Talking keypad

Guest midnight

Guest PalmBeer

I have just used these and it's just AMAZING!!!! The Borg ones combined with a GOOOOOD MOOOORNIINGG VIETNAAAAAAAAAm every time my phone boots just ROCKS..

BUT...

I also want to use the changer sonniers app allowing me to use ringtones from the sd card.. Is that possible? (as I read that whenever you change the ringtone the registry goes back for some stuff and that I do NOT want :)

Plus, I want to use different ringtones for some of my contacts... I read somewhere in a thread i can't find at the moment that this is possible.. But will the changes i've just made still be on afterwards?

Could someone enlighten me in this :wink:

Oh and Midnight, I know i've said it before but WOW you're amazing figuring this stuff out and taking the time testing it and instructing us.. saves sooooooo many ppl so bloody much time!!!

Oh can someone also pleasy tell me where in the registry I can change my current ringtone? cause I dont want to lose any changes now

sorry for the bit chaotic message here, I just type what I think at that exact momentusually

Guest PalmBeer

Hey there :D found my own sollution to the problem here I just changed a simple registry setting the same like I did for the talking keypad and blam, now i can use custom ringtones for every contact (bit too much to do it for all of them, but for some it rocks), and still have a perfectly working borg sounding spv wich yells good morning vietnam on every boot ;) whehehehe

Awesome :)

Guest migueltan

how can i get rid of the click sound whenever i press a button?

i want to have the talking keypad but evry button that i press makes a click sound.. can this be removed? tnx!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest dodding nonkey

WOW!!! BRILLIANT!!! Thanks to all the information and hard work that has gone into this thread I just my blew my Dad's mind. He was so happy with mobile I got him for his birthday, although he couldn't get his head round SMS (he's nearly 70), and then I show him a phone that says the numbers as you press them. Midnight - You da man! Thanks!

• 6 months later...
Guest beansjane

WTF i changed some of the registry settings for this voice thingy and now i cant go into my sounds folder at all on my phone whut do i do and if i have to do a hard reset how do i do that

Guest beansjane
WTF i changed some of the registry settings for this voice thingy and now i cant go into my sounds folder at all on my phone whut do i do and if i have to do a hard reset how do i do that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yeah i have a mpx200 with 2003 thingy on it

• 1 month later...
Guest dscline

Ack!! I've been workign all afternoon getting this to work. I decided to make it easy on myself, I'd use the new version of Smartione taht has a sound manager built in. After that, NONE of my sounds worked. After playing around forever, I realized that for some reason, it took out the "p" in each of the individual sounds, so they wouldnl't play. After manually putting them all back in, all the sounds worked again, EXCEPT the keypad buttons (the ones I was trying to change). After poking around in the registry, I noticed that for the number keys and * & #, the "Category" key was set to a multi-string, with a value of "System |", with the | apparently being representative of a carriage return. All the other sounds had the Catergory set as a (single) string, with a value of "System". So I went through each one of them, deleted the "bad" keys, and rentered them as single strings as they should be. The talking keypad worked... for a few minutes, then stopped working again. Looking back at the registry, that key got changed back to a multi-string. I tried again, and after turning off the phone & turning it back on, it changed them back. Is anyone getting this to work (and stay working) on an MPX220?

:x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest evil_fezzy

Help Newb here id love to have the borg talking keypad but for the life of me i cant get the hangoff registory??? i'm a complete newb to this so any help would be great thanks guys keep up the good work.

Guest evil_fezzy

Help Newb here id love to have the borg talking keypad but for the life of me i cant get the hangoff registory??? i'm a complete newb to this so any help would be great thanks guys keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jenko20

:roll:

hi im trying to edit the keypad wavs but all i get is a ding sound when i press the key

my wavs are on my storage card in a file called keypad and i tried to add

a new value string by typing

Storage Cardkeypad0.wav

but it keeps defaulting back to default.wav

Guest shawnb1824
:roll:

hi im trying to edit the keypad wavs but all i get is a ding sound when i press the key

my wavs are on my storage card in a file called keypad and i tried to add

a new value string by typing

Storage Cardkeypad0.wav 

but it keeps defaulting back to default.wav

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem but I got it to work by putting the files in the "Windows" folder. Follow the registry directions like before but in "Value Data" just put the file name (hash.wav for example). Make sure there are no spaces after the file name. It takes up space in the phone but it works.

edit: Well it almost worked. when I turned off the phone some of the tones reverted back to normal. I had to go back in and edit a few of them again.

Edited by shawnb1824

Guest dj_sea

i want to install this (the .cab) but will my sounds compltely revert back to normal when i uninstall it? (via settings, remove programs)

i am using a c500,

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest talnus

Does this work on Windows Mobile 2003 SE? I'd really like to get a talking keypad on my SMT-5600 (C500) but the cabs give me "error - file not designed for your device" and I'm afraid to change anything in the registry without knowing for sure. TIA. PS - if someone made updated cabs you would have a LOT of fans I'm sure.

Guest Projekt8E

lol, glad I'm not the only one having troubles. Except I am using a MPX-220 and no storage card(since they changed it from sd to mini sd) and I put the sound files in storage/application data/sounds but when I enter that directory in the newly created string it makes no sound...and yes the system volume is up.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest watterson16

kinda confused i go to all the way down to sounds on the regestry editer but i dont see where it says keypad all mine says is defalt beep and extended sounds can someone please help????