZHICHIP USB Keyboard
LIZHICHIP USB Keyboard
gpio-keys
gpio-keys

I have got the HW keyboard

thanks

Thanks. Looks like it has same touchscreen and sensor hardware as Vi10/Hi10 Plus/Pro. I know it has ov5648 camera but the kernel source has a driver so that shouldn't be a problem. I can probably use the same source to build kernel for Hi10 Pro and Hibook10 Pro just by hacking the touchscreen driver a bit. We'll see, it's not a priority right now.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Memory probably means storage there... Well, that's my conclusion, too. Hi10 Pro runs practically the same kernel and there was never any problem there (has Toshiba eMMC instead of Ncard). Or otherwise it's some BIOS issue and that can't be fixed without firmware update from Chuwi.

Thanks. Looks like it has same touchscreen and sensor hardware as Vi10/Hi10 Plus/Pro. I know it has ov5648 camera but the kernel source has driver for that so that shouldn't be a problem. I can probably use the same source to build kernel for Hi10 Pro and Hibook10 Pro just by hacking the touchscreen driver a bit. We'll see, it's not a priority right now.

Hibook Pro has a higher resolution, maybe that is the problem: 2560 x 1600

I saw in sources of v10 in touch screen is 1280x800 given, do you know why?