***Sound issues on the Smart fone2002***

Guest Jrobert

Guest Jrobert

Hey peeps,

Anyone seeing a trend re: sound with the Smart Fone2002? Ive had my unit about a month and have only added a few things like the boot loader and os upates, smart explorer, and thats 'bout it... Everything was working great untill a few days ago... sound started intermittently fading so you can barely here when you get sms or if someones callin', playin mp3's, wav's, wma's, etc. Never dropped my unit and checked the volume settings.

Thing is after a while, its back to normal again. Wtf is goin' on? Bug? Anyone gettin' this? Know of any quick fixes, patches, updates, etc.? Or is this unit a dud? But have been askin' around and Im not the only one experiencing this prob. Pls advise.. I mean I love the fone but that kinda sux tho. Insights?

Thanks,

John K.

Site Supervisor

Dell Technical Support

WW Relationship Services

Guest Firaas

John,

This is likely to be a fault with your specific handset - I've not heard of this problem before.

If it was bought as an Orange handset on contract/PAYG, Orange will be happy to replace it or arrange to repair it - call 150.

My only suggestion is to check your profile options and stick each volume option on full, and see if this helps. (Power button, scroll down to Normal, Menu > Edit)

By the way, cross-posting is evil :)

Guest Jrobert

Thanks bro.. I bought this thru an Asian provider as I am doing remote work in the Philippines. New at this forum 'ish also... so its bad to cross post? Wuts that? Anyway, Yeah checked my profile settings too - no go. Dam if its my handset and Im not the only one then HT gotta do some recallin'.

Thanks.

Guest Firaas
Thanks bro.. I bought this thru an Asian provider as I am doing remote work in the Philippines. New at this forum 'ish also... so its bad to cross post? Wuts that? Anyway, Yeah checked my profile settings too - no go. Dam if its my handset and Im not the only one then HT gotta do some recallin'.

(Cross posting is posting the same thing more than once in more than one topic/forum...)

It could be your software playing up, in which case it would be best to perform a hard reset before you go about getting a replacement/repair.