Talking keypad

Guest midnight

Guest Syvwlch

I notice the original "Sound" values are NOT strings, but dwords. I've only played with the hash mark so far, and it now tries to dial whatever contact is at the top of the guess list when you press it. I don't think it did that before. :)

Any idea what is going on?

Guest midnight

yeh, the original is a dword, thats what the original tones normally refer to, thats why its now been changed to a string so that a location and wav file can be played on the keypress.

i've been using this for around 3-4 days now and not had any problems at all

Guest midnight

VERY strange, erm, try the menu popups instead of the keypad sounds, see if the problem is related in that way. If it doesnt play the menu popup sound then its a directory problem, if it does play then its a problem with the dtmf assignment

Guest Richie M

I didn't think the menu-pop sounds were working until i realised the System Sound in my Profile was set to 1, changed it to 4, nice and loud :) could that be your prob?

Guest midnight

ah yeh, good point, all these sounds are system sounds, the volume of the earpeice is not dierctly linked :wink:

so yeh, could be the profile

Guest midnight

hmmm, strange i cant link in any more button sounds, 'home' and 'back' would be nice

assigning sounds to every function would be great, such as 'programs', 'contacts', 'settings' etc., but impossible by the looks of it

Guest midnight

doesnt seem to work, tried those :)

if anyone else gets it working let me know and i'llmake the wavs for it

correction, some work...

i'll upload soon (fembot voice theme only for now)

Guest midnight

ok, 3 more added, again, if you just need these 3 wavs just grab this file, otherwise, grab the file off the 'fembot2.zip' file off the first page which includes these wavs aswell.

registry keys....

'error.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Warning

'callerror.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/CallDrop

(make sure category is set to InCall)

'dialing.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Dialing

(make sure category is set to InCall)

the incall ones will be quiet, but thats cos the profile is set that way so it doesnt deafen you when you have yer ear to the phone.

fembot_additional2.zip

Guest midnight

if any of you guys have requests for a voice theme let me know and i'll see what i can knock up, was thinking of trying to do a borg type one, and a chipmunk (high pitched) one, i'll also make the same themes for the speaking clock aswell.

by the way, if you are using the speaking clock and are using the fembot speaking clock wavs, you can use the same 0-9 as the keypad theme if you wish, saves a little bit of space, just means making sure the keypad theme wavs point to Storage Cardclock