[PORT][ROM][13.12.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
41 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

Hi, thank you very much for the ROM! It is my first RemixOS and feel something is missing. How to create WIDGETS?? I need TitaniumBackup widgets to quickly batch freeze or unfreeze sets of applications. And maybe in RemixOS launcher is there any other way to have it

There's no widgets in Remix OS desktop and you can't really change the default launcher either.

Guest hibookpro

Hi konsta T

I flashed the offical hi10 pro phoneix os on my hibook pro. Every goes well except touch and smoother than remix os. However, I cant use the touch screen. Can I know how to port this tooch driver source of the remix os to the phoneix os? Or will you port this build to other chuwi devixes (like hibook pro z8350)? Thanks.a

http://bbs.chuwi.com/thread-20436-1-1.html

Guest pawwaap

Wouldn't you lower the minimal screen brightness? It is too bright in the evening and unnecessary drains battery with current of ~1A

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, hibookpro said:

Hi konsta T

I flashed the offical hi10 pro phoneix os on my hibook pro. Every goes well except touch and smoother than remix os. However, I cant use the touch screen. Can I know how to port this tooch driver source of the remix os to the phoneix os? Or will you port this build to other chuwi devixes (like hibook pro z8350)? Thanks.a

http://bbs.chuwi.com/thread-20436-1-1.html

Already done a port for my Vi10 Plus. It's available for download on my androidfilehost account. I'm not going to do compatibility patches or any proper release as that build is quite buggy (e.g. pressing home button causes a soft reboot).

23 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

Wouldn't you lower the minimal screen brightness? It is too bright in the evening and unnecessary drains battery with current of ~1A

Have already released a patch for that. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, pawwaap said:

Would you do something to decrease this minimal brightness further?

I don't see any reason for that.

It's already been discussed how to change the brightness manually (echo 'value' > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness). You can write a script or something like someone already did.

Guest pawwaap

It works, thank you! However it needs activate Avery time screen is on, where to place script screen on would trigger it?

And another question please, how to make CoolTool work in RemixOS? It works somehow however its window floats and migrates in chaotic manner throughout the whole screen.

And maybe you would suggest another application showing system resources usage in real time, and displaying it constantly e.g. in notifications?

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, pawwaap said:

It works, thank you! However it needs activate Avery time screen is on, where to place script screen on would trigger it?

And another question please, how to make CoolTool work in RemixOS? It works somehow however its window floats and migrates in chaotic manner throughout the whole screen.

And maybe you would suggest another application showing system resources usage in real time, and displaying it constantly e.g. in notifications?

Tasker can probably do that.

I don't see reason why anyone would need such app. Developer options has settings for the stuff that's actually useful for debugging.

Guest pawwaap

Yes, indeed, it can, however why introducing another utility, no simpler to lower minimal brightness to the hardware limit? It's nicer to allow user to decide :)

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, pawwaap said:

Yes, indeed, it can, however why introducing another utility, no simpler to lower minimal brightness to the hardware limit? It's nicer to allow user to decide :)

Sure, send me one each of the six devices I'm trying to support here so I can check the hardware limitations. Even initially managed to break sht on half the devices with something as simple as the lights HAL just because they're different...

And no, I have zero interest/reason in doing something like that on a firmware I have no intention of using. You want that - you do that yourself. Then share your findings with other people.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, pawwaap said:

And what about battery log, where to check how battery is drained? In Settings trying to find relevant position but it lacks it.

That's something you need to ask from Jide why Remix OS doesn't have such menu.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest pawwaap
There's no widgets in Remix OS desktop and you can't really change the default launcher either.

And what would RemixOS offer instead to have shortcuts, especially of batch freeze/unfreeze of sets of applications, like TitaniumBackup widgets can?

Guest pawwaap

About battery log, it is there! It's just hidden in main system Settings (why?)

If using e.g. Xposed modules like Gesture Navigation or GravityBox with its pie or application launcher, where you can define so called SHORTCUTS then you can pull out such shortcut from Settings app.

And maybe you can improve RemixOS power menu, especially for the option of rebooting into recovery? It's worth to install the small utility: jvShutdownMenu

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.litesoftteam.jvshutdownmenu&hl=en

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pawwaap

Any possibility to make some UI adjustments for improving this RemixOS experience, please?

Annoying deficiencies:

- windows tiltle bars are too thick, any chance to make them slimmer?

- windows' handlers to resize (bottom-right corner) are too small, veeery hard to catch them with fingers!

- Android's "Recents" is usable but windows which have been brought back on screen through it are cut in half vertically

And yet some status bar would improve user's experience too, e.g. would like to see Ampere readings in real time. In such big screen however full width status bar is a waste, it would suffice some floating bar of a size e.g. 5mm*25mm

I think these issues makes me feel eg the LineageOS MM or Cyanogenmod 12.1 LP for Chuwi supplemented with XFHW3 Xposed module provide better mutiwindow experience than RemixOS itself.

Guest pawwaap

Anybody knows why Amplify can't start in this RemixOS? And other Xposed modules work well, Amplify has been installed, activated as module, but after a boot when clicked its ui blinks for split second and stops, again the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, gtavo said:

I got bootloop after updating the binaries from supersu..., what a mess...

That's what nandroid backups are for...

Guest pawwaap

And these backups with TWRP of system and data proceed extremely fast in our Chuwies!

Anyways this bootloop you can repair editing directly the culprit system/data files and libraries from TWRP level. Access them with TWRP's FileManager.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, ZENKE said:

No Camera in Hi10Pro HQ64
it's impossible to enable ?

There should be any problem with camera. What stock firmware version was you device shipped with (another batch)?

Guest KonstaT
16 minutes ago, ZENKE said:

used this set
RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro-HQ64.zip

Not what I asked...