How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Why does it still display O2 and T-Mobile as BTCellent and one2one?

Not sure.

You can ring T-Mobile and obtain a number, which if you text (for free obviously), updates "one2one" to T-Mobile.

T-Mob's landline number is 08454125000.

Guest pete1312

This does NOT appear to work with either Win 98SE (per Usman), nor with Win ME (per me).

Same as the bl**dy update, which we are now having to wait until 11:00am Tues for :!:

I'll try this again tomorrow (after my Win ME USB "connectivity problems" have been cured) - I'm still not taking any bets!!!!!!

Guest Maverick

For those of u who havent been able to unlock.. Does it say 'USB' at the bottom of the 3 colour 'canary' screen??? If it doesnt.. Then I think that could be the problem...

So... Now that we can UNLOCK the SPV, can everybody turn their attention to the task of overclocking it ??? !!! :roll: :shock: :) 8) :idea:

That would be like the Holy Grail of SPV tweaks !!

problem isn't with the phone now, its with the oprating system running and the the fact that the code is now old and most apps are being devolped for the XP standard

Guest pete1312
For those of u who havent been able to unlock.. Does it say 'USB' at the bottom of the 3 colour 'canary' screen??? If it doesnt.. Then I think that could be the problem...

YES - It says USB at the bottom (and ActiveSync works perfectly normally).

There appears to be a problem with Win ME (and possibly Win 98SE), not just with this Sim Unlock, but also with the Orange UK Update and also USB Modem Link.

I'm frankly so pee'd off that I'm off to buy Win XP tomorrow!!

Guest aiwapro

Does this unlock the browser settings too, because I'm in the U.S., and I want to be able to use it for GPRS with my GSM provider over here.

I haven't received the SPV yet, so someone please let me know if the code unlocks everything, or just unlocks the voice side of things, much like other phones.

just to clarify a few things. Orange will only make their update win98/ME compatible. ie : by changing some of their code probably. They will not be givig users updated files for win98/ME. That is the job of microsoft!

Guest MARKUKCOUK

just a quick tip for those using 98SE or ME

is it a problem with not stopping the Activesync process? (you cant see processes so easy in 98/ME)

try this

(connect it all up first, get it to canary 3 colours screen)

Hold CTRL + ALT + DEL

close all programs listed except explorer (you can only close one at a time, to close them all, press CTRL + ALT + DEL again)

when only Explorer is left open, close that too

Your computer might not be too happy and go a bit skitzo, but this is normal. the taskbar will dissappear, and then reappear. you should now be running the bare windows essentials. now try running the unlock code finder program.

let me know if it works

i love my spv again! not only have all the probs i had pre-update been resolved i can stick any sim in!!!

woo hoooooooo!

i had probs the first time with it sticking @ 0%

but i re-started my machine, stopped the active sync via ctrl alt delete, getting my phone in the 3 colour mode (holding the power and record button)

and it worked like a charm!

For those using Win98SE or WinME, did you try the following:

- As explained above, use ctrl-alt-del to kill the ActiveSync process (WCESCOMM.EXE)

- Verify that you have the following entry in the file wceusbsh.inf (usually in Windowsinf):

MSFT = "Microsoft"

USBVid_045E&Pid_00CE.DeviceDesc = "Microsoft USB Sync"

Should work with this.

I upgraded my swiss SPV, event though I was able to retrieve de code my boot menu is empty ? I have only " 8 Erase ISPM", nothing on other pages as well!

Any clue SPV wizards?

Nicolas

Guest DamianJauregui

When you start the SPV [holding the mic button when you power up] it puts you into the screen that says "press and hold action button, etc." Don't, just wait for it to go to the three colour screen, and then run the unlock.exe program...

Damian.

Just to clarify my problem

1. I upgraded my swiss SPV to latest version from yesterday

2. I downloaded SPVUnlock and used it successfully to retrieve a code

3. When going to the boot menu, I got 3 pages going from 0 to 8 with nothing but 8 ERASEIPSM, page 2 nothing in 0 to 7 and page 3 nothing from 0 to 3

I hope somebody can help me!

Nicolas

Guest Star_Dudy

Damn, it's so simple man !!

Now just put another sim card into the phone, start it, and when asked, just enter the code you got........

You need a complete manual for that ?