2 SPV Keypad buttons not working!

Guest RCAM

Guest RCAM

I have an Orange SPV. The button in the top left hand corner just under the screen and the 0 are not working. Once in a while they start working again. I am convinced its not a software issue. Any ideas?

Guest RCAM

I have no insurance on the phone because I imported it to the USA. I have had 10s of phones and never once have I had a key fail. I am convinced I can fix it somehow.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The one main tip i'd give is to bear in mind that despite how it looks, the back comes off first.

Remove the battery, SIM, and SD card then pull out the sliver of rubber at the bottom left of the battery cavity, and unclip the front. Then pull the bottom end of the silver top so it's free from the IO port and just slide your fingernail or a thin blunt knife along the grey part, it will all then unclip.

There is then a small screw at the top to remove the front of the casing.

Very high res pics: http://malvern.hamlesh.com:9091/spvpics/

/spvpics56k/ if you're on dialup.

Guest john.sw

I bought a digital camera in the USA and sent it back to Kodak in the UK. They didn't ask any questions, and simply mended it - no charge.

Do you think it is worth contacting the phone's distrubitor here in the UK before you take a hammer and a small axe to the phone? The worst that they can do is tell you to go away!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RCAM

There was no problem with the hardware of my SPV. I wonder if it could be software... Does anyone know where I might find the firmware and all that good stuff to replace?