Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest batute

Now I'm confused....sori po newbie.

One question:

If I upgrade my SPV which was unlocked before and now on bootloader 0.99 and SAP 1.3.7.8 will I still need my unlocking code after the upgrade?

Because if I don't need it anymore, I can go ahead with the upgrade.

Guest spv_dman

@batute

Just upgrade your SAP to qtek ROM, no need to run the unlock application. This is based on the experience of other users who have successfully upgraded their SAP to qtek ROM.

Guest vijay555

PhoneBackup is nice, backs up to local storage, useful.

However, orange roms have "action engine" backup software, that backs up thru gprs to orange servers, so whenever your phone hard resets (as it does from time to time), just log on and have all calendar and contacts back in a few seconds.

I suppose if you keep phone backup on your sd, you can always keep a local backup handy. action engine can be scheduled for daily backups automaticaly tho, and is free, so you always have most recent backup available.

I miss it, but phonebackup is very useful now..

And yeah, for me, qtek is lasting at least 1/3 longer then spv e100 1.5 UK

V

Guest vijay555

imate is on the imate thread - http://www.x-share.com/users/vip4uae/upgradeb.zip

I do like it, and they're pretty much the same as far as i'm concerned, i just like the qtek boot up screen more :)

can't stand the ugly Imate logo that pops up when dialing, so DIY!

Not that "Smartphone 2002" is much better, but nice colouring.

Personally, not much in either, pretty much the same. BUT, no usable t9 in either rom, so u might want to wait for the new Orange 1.5. Apart from battery life + ialbum, not much difference functionally, IMHO.

Comments?

V

Guest spv_dman
PhoneBackup is nice, backs up to local storage, useful.

However, orange roms have "action engine" backup software, that backs up thru gprs to orange servers, so whenever your phone hard resets (as it does from time to time), just log on and have all calendar and contacts back in a few seconds.

V

I'm a little lost here, what's PhoneBackup? Is it a separate application or bundled with one of the ROMS? :roll:

Guest dinoalbert

turn your phone into the tri-color Canary mode first (turn it off, press and hold record button + press power button) before starting the upgrade.

Guest vijay555

PhoneBackup is in Mitac software bundle.

allows backup of:

1.Contacts

2.Calendar

3.Tasks

4.Channels (Avantgo!)

5.Notes

6.Voice Notes

to local storage. superbly useful, finally!

Coupled with an ipsm backup, you'll never be lost.

Imate ROM is lean, very little extra gubbins installed, but so little difference as far as i can see. I just prefer the colours of the QTEK bootscreen :wink:

Functionally,

-both miss t9 (english),

-qtek SMS counter is supposed to be better (in that it recognises reply to sms and automatically counts - not sure if imate still requires you to type number into CC:)

-i get great battery life with Qtek. can't remember if imate is the same,

if you don't use t9 english, i'd recommend the upgrade.

if you do use it, stick with what you've got, and just download the mitac software bundle from smartphone france. some useful stuff in there.

V

Guest dinoalbert

What about the option (right softkey) to choose Flash Rom instead of Storage Card....what does it mean? Will it save/backup my IPSM to Flash Rom???

Guest mortenharkett722

i just tried the i-mate update. It's nice but qtek's is better. Cooler bootup screen and has t9 htough weird. I-mate has none only arabic support.

Guest spv_dman
PhoneBackup is in Mitac software bundle.

allows backup of:

1.Contacts

2.Calendar

3.Tasks

4.Channels (Avantgo!)

5.Notes

6.Voice Notes

to local storage. superbly useful, finally!

Coupled with an ipsm backup, you'll never be lost.

V

Under PhoneBackup, Is there an option to backup entire IPSM? Where is it? :roll:

Guest dinoalbert

I think hindi.

My SAP is sim-locked before I upgraded to Qtek...after the upgrade, its still locked with Smart. So if I send it to Brightpoint, they will see that its sim-locked pa rin....the only difference they might notice is the blue Qtek start-up logo. But I can simply tell them that I just customized/changed the startup image, just like customizing my homescreen.... hindi naman nila siguro alam yun kung papaano. :wink:

So pwede mong bolahin na hindi mo ginalaw ang rom :) unless alam nila or naiintindihan nila na ang starup logo is the result of a different rom upgrade

Can you give the advantages of imate ROM that made you say it's better than qtek?

first... higher build yung sa imate.. a bit faster (para sakin) not sure about others.. hindi na siya sobrang lag kapag nagpapatugtog ako ng mo3 then nagtetxt ako... no hangs yet... battery life (same with qtek lang cguro).. check ko pa

Guest mariolouis
I think hindi.  

My SAP is sim-locked before I upgraded to Qtek...after the upgrade, its still locked with Smart. So if I send it to Brightpoint, they will see that its sim-locked pa rin....the only difference they might notice is the blue Qtek start-up logo. But I can simply tell them that  I just customized/changed the startup image, just like customizing my http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen.... hindi naman nila siguro alam yun kung papaano.  :wink:  

So pwede mong bolahin na hindi mo ginalaw ang rom  :)  unless alam nila or naiintindihan nila na ang starup logo is the result of a different rom upgrade

pards ingat lang sa post! may mga daga dito taga smart! baka masuplong tayo. :wink:

anyway, ok nga yung qtek. at least better that smart 1.37 IMHO.