[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's an early taste of Marshmallow for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro & Hibook. Hibook Pro and Hi12 are no longer supported due to lack of kernel source. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod/LineageOS team. It's for advanced users only.

Screenshot_20161108-121559.png

Screenshot_20161108-121620.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

lineage-13.0-20171020-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • HDMI
  • Houdini
  • Keyboard dock
  • Network/wifi location
  • SD cards
  • Sensors
  • Stylus pen (HiPen H2)
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)
  • USB storage (MTP and PTP) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi
  • Wifi-tethering

Not working:

• ???

Issues:

• SELinux is disabled
  • Distortion in photos (issue with mismatching Lollipop camera drivers & Marshmallow display drivers)
  • Audio not routed through HDMI

Sources:

• CyanogenMod/LineageOS team & everyone who's been working on CM13
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

20.10. changelog:

• fix issue with slow wakeup from deep sleep
  • fix long press on capasitive home key (thanks to yener90)
  • patch recently disclosed BlueBorne and KRACK vulnerabilities
  • Android security patch level: 1 October 2017 (merged)

8.5. changelog:

• Android security patch level: 1 April 2017 (merged)

28.1. 2017 changelog:

• rebrand to LineageOS
  • fix bluetooth audio
  • fix lights HAL to allow lower minimum brightness
  • integrated kernel build
  • Android security patch level: 1 December 2016 (merged)

9.12. changelog:

• build kernel & modules from source
  • completely new kernel bring up based on Intel Marshmallow reference (3.14.64) cleaning up all kinds of Chuwi cruft
  • update to Linux 3.14.79
  • update kernel mmc drivers to fix 'freezing issue'
  • add configs for external keyboard docks to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue' (thanks to festlv)
  • fix deep sleep with the new Marshmallow kernel
  • add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
  • patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 5 November 2016 (merged)

8.11. changelog:

• initial release

Previous builds:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
  6. (install Hi10 Pro/Hibook/Hibook Pro/Hi12 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. install open_gapps-x86-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  8. reboot system

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About tablet -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions.

Q: I have Hi10 Pro. What should I do?
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP. Hi10 Pro (z8350 - serial no HQ64) is not supported because of hardware changes and lack of kernel source code.

lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip

Q: I have Hibook. What should I do?  
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP. (thanks to zltnngy for Hibook kernel bring up)

lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-chuwi_vi10plus-Hibook.zip

Q: I have Hibook Pro. What should I do?
A: Hibook Pro is no longer supported after 20161108 build. There's no kernel source available for Hibook Pro.

Q: I have Hi12. What should I do?
A: Hi12 is no longer supported after 20161108 build. There's no kernel source available for Hi12.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest FatFreddyDK

Wow. You are a star. Screen wake issue is gone with this rom (vi10plus) Great. I dont know yet about the freeze problem. I did have 2 freezes on first boot. One on optimize app and one shorts after when choosing language. After that i have had no problems. I will watch a lot YouTube then we will know. Betterbattrystats reported deepsleep on 12.1 assuming it works there, and as you say, no deepsleep here. I am very optimistic. Donate to you.. Thank you so much for your work.

Update. Freezing issue is the same, unfortunately. 

Edited by FatFreddyDK
Edit

Guest yener90

Thank you, great work. Donated to you :)

EDIT: I looked everywhere couldnt find anything.

Is there any possibility to disable mouse & keyboard wake up on Android?

Edited by yener90

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Wow. You are a star. Screen wake issue is gone with this rom (vi10plus) Great. I dont know yet about the freeze problem. I did have 2 freezes on first boot. One on optimize app and one shorts after when choosing language. After that i have had no problems. I will watch a lot YouTube then we will know. Betterbattrystats reported deepsleep on 12.1 assuming it works there, and as you say, no deepsleep here. I am very optimistic. Donate to you.. Thank you so much for your work.

Update. Freezing issue is the same, unfortunately. 

Like already repeated several times, 'freezing issue' is not going anywhere without firmware update from Chuwi.

'Keyboard dock wake issue' hasn't gone anywhere either. It just doesn't manifest itself here right now because device already fails to enter deep sleep for whole another reason. If that ever gets fixed, 'keyboard dock wake issue' will return for sure.

2 hours ago, yener90 said:

Thank you, great work. Donated to you :)

EDIT: I looked everywhere couldnt find anything.

Is there any possibility to disable mouse & keyboard wake up on Android?

Not exactly sure what you're asking. If there was some easy way to do that, wouldn't it also fix the 'keyboard dock wake issue'?

Guest FatFreddyDK
22 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Like already repeated several times, 'freezing issue' is not going anywhere without firmware update from Chuwi.

'Keyboard dock wake issue' hasn't gone anywhere either. It just doesn't manifest itself here right now because device already fails to enter deep sleep for whole another reason. If that ever gets fixed, 'keyboard dock wake issue' will return for sure.

Not exactly sure what you're asking. If there was some easy way to do that, wouldn't it also fix the 'keyboard dock wake issue'?

I knew that chuwi was the only ones solve freezing, and thanks for explaining the keyboard /deepsleep thing. I wish I knew how to wake up Chuwi. Its like wakening the dead :-(

If chuwi released kernel source, would that provide any hope for these issues?

Guest yener90
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

If tablet is in sleep, I can wake it up by moving mouse or using keyboard. is there a possibility to disable this? I only want to wake it up using power button, nothing more. maybe a adb shell command or something like that?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I knew that chuwi was the only ones solve freezing, and thanks for explaining the keyboard /deepsleep thing. I wish I knew how to wake up Chuwi. Its like wakening the dead :-(

If chuwi released kernel source, would that provide any hope for these issues?

Yeah, kernel source could potentially help. It's possible that these issues have something to do with BIOS or bootloader, too. There's at least some indication to some BIOS problem I've come across debugging these various suspend/resume issues ('keyboard dock wake issue' and one in CM13 now).

<7>[53212.094978] ACPI Exception: AE_ERROR, Returned by Handler for [GeneralPurposeIo] (20131218/evregion-297)
<7>[53212.095023] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0._PS0] (Node ffff8800748428e8), AE_ERROR (20131218/psparse-536)

If tablet is in sleep, I can wake it up by moving mouse or using keyboard. is there a possibility to disable this? I only want to wake it up using power button, nothing more. maybe a adb shell command or something like that?

Not that I'm aware. Something like that would resolve a lot of issues right now...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90

I realized following:

After first boot, deep sleep works. But after that it doesnt work anymore. So i believe not the go to deep sleep is broken, more the woke up and giving the possibility to go sleep again is broken. 

The mtk community giving possibility to use old kernel (kitkat kernel) with marshmallow. Maybe you can find there the solve for this problem.

Guest risoterapia
I realized following:

After first boot, deep sleep works. But after that it doesnt work anymore. So i believe not the go to deep sleep is broken, more the woke up and giving the possibility to go sleep again is broken. 

The mtk community giving possibility to use old kernel (kitkat kernel) with marshmallow. Maybe you can find there the solve for this problem.

It didn't happen to me.

I restarted tablet a lot of times and always go to deep sleep.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, yener90 said:

I realized following:

No, it has never worked (logs or it didn't happen ;)). Done a clean installation on two different devices couple of dozen times.

It's a suspend failure issue. I can see what's going on in the logs. No idea what is causing it, though. Not even sure if it's a kernel issue (in that case couldn't do anything about without kernel source anyway).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
22 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No, it has never worked (logs or it didn't happen ;)). Done a clean installation on two different devices couple of dozen times.

It's a suspend failure issue. I can see what's going on in the logs. No idea what is causing it, though. Not even sure if it's a kernel issue (in that case couldn't do anything about without kernel source anyway).

Was my assumption. it didn't spend too much battery also it took a while to turn tablet on from "sleep mode" like on stock. other times it didn't worked. it turned on immediately and drained battery. I always use logcat couldn't see the error? also dmsg. how do you analyze it?

Guest KonstaT
On 11/11/2016 at 11:04 AM, yener90 said:

Was my assumption. it didn't spend too much battery also it took a while to turn tablet on from "sleep mode" like on stock. other times it didn't worked. it turned on immediately and drained battery. I always use logcat couldn't see the error? also dmsg. how do you analyze it?

There's

[  473.430899] PM: Wakeup pending, aborting suspend
[  473.430909] active wakeup source: event10

repeating in dmesg. It's really hard to miss.

Guest yener90
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

There's

[  473.430899] PM: Wakeup pending, aborting suspend
[  473.430909] active wakeup source: event10

repeating in dmesg. It's really hard to miss.

Thank you, i found it now. 

EDIT: it's a driver issue. you used medions predefined libraries which is not bad, but conflicts with lollipop kernel :( are there no sources of Intel?

Edited by yener90

Guest KonstaT
15 hours ago, yener90 said:

Thank you, i found it now. 

EDIT: it's a driver issue. you used medions predefined libraries which is not bad, but conflicts with lollipop kernel :( are there no sources of Intel?

What driver issue exactly? Please share if you have actual information indicating this.

I have couple of Lollipop gmin kernel sources. They're missing device specific drivers so things like touchscreen and audio won't work.

Guest yener90
On 13.11.2016 at 2:07 PM, KonstaT said:

What driver issue exactly? Please share if you have actual information indicating this.

I have couple of Lollipop gmin kernel sources. They're missing device specific drivers so things like touchscreen and audio won't work.

i searched for the error in binaries, found in most library files of your medion. I could ask medion again for the sources of medion, but i saw they implemented bios update. Some users wanted to downgrade to 5.1 but was not possible causing borken audio. So we will need to port kernel ourselves

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, yener90 said:

i searched for the error in binaries, found in most library files of your medion. I could ask medion again for the sources of medion, but i saw they implemented bios update. Some users wanted to downgrade to 5.1 but was not possible causing borken audio. So we will need to port kernel ourselves

What error? What binaries came up?

Guest yener90

I searched for everything which is _ps0 related, found those files.

Some of those call something with _ps0 related wrongly which causes this error, my guess. I can edit partly libraries but that amount of code is really not easy to reverse engine.

Unbenannt.jpg

Guest KonstaT

I searched for everything which is _ps0 related, found those files.

Some of those call something with _ps0 related wrongly which causes this error, my guess. I can edit partly libraries but that amount of code is really not easy to reverse engine.

If you mean this 'error'

[  472.440983] ACPI Exception: AE_ERROR, Returned by Handler for [GeneralPurposeIo] (20131218/evregion-297)
[  472.441032] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0._PS0] (Node ffff8800748428e8), AE_ERROR (20131218/psparse-536)

that's actually 'normal' - just some log spam. It's there on CM12.1 as well and even when the suspend succeeds. Unrelated to the issue in CM13.

It's kernel spewing that message anyway (here & here), not any of the binary drivers.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

If you mean this 'error'

[  472.440983] ACPI Exception: AE_ERROR, Returned by Handler for [GeneralPurposeIo] (20131218/evregion-297)
[  472.441032] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0._PS0] (Node ffff8800748428e8), AE_ERROR (20131218/psparse-536)

that's actually 'normal' - just some log spam. It's there on CM12.1 as well and even when the suspend succeeds. Unrelated to the issue in CM13.

It's kernel spewing that message anyway (here & here), not any of the binary drivers.

Looks like can't help you :( I will go to medion nerves until they release the kernel :P

Edited by yener90

Guest KonstaT

Looks like can't help you :( I will go to medion nerves until they release the kernel :P

Already wrote them couple of email myself. They had no idea what kernel source or GPLv2 is.

There's a kernel source for Lenovo Yogabook available. It has Cherry Trail chipset and Marshmallow. Having no reference point whatsoever (besides mainline Linux tag which doesn't help much) makes these kernels really difficult to work with. Have to again praise Qualcomm for CAF.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/open_source_code/lenovo_yb1_x90f_l_osc_201608.zip

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iKrautDroid

Holy s***, this is pretty damn awesome!

I haven't been on MoDaCo for years and now I find this. 

KonstaT, I remember your work back on the Blade, so happy to see you working on one of the tablets I currently own! Keep it up!

Of course, Nougat with Multiwindow is the ultimate dream here!

Edited by iKrautDroid