SYNC Help!

Guest neilg

Hi,

My SPV seems to be set up to only sync contacts and calendar over a server whatever I do so all I seem to be able to sync is Tasks and Inbox with my PC.

I have all my contacts stored in Outlook2K (having used either a Nokia 6310 or SE T68 previously).

I am NOT going to input over 300 contacts with addresses, emails and phone numbers manually - is there something I am doing wrong or is there a way to fool the SPV into thinking my PC is the server??

It surely shouldn't be this difficult to sync to MS platforms! All I want to do is Sync Contacts and Calendar with my PC.

Cheers

neil

Guest Paul [MVP]

Trust me, using ActiveSync is normally as easy as falling off a very narrow log :D

So what happens when you plug into an activesync enabled PC? Everything *should* start happening automagically.

What exactly are your symptoms?

P

Hi Paul,

All works OK for setup, Install Active sync 3.6, go to create a partnership, select sync with PC only and then the only options that I have to sync with are Inbox and Tasks. Calendar and contacts are in there somewhere but only if you choose sync with an activesync server (whicj I don't have).

Sync Contacts and Calendar checboxes are ticked on SPV.

I'll try a full reset so it is as it was from the box and try it all again - I take it you get to sync contacs and calendar fine as options in active sync? Does it show these as options when it is working OK or does it still just show inbox and tasks but go ahead and sync the other stuff??

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help - sorted now, although now I want to sync with a subfolder in contacts where I keep all my numbers! I'll replace my numbers in the default folder for now until I figure that one out!

Cheers

Neil