Software update

Guest MRSiPPY

Guest MRSiPPY

So I got a 'Software updates' notification this morning. If I look in Settings -> About phone -> Software updates, I can see that there is one online update available, but it doesn't say what it is. Holding off installing it until I know others have successfully.

Have obviously looked on here, and have looked at the Vodafone forums and Twitter for other people reporting this but haven't found anything.

Could it... Could it be... Marshmallow? Or Nougat even?

Guest Yepi69
2 minutes ago, MRSiPPY said:

So I got a 'Software updates' notification this morning. If I look in Settings -> About phone -> Software updates, I can see that there is one online update available, but it doesn't say what it is. Holding off installing it until I know others have successfully.

Have obviously looked on here, and have looked at the Vodafone forums and Twitter for other people reporting this but haven't found anything.

Could it... Could it be... Marshmallow? Or Nougat even?

How big is the update?

Guest MRSiPPY
27 minutes ago, Yepi69 said:

How big is the update?

I don't know, doesn't say. Didn't want to tap on "Online Update" in case it started installing.

Screenshot_2017-01-05-13-16-46.png

Guest Yepi69

Could it be the update they pushed that you mentioned here?

Anyways, I'm gonna backup my current cyanogenmod rom and reinstall stock to see what the fuzz is all about.

Guest MRSiPPY

I suppose it could be. How are those postings from the 6th of January i.e. tomorrow?

I'm on EE and I've never had a problem with 4G data.

@nhmanas I'm in the UK and haven't rooted/flashed my phone.

Guest nhmanas
3 minutes ago, MRSiPPY said:

I suppose it could be. How are those postings from the 6th of January i.e. tomorrow?

I'm on EE and I've never had a problem with 4G data.

@nhmanas I'm in the UK and haven't rooted/flashed my phone.

Then update it I'm curious about it :D

Guest Yepi69

Actually I agree with the user above, you should update it.
No harm in doing so since you never flashed or rooted your phone.

EDIT: I'm currently doing a backup on my phone but since the Stock ROM I'm about to use is from Portugal, I highly doubt its gonna update since there's nothing on the portuguese Vodafone forums too.

Edited by Yepi69

Guest MRSiPPY

OK updated. Still on Lollipop :( No idea what the update was. Just got a notification saying 'Your software has updated successfully". Here's my 'About phone' if it's of any use to any of you.

Screenshot_2017-01-05-14-03-25.png

Guest Yepi69

It just speeds up the phone a tiny bit and adds stability.

My guess is what they're preparing this phone to update to another system, otherwise they would just forget about this phone.

Guest MRSiPPY
Just now, Yepi69 said:

It just speeds up the phone a tiny bit and adds stability.

My guess is what they're preparing this phone to update to another system, otherwise they would just forget about this phone.

Interesting, you think we might be getting Marshmallow, finally?

Guest Yepi69
4 minutes ago, mrflibbles said:

I wonder which security patch it is. The Patch level now reads 1st May 2016 but what was it before?

It was the same, the patch level didn't change jack sh*t.

Again, pretty sure they're preparing this phone for a system update, why else would they care even after ultra 7 and Platinum 7 out?

Guest reedo_17
2 hours ago, mrflibbles said:

I wonder which security patch it is. The Patch level now reads 1st May 2016 but what was it before?

Im pretty sure it was 01/01 before...

Guest BlueMoonRising

I installed the Turkish rom (for the Dolby app) and can confirm it's available for that too. Interesting as I'd taken it for granted we'd been forgotten, I can't see why it would be a precursor to MM though as that OS is a complete replacement? It's taking longer than expected to install mind for a 39MB patch, could it be a replacement bootloader ready for MM or is that just being hopeful :)

Guest Roboffabike

I have got the update as well (UK stock 5.1.1). Really surprised as had assumed that the su6 had been long since forgotten.

But security patch only to 01/05/2016 is pretty rubbish...

No other obvious changes.