Talking keypad

Guest midnight

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

5 pages in i think its about time i tried this...

Fembot will do me nicely i think, and the Windows startup sound will make for interesting results too :)

Guest midnight

website is now up and running (see sig)

lots of tweaks (i know a few more, just not added them yet, will do that over the weekend), some screenshots of games i'm working on, and other bits and pieces. From now on i'll post here about the new sound themes, but will upload them to my website (i have more space there), i'll still add a link here for your convenience tho :wink:

Guest ricmoo2003
Nice site :)

Changing all the reg keys is a nice tedious task as well.... i got up to 3 and my battery died ;)

It's much quicker if you just do 1 and then copy the key, you can then paste the key into the next tone and just change 1 figure (Sounds worse than it is)

Richard

Guest casper508

Isnt there a way to associate a file to a program?? There was a topic regarding this sometime in Jan(b4 the decert hack i think) and no solution was found in the end if I remember correctly. If somehow we could associate .reg files to regedit the task would become much simpler.

Cas

Guest midnight

file associations aint too difficult, but for .reg files it wont work unfortunately

however, we are working on a solution to this at the moment, i'll keep you posted

Guest midnight

basically because you cant import reg files in the reg editor :)

so, yeh, you can export the reg file, edit it on the pc, but you cant import the thing again afterwards

but, like i said, we are working on a solution now, which will improve the editing massively (give us a week or two to get it finished tho)

Guest jim80b

ok for all those who are luckly enough to have m$ embedded tools...

there is a option in visual c++ (havent tried vb) to edit reg's. you can connect to the smartphone and edit the reg using that.

this is being tested after i eat dinner so expect a confirmation later

:) ;) :mrgreen:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The remote reg editor works fine, you still need a decertified phone though...

I'm just testing if you can restore backups too...

Guest westy1507

Right,

after some initial success, the sounds aren't working AT ALL now - which is driving me nuts.

What on earth am i doing wrong? I've done ahard reset now, do i have to de-cert again? Sorry for the thickness, i'm having a bad day :lol:

Westy

Guest midnight

you should have waited m8, i sent you full instructions how to set the tones and check for errors in the PM :wink:

and yes, after a hard reset you will need to decert

• 5 months later...
Guest cellfreak

I was able to change all the downloaded wav files as the system sounds. When I went into the sound settings , all the sounds under that window reverted back to the system defaults.

Cellfreak

*UPDATED 18/3/03*

and just repeat for all of the keypad tones ( you can actually speed up the process by copying and pasting the values and just changing the wav number).

How can you do this? What to press to copy and paste?