NXT-L29, unlocked bootl., Android 6.0, EMUI 4.0 - Can't Find Answers

Guest astandet

Guest astandet

Hello everyone. I need some guidance to avoid doing something irreversible. I had to resort to flashing twrp via SRKtools because all of the official versions for this model failed to work (stuck at 'bootloader unlocked' warning). Is this because they are all for EMUI>=4.1 while mine is 4.0? And why exactly does it matter? I would expect twrp to list compatible emui version(s) if it is so crucial. The srk one worked but asked for decryption password which I don't have. I want to flash magisk. Now, I read somewhere that I should deactivate dm-verity first, for example by flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt zip, also read flashing magisk takes care of it. Would it be a good idea to wipe-format /data, reboot to twrp, flash magisk and reboot to system? What can go wrong? Please shed some insight.

Edited by astandet
more info

• 1 month later...
Guest adeii

First of all, backup your data + internal storage from system!

Removing dm-verity and file-encryption from /vendor/etc/recovery.fstab (for recovery) and fstab.qcom (for system booting) must be followed with factory reset, formatting /data to remove encryption for /data and /internal_sd (or /sdcard). Default password for TWRP on older system was: default_password or your PIN lock or your lockscreen pattern...

If it works, you can decrypt userdata and back up /data via TWRP. Then flash dm-verity-opt-encrypt, format data and sdcard to remove file-encryption completely (or leave it at least as encryptable) and reboot to system and make initial settings. Then you can install Magisk Manager and restore decrypted backup...

Edited by adeii